ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

Remember when angry people online attacked Simone Biles because of her mental health struggles and she just couldn't make it happen for herself? Her teammates stood by her and it seems she got the help she needed. And look at her today.
So much bullshit in one post:

"attacked Simone Biles" = Me pushing back on the narrative that Biles was a hero at the last Olympics when she didn't win.

"mental health struggles" = getting the twisties

The fact of the matter was that Biles had a mental block at a very important time in her life. No one was attacking her, we were just saying she didn't perform well when it mattered most. Usually that's sort of the mark of a great athlete. She clearly redeemed herself this time. You "yass queen" pussies can get bent.

So much bullshit in one post:

"attacked Simone Biles" = Me pushing back on the narrative that Biles was a hero at the last Olympics when she didn't win.

"mental health struggles" = getting the twisties

The fact of the matter was that Biles had a mental block at a very important time in her life. No one was attacking her, we were just saying she didn't perform well when it mattered most. Usually that's sort of the mark of a great athlete. She clearly redeemed herself this time. You "yass queen" pussies can get bent.
Really defensive response. I don't have a clue what you in particular said but its ironic someone as defensive as you seem to be which results in immediate name-calling wants me to know that you did nothing wrong and were certainly not attacking anyone. Cool, thanks.

In real life, your post would be like screaming obscenities at a stranger and then making sure they know you're a good person. And as I said in a thread yesterday, I'm 40 and beyond name-calling at randoms online.

Oh, and for the record, Biles was attacked online by strangers as her teammates stood with her. Can't change history, my friend. Regardless, she's certainly not a 'weak' person.

All reports indicate she was born with full female parts (vagina, uterus, etc) and lived her life as a girl in a country has strict anti trans laws. There are plenty of pictures online of her as a young girl. Do we really think a Muslim country with strict anti trans laws is going to allow a transgender to compete for them? That is what tweets like that from Riley Gaines yesterday causes a lot of problems. I saw that she essentially doubled down on it today. The argument the anti trans (though this isn’t a trans issue) folks have constantly made was a penis equals male and a vagina equals female. Now all of a sudden that isn’t the case from that side. Are we making up rules as we go?

I agree with you that there is a question as whether it’s fair or not but she reportedly met all the requirements to compete as a female.

The IOC Adams says Khelif has female on a passport. What a dumb ass thing to say. He would have been better to lay out the Olympic requirements to compete as a female. If testosterone levels are not a factor, then my post is spot on. The flood gates to hormone use are wide open.

I don’t know who is reporting Khelif has a vagina and a uterus. I have read plenty of articles. Who is reporting that and what is the source?

On this topic.. allowing those with DSD, and therefore having male Chromosomes present, to compete against females... IDK. I see the advantage it imposes, but I also get that this is something from birth that no one has control over (assuming these chromosomes weren't manipulated through doping mechanisms).

Create a DSD Olympics? lol.

It’s a tough issue. Intersex means different things. It does not rule out testicles which could mean that muscle mass and other advantages exist because of hormonal activity during puberty and thereafter, if hormone “treatment” is not applied. In that case, you have XX women competing with a person who is not an XX woman and has benefited physically from their genetic makeup in a chromosomal manner that is not available biological women.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT