ADVERTISEMENT

The new practice facility

BlueSince92

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2008
That Cal didn’t get and that some say was the reason Cal’s relationship with Mitch soured.

Is it responsible for where we are now? If so, how much so?

If so, is that because Cal’s been either losing or maybe just going through the motions in a limited sense, due to being mad that he didn’t get it?

Or is it because he really hasn’t been able to train and recruit to the level he would and should have been able to, if he’d had that big, state of the art, sportsy bling?

What say you?

I say Cal will come up with any excuse he can find to try and explain his failure.

But to answer the question: We have the #1 or #2 recruiting class in the nation EVERY year. So a new facility couldn't help us recruit any better. And I find it hard to believe that a new practice facility would help us better prepare for games.

I remember Rocky training in the Siberian barn to fight Drago. He fared OK.

I don't hear UConn or Villanova not being able to compete for NCs because of a leaky practice facility.

Just go practice downtown and stand strong until you get what you want Cal.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I hope the new coach gets one right away just to tell Cal to shove it. That has had zero impact on any of these failures.

• Haha
Are you suggesting that if we'd have built a $33M practice facility, we might not be looking for a new coach?

Interesting thought.

I say Cal will come up with any excuse he can find to try and explain his failure.

But to answer the question: We have the #1 or #2 recruiting class in the nation EVERY year. So a new facility couldn't help us recruit any better. And I find it hard to believe that a new practice facility would help us better prepare for games.

Yes, it’s the practice facility’s fault.

What exactly is wrong with the practice facility? I remember seeing something about the roof leaking but that cannot be all. How outdated can it be?

Are you suggesting that if we'd have built a $33M practice facility, we might not be looking for a new coach?

Interesting thought.
I’m not suggesting anything. I’m asking what people think because I figure people will have perspectives that could be interesting.

The players could guard better with a new practice facility. It would also help with injuries and sickness since someone is always not healthy.

• Haha

Part of the reason our recruiting classes are rated so high is that we brongmn so many freshmen every year! Quantity over quality!

This is why I never see Cal going to a school where football is king. He couldn’t take UK football getting some of his spotlight and acted like a sore loser when they got much needed upgrades. Just add it to the list of stuff he’s done the last few years to make the fanbase roll their eyes at him.

My biggest concern from the facility discussion was Mitch not spending big money to keep UK basketball at the top.

He is now presented with a chance to spend big money in hopes of keeping UK at the top…not sure I have confidence he will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT