ADVERTISEMENT

The New AP Poll Makes No Sense: Kentucky at 16th

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Texas moves UP 4 spots and jumps us after it taking a buzzer beater to beat a terrible Louisville team.

We're only 4 spots above Ark after they lose at home to a low major?

FAU loses to BRYANT at home, has zero quality wins, and is ranked just a couple of spots below us.

Can't wait to smack UNC by 30 points and put the idea to rest that they are better than we are.

Same with Gonzaga and Miami.

I have no idea how unc jumped 6 spots. I had to check their schedule to see if they beat anyone, it’s just three cupcakes. I’m convinced some of these people don’t watch the games and just rank off the scores they see on espn app.

I thought we would’ve moved to 15, but oh well plenty of opportunities to move up here soon. That Miami game going be fun.

Further proof that pollsters don't pay attention to early season basketball.

not-paying-attention-what-huh.gif

Texas moves UP 4 spots and jumps us after it taking a buzzer beater to beat a terrible Louisville team.

FAU loses to BRYANT at home, has zero quality wins, and is ranked just a couple of spots below us.

Can't wait to smack UNC by 30 points and put the idea to rest that they are better than we are.

We definitely have the opportunity to prove ourselves with our out of conference schedule very soon.

Hopefully we get Bradshaw back and Z cleared and we start beating teams down.

6 SEC teams + Texas. This conference is going to be so much tougher when those 2 join. I do think Oklahoma gets a boost from joining. Maybe moreso tougher for football, but bball should see an increase as well.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
The only possible explanation was that a team like StoneHill and Texas-whatever were REALLY bad teams. But if that's even the case, I don't agree with it. I don't think the 330th ranked team is any different than the 230th team (who other teams likely faced).. any school outside of like 125th or 150th likely has the same chance of beating a ranked team, which is very low. Plus on top of all of it, we played the #1 team in the nation to within a possession or two late, on a neutral court.

UNC is especially nuts. Better to beat little sisters of the poor than to play real competiton and narrowly lose.

Reactions: bbncal02
The only possible explanation was that a team like StoneHill and Texas-whatever were REALLY bad teams. But if that's even the case, I don't agree with it. I don't think the 330th ranked team is any different than the 230th team (who other teams likely faced).. any school outside of like 125th or 150th likely has the same chance of beating a ranked team, which is very low. Plus on top of all of it, we played the #1 team in the nation to within a possession or two late, on a neutral court.
TAMC turned around and beat St. Joes. Stonehill is a bad team, but we've done what every other team has done against them for the most part.

UNC is especially nuts. Better to beat little sisters of the poor than to play real competiton and narrowly lose.
That's the one that really egregious. Like, at least with Texas they're in a little tourney, so you give them a bit of a bump. UNC was at home. For both those games. Meanwhile we were up in Chi-town in a heavy weight fight.

I have no idea how unc jumped 6 spots. I had to check their schedule to see if they beat anyone, it’s just three cupcakes. I’m convinced some of these people don’t watch the games and just rank off the scores they see on espn app.

I thought we would’ve moved to 15, but oh well plenty of opportunities to move up here soon. That Miami game going be fun.
Yep, and I'll be in town for the Miami game. First Rupp visit for me in several years (last one was UL pre-COVID).

We just want to be moving forward in the polls come February for seeding purposs. This team has got to get no worse than a 2 Seed.

who cares? We lost. We choked and Ku played like dog crap. We have no bigs. Yes we are ranked accordingly and if uk fans would hold the coach and ad accountable instead of excuses and “woe is us” we wouldn’t have this terrible losing and low expectations. I believe in an anti uk bias but right now they have all the reason in the world to rank us low. We’ve beaten no one. We’ve spent the last 3 years losing like hasn’t happened in our lifetimes. 16 is very appropriate for a team with massive question marks. And btw there isn’t a team ahead of us that shouldn’t be.

I said all pre-season I didn't give a shit about the pre-season rankings. Nobody is gonna rank us until we start playing worth a shit. That said, we've looked as good as anybody, even the #1 team. We shouldn't be any lower than 15.

Reactions: bbncal02
who cares? We lost. We choked and Ku played like dog crap. We have no bigs. Yes we are ranked accordingly and if uk fans would hold the coach and ad accountable instead of excuses and “woe is us” we wouldn’t have this terrible losing and low expectations. I believe in an anti uk bias but right now they have all the reason in the world to rank us low. We’ve beaten no one. We’ve spent the last 3 years losing like hasn’t happened in our lifetimes. 16 is very appropriate for a team with massive question marks. And btw there isn’t a team ahead of us that shouldn’t be.
And exactly who has UNC beaten. I'll give you a hint. NO ONE.

UNC and Texas are not better than us. Period.

The rest I'm perfectly fine with.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Fanta left UK out of his pre-season top 25 but has come around.

I look at that and see zero respect for Kansas.
I don't know. I see what you're saying, and can't disagree, but Kansas actually gained a vote. ...after being down 14 to a team without big size. I mean, none of this poll makes much sense. Early non-watching voters.

Y’all are a top 5 team. Just let it happen. Who cares what a bunch of reporters that can’t play basketball themselves rank you.
Not top 5. At least not currently. But taking y'all to the wire, and not nearly 100%, would've made most think the legit spot could be around 12/13ish. Splitting hairs, but I was expecting a different number.

Hold up lol.

KU "played like dog crap" because their team is really just experienced-but-merely-decent players, and ran into probably the most talented team they've played. Kentucky will have 5 maybe 6 players drafted before Kansas will have 1 taken.

They played poorly because our guards are legit, fast, can shoot, and caused turnovers. And Hunter Dickinson basically had free reign in the paint because we were without 3 of our PFs/Centers.

I don't want to hear about Kansas not playing well for any reason other than Kentucky severely outmatches their talent. That games one-line summary should read "Kansas survives Kentucky's lack of front court, but the WIldcats look dangerous".

I don't know. I see what you're saying, and can't disagree, but Kansas actually gained a vote. ...after being down 14 to a team without big size. I mean, none of this poll makes much sense. Early non-watching voters.
Yes. I can’t make much sense of it either. The acronym FUBAR comes to mind.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT