ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA is eliminating the National Letter of Intent.

No surprise, they have no authority so no need to bind them with a paper that has no power. With revenue sharing and payments I expect contracts to be signed. They get paid partially(signing bonus) to commit, and the rest upon completion of the season in weekly or monthly installments. That way coaches know who will be there for sure, kids will have to honor their agreement, and they will be paid the sum promised or they can sue. I love our position in the game because schools with the most revenue to share should be the most attractive to recruits as it will be the highest base pay. It seems like NiL agreements and payments are highly suspect so guaranteed money from a school will be attractive to most.

Last edited:
smh... they (athletes/agents) want this treated a job.
Then sign up, once you have picked the job.... make them sign contracts as someone said above. But, I bet there is a ton of pushback on something like that... see UNLV QB.
In the real world, he would be un-hireable at many companies for pulling those shenigans.... not blacked balled, but who puts out money to have the kid demand more (without incentives).
and those incentives should go both ways... you under perform, you don't get paid.

Reactions: littlecreek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT