ADVERTISEMENT

Government Weather Modification aka Cloud Seeding

Weather modification is absolutely real
Normally referred to as geo-engineering now

There are various systems & methods that were developed over decades

Ground based systems - satellite platforms - aircraft that can directly alter cloud composition - older patents feature ship based designs that create chemical laced updrafts

i had exactly one (1) direct interaction with the HAARP site in AK while in the AF
Their website at that time was ".mil" and openly listed offensive capabilities they could employ. - so that site is enormous - over 200 antenna type devices - its called a research facility now but you CAN use it to heat large swaths of the atmosphere & ocean as well

It can disrupt / EMP a ground based target and radically alter the electrical properties of the atmosphere -

Russia and China have similar sites
China openly bragged about artificially manipulating the weather when they had the Olympics

I can totally understand why it would sound strange to anyone who hasn't considered the idea

Military technology inherently features operating systems that people just don't know about -- directed energy weapons would be another operational, non-classified weapon type that many ppl would still consider "far fetched" ?

Then you have actual classified weapons or classified varieties of weapons - and that includes various compartmentalized levels of secrecy

THEN there's stuff in development or low rate initial production
and finally - more concept level systems that are IR&D or possibly DARPA research

Point is - it shouldn't surprise anyone that capabilities exist that you've never heard of
There's definitely a portfolio of weapons - defensive systems - electronic / electromagnetic / nanotechnology and neurological based weapons on line - and at the disposal of our CINC and Sevices

I have provided extensive links in the global climate change thread if anyone wants to see - those are all public facing / objective sources

US Patents are a good place to start if you're genuinely interested in getting an overview of some of the things developed over time -

That's an inherently reliable source that includes an abstract/overview - design blueprints or electronic schematics and details regarding various methods of deployment- including possible chemicals used and their effects

I will respond a second time below this post to provide a list of US patents that go back to the 1950's -- all related to various methods of weather modification
Great post, thanks for detailing your firsthand account. I've heard talk of lasers being used in weather modification which would be fascinating if true.

On a side note I'm quite amazed with the science deniers we have responding to this thread.

Least surprising thing on the Paddock is Wyvern(CastleRubric) being a weather manipulation conspiracy theorist.

That list looks like a few cloud seeding patents sprinkled throughout a random list of things that have nothing to do with the weather.

For example:
  • 5486900 – January 23, 1996 – Measuring device for amount of charge of toner and image forming apparatus having the measuring device - this appears to be a patent filed by Sharp Corp to measure toner in copy machines
  • 6034073 – March 7, 2000 – Solvent detergent emulsions having antiviral activity - this is a patent by Novovax regarding a process for inactivating viruses
Not sure who gave you that list, but you might want to consider checking their work next time. Just from scanning the descriptions in your post, it’s clear that most of those patents are non-weather related without even needing to look up the actual patent filing.

If that’s supposed to represent a list of weather related patents, it is exceedingly sloppy work.

Most importantly, and I cannot understand how people still need to be told this - patents, even owned by the US, often are totally 1000% MEANINGLESS. They do NOT have to even be real. Literally. There are literal UFO patents, go ahead and look them up. They can be totally bogus fantasies.

Reactions: GeraldV
"Patents" can be civilization changing. Like lightbulbs or lasers. Or innocuous doodads. You can't cite a patent to prove government conspiracy. In 2023, there were over 300,000 patents issued.

Practical modification of the weather involves rainmaking. Seeding clouds. It has some success but it's advantages are ambiguous. You sure can't gin up a hurricane and you can't dissipate it. Trump once asked if he could nuke one to dissipate it. That's the kind of energies involved.

Reactions: GeraldV and Mossip
Practical modification of the weather involves rainmaking. Seeding clouds. It has some success but it's advantages are ambiguous. You sure can't gin up a hurricane and you can't dissipate it. Trump once asked if he could nuke one to dissipate it. That's the kind of energies involved.
/thread

Gd … some people are really stupid.

I have no clue. What's your opinion?

Rather than take a walk in the park on a beautiful day, the Hall Monitor has announced that this discussion is absurd in a lengthy novella post upstream.

So, please honor the Hall Monitor. If you have any questions, you can find him in the professional wrastl’n/soap opera thread with quite frequency.

"Patents" can be civilization changing. Like lightbulbs or lasers. Or innocuous doodads. You can't cite a patent to prove government conspiracy. In 2023, there were over 300,000 patents issued.

A hurricane releases energy through the formation of clouds and rain (it takes energy to evaporate all that water). An average hurricane (1.5 cm/day of rain, circle radius of 665 km), that's a gigantic amount of energy: 6.0 x 10^14 Watts or 5.2 x 10^19 Joules/day!

This is equivalent to about 200 times the total electrical generating capacity on the planet! NASA says that during its life cycle a hurricane can expend as much energy as 10,000 nuclear bombs! And we're just talking about average hurricanes here. You don't F with mother nature.

Rather than take a walk in the park on a beautiful day, the Hall Monitor has announced that this discussion is absurd in a lengthy novella post upstream.

So, please honor the Hall Monitor. If you have any questions, you can find him in the professional wrastl’n/soap opera thread with quiet frequency.
If the purpose of discussing small scale and widely known efforts to modify weather (e.g., cloud seeding) is to try to lend credence to the idea that we can manipulate a hurricane, then that is an absurd conversation to have.

We know that humans are capable of significantly modifying a landscape. Bulldozers can shift a hill’s worth of dirt and explosives radically changed the face of Mt Rushmore. It’s fine to have a discussion about the ways that we’re able to reshape the land.

But it would be absurd to suggest that because we can do those things, that we are also capable of adjusting the position of Mt Everest.

Last edited:
If the purpose of discussing small scale and widely known efforts to modify weather (e.g., cloud seeding) is try to lend credence to the idea that we can manipulate a hurricane, then that is an absurd conversation to have.

We know that humans are capable of significantly modifying a landscape. Bulldozers can shift a hill’s worth of dirt and explosives radically changed the face of Mt Rushmore. It’s fine to have a discussion about the ways that we’re able to reshape the land.

But it would be absurd to suggest that because we can do those things, that we are also capable of adjusting the position of Mt Everest.
I don't think anyone believes the government has the ability to form or dissipate a hurricane but it is an interesting question as to if it's possible that an existing hurricane could be supercharged in it's intensity. It's asinine to think our government has not explored the weaponization of weather in some form or fashion.

I'm pretty sure that if we can control hurricanes Trump would have told us.

I'm also pretty convinced that making a hurricane for the sole purpose of, well I don't even know, only to have it demolish one of the biggest democratic havens in a purple toss up state 8 weeks before the election seems like a pretty questionable move.

It's one thing to debate climate change, this is a bit more on the fringe imo.

Reactions: BigSexyCat
I don't think anyone believes the government has the ability to form or dissipate a hurricane but it is an interesting question as to if it's possible that an existing hurricane could be supercharged in it's intensity. It's asinine to think our government has not explored the weaponization of weather in some form or fashion.
If someone wants to speculate about what it would take to one day manipulate hurricane intensity, more power to them.

However, it is absurd to suggest that we currently have the capability to do so.

Whether or not the government has explored that capability is not relevant. The government and other organizations are constantly exploring new ways of pushing the limits of what we’re capable of. But simply exploring an idea doesn’t mean we’re capable of it.

It’s laughable to suggest we’re capable of doing something solely on the basis that someone, at some point, has looked into whether or not it was possible.

Reactions: Mossip
If someone wants to speculate about what it would take to one day manipulate hurricane intensity, more power to them.

However, it is absurd to suggest that we currently have the capability to do so.

Whether or not the government has explored that capability is not relevant. The government and other organizations are constantly exploring new ways of pushing the limits of what we’re capable of. But simply exploring an idea doesn’t mean we’re capable of it.

It’s laughable to suggest we’re capable of doing something solely on the basis that someone, at some point, has looked into whether or not it was possible.
What's laughable is you pretending to know the limits of government R&D and how far we have advanced in this field, then again maybe your a G man with your ear to the ground but I doubt it. I'll admit I don't if it's even possible but it's definitely plausible.

I'm pretty sure that if we can control hurricanes Trump would have told us.

I'm also pretty convinced that making a hurricane for the sole purpose of, well I don't even know, only to have it demolish one of the biggest democratic havens in a purple toss up state 8 weeks before the election seems like a pretty questionable move.

It's one thing to debate climate change, this is a bit more on the fringe imo.
I agree but I think intensifying is not necessarily controlling.

Let’s cut to the chase here. You believe - or are using your “critical thinking skills” to think about whether - the federal government has caused (or intensified) these two hurricanes. Putting aside the fantasy of that being possible, why would the current administration do that especially right before an election?

Let’s cut to the chase here. You believe - or are using your “critical thinking skills” to think about whether - the federal government has caused (or intensified) these two hurricanes. Putting aside the fantasy of that being possible, why would the current administration do that especially right before an election?
That insertion is made by you not me. You conspiracy theorists really need to chill.

Posted by the OP this afternoon in the Political Thread.

Everyone is "they" and everything needs to be a conspiracy.

This seems awfully personal to the Hall Monitor.

For the sake of an actual discussion, did “they” claim misinformation during COVID and the prior election to censor people whose “conspiracies” later were revealed as fact?

It is a rhetorical question.

If the purpose of discussing small scale and widely known efforts to modify weather (e.g., cloud seeding) is to try to lend credence to the idea that we can manipulate a hurricane, then that is an absurd conversation to have.

Odd analogy and one I will just accept for the attempt and intent, rather than as fact, because it is irrelevant.

Saying a position or idea is absurd is quite distinct from the novella political attack regularly repeated by the Hall Monitor meant to shame. If you cannot read his post as a personal attack meant to shame, rather than merely to rebut, then maybe we should actually discuss what advanced military could achieve with regard to manipulation of Everest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT