ADVERTISEMENT

The last shot...

I see that you continue with your infamous name-calling ignorance.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but the truth is the truth, and the truth is anyone who thinks Briscoe is to blame for that play deserves to have his intelligence insulted.

It was not Briscoe's man who was left wide open, instead it was Willis'. It was not Briscoe who lost his man, instead it was Willis. The only reason Briscoe ended up on Maye is because, after properly covering his own man, he was then rushing over to provide help defense to try to cover for his teammate's mistake.

Please explain why you somehow think Briscoe's the one deserving of being derided for that play?

Last edited:
Willis was at fault on that last play and most the 2nd half. He left Maye open time and time again. If you want to point out 1 person that lost this game for us, it is Willis. Watch it again as I have 3 times and you'll see.

Reactions: UK90 and Xception
Maye absolutely dominated Willis all game long , so I guess it was fitting that he was wide open on the last play . Willis getting destroyed by Maye was the difference in the game and honestly every fan knew that if our season ended it would be because of the 4 spot . Which was by far and away our weakest link and you're only as strong as your weakest link .

actually agree that cal probably should have called time out, but only because willis was such a space cadet

i love willis as a wildcat and for who he is, but to see people somehow blaming briscoe (who played quite well, and extremely hard) is a bit much
Yeah, I agree. Briscoe was out of position and did all he could. 6'3" vs 6'8" is a mismatch. Willis at 6'9" was a better match up. He had a better chance of contesting the shot. But it is what it is.
Maye was the ideal choice to take the final shot unfortunately :(

Maye absolutely dominated Willis all game long , so I guess it was fitting that he was wide open on the last play . Willis getting destroyed by Maye was the difference in the game and honestly every fan knew that if our season ended it would be because of the 4 spot . Which was by far and away our weakest link and you're only as strong as your weakest link .
Yes I agree. UNC's length killed us. Got manhandled on the glass. We need more length on the team.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Say what you want Cal should have called the TO.
Yes, Ole Roy would also have a chance to set a play, but our defense would not have been in such an unorganized scramble...
Absolutely, a lot was happening in such a short time. Our players were out of position.
Had there been more organization we would possibly have been looking at overtime.

ADVERTISEMENT