ADVERTISEMENT

The end of an era. ELO final tour.

They will be in Indy Saturday and Cincy next week. The next month in Nashville. Visually and musically spectacular. Refered to as the 5th Beatle, Jeff Lynn is a historic figure in rock music. Don't risk missing them. It is worth every penny.

Thanks for the heads up on this. That was a blast!

I can see the talent. I think they are trying too hard to be too many things. Not my cup.
I too attended, ELO definitely didn't disappoint, and certainly a bucket list thing for me to see Jeff Lynne live.

Regarding Rooney, my wife said the exact thing about trying too hard. I personally thought they were pretty lame. Talented, yes, but maybe a little more soul would do them good. I have no idea what identity they're going for.

I too attended, ELO definitely didn't disappoint, and certainly a bucket list thing for me to see Jeff Lynne live.

Regarding Rooney, my wife said the exact thing about trying too hard. I personally thought they were pretty lame. Talented, yes, but maybe a little more soul would do them good. I have no idea what identity they're going for.
4th time for me seeing ELO.

Back to Rooney. They have been around for about 20 years. The lead singer is a "Coppola" as in Francis Ford Coppola (uncle). His mom is Talia Shire (Yo Adrian) and uncle or cousin is Nick Cage.

Musically they are certainly SoCal. I don't think they are trying to be anyone. It's just like being a band from Seattle and becoming a part/reflection of that music scene.

I detected the Strokes and a couple other similar sounds but overall there stuff is about 20 years old. And if Jeff liked them....that's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nintendo
4th time for me seeing ELO.

Back to Rooney. They have been around for about 20 years. The lead singer is a "Coppola" as in Francis Ford Coppola (uncle). His mom is Talia Shire (Yo Adrian) and uncle or cousin is Nick Cage.

Musically they are certainly SoCal. I don't think they are trying to be anyone. It's just like being a band from Seattle and becoming a part/reflection of that music scene.

I detected the Strokes and a couple other similar sounds but overall there stuff is about 20 years old. And if Jeff liked them....that's good enough for me.
If Talia Shire is his mother, then he is a brother to Jason Schwartzman. I did not know that. I was also at the Nashville show and had a blast. 1st time for ELO. Very glad to have made it.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
If Talia Shire is his mother, then he is a brother to Jason Schwartzman. I did not know that. I was also at the Nashville show and had a blast. 1st time for ELO. Very glad to have made it.
His name is Robert Schwartzman so that should be the case. I am glad you enjoyed the Nashville show too. I hate that this is it for Jeff, but he deserves the right to take it easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT