ADVERTISEMENT

The Dog Urinating Play!

I’ve seen some heartbreaking losses, but never had we had a self-inflicted one like that!

Just bizarre!

It interesting in that I thought that penalty was always enforced on the ensuing Kick off and I did not know that a coach had an option. You see this penalty a lot and you always see the penalty on the kick-off. You would think since you have an option to have the penalty applied to Extra Pt. attempt you would see coaches take the penalty that way to perhaps get the miss.

I’ve seen some heartbreaking losses, but never had we had a self-inflicted one like that!

Just bizarre!
Ole Miss has specialized in those this year. Pretty sure they had a game earlier this year where they scored a TD with no time outs and seconds on the clock but the refs refused to call it a TD and did not review it so they were forced to rush a play and got stopped short

The guy was out there on the kick off which basically enforced the dog piss behavior resulting in a 15 yard penalty. Does anyone think Rich Brooks would allow 8 to grace the field at that moment?

It interesting in that I thought that penalty was always enforced on the ensuing Kick off and I did not know that a coach had an option. You see this penalty a lot and you always see the penalty on the kick-off. You would think since you have an option to have the penalty applied to Extra Pt. attempt you would see coaches take the penalty that way to perhaps get the miss.
15 extra yards of field position is generally worth than maybe a 20 percent reduction in the likelihood of a successful extra point though obviously that's not the case when the extra point will take the game to overtime and there was only four seconds left anyway so field position is basically irrelevant.

Does anyone think Rich Brooks would allow 8 to grace the field at that moment?

His excuse will be that was the “hands team,” but a Coach w/o his head up his arse would have either fielded 10 or replaced him.

If he’d played for Brooks, he would have been in the locker room, the bus, or the ER.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
No 8 ... dismissed from FB team should be the only response. Let him finish his degree if he chooses. That would be a decent response but apparently won’t be

Thought the same thing, have seen it on the KO a lot of times. Wonder if he thought the same thing, no time left to speak of, but still a dumb move.

Nah, he was just dumb. I hope none of our players act that stupid.

Too many players think the game is just about them. All the work put in by other players isn’t considered. Kicker can forget about his costing them the game. All blaming the a***hole.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Seriously, did someone doctor that video? Nobody is dumb enough to do that are they?

Oh yeah I forgot. The guy for ESPN that wrote the article and started it out with "Ole Miss flushed away a golden chance at the Golden Egg" deserves a Pulitzer just for that one sentence.

Reactions: blubo
No 8 ... dismissed from FB team should be the only response. Let him finish his degree if he chooses. That would be a decent response but apparently won’t be
Guy that dumb doesn't deserve to be in college. If I were the OM kicker I'd kick him in the nuts.

Reactions: 0ldSarge
It's still just a chip shot kick and will almost always be made. That's why coaches opt for the kickoff. This time the kickoff wasn't helpful so why not apply it to the PeeAT.

I can't even imagine what my parents would have done to me if I did that, much less on national TV. It wouldn't have been good though.

If I were the Ole Myth coach that kid would be walking home. And when he got there he may well find out he had no scholarship. Complete and total "look at me" action in the most team oriented of all sports.

Peace
If i were the Ole Miss coach, he would not be walking home. I would put that dog collar on him that they give for turnovers and drag him home behind the bus.

I've seen players "doggin it" before, but this reaches new levels. Maybe the team can chip in and buy #8 a fire hydrant.:D

How would you like to be a college football player and have this stunt as your legacy? He wanted attention, and he damn sure got it.

What he did was selfish, childish and disrespectful. The player definitely deserves punishment.

But what he did is not worse than twisting a guys ankle in a pile or throwing a garbage can at a player. Kicking him off the team would be an extreme punishment that does not fit the offense.

Players dont get kicked off teams for dirty plays, so in no way should this kid receive a punishment that severe.

Reactions: Lamar Card
Dumbest play I ever saw. He cheated his teammates a chance to win the game.I would not have let him on the bus back to Oxford let alone the kickoff team. I would have fied Matt Luke for not disciplined him.

One last thing that even makes it worse is him on the sidelines getting congratulated with some wrestling belt.

Wow, if the disgust and anger on this board is that bad, can’t imagine what it’s like at Ole Miss. #8 may need to go into the federal witness protection program......

If i were the Ole Miss coach, he would not be walking home. I would put that dog collar on him that they give for turnovers and drag him home behind the bus.

EveryTartGosling-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Johnfarrel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT