ADVERTISEMENT

The Crafts are back onboard

There was way more going on and it wasn’t just the crafts that got Calipari out of that seat. You can believe what you want but he was and is a total pos and will not be welcomed back and for good reason.

Maybe after a long time but I wouldn’t even do it then. I’m hoping now that he’s gone people will begin to tell the true story of what that guy was doing. He won’t have a fan left in the state at all.
I'm not defending Cal on a large level. He was a stubborn ass and probably pushed a lot of people away. But in this specific instance he made the right decision.

There was way more going on and it wasn’t just the crafts that got Calipari out of that seat. You can believe what you want but he was and is a total pos and will not be welcomed back and for good reason.

Maybe after a long time but I wouldn’t even do it then. I’m hoping now that he’s gone people will begin to tell the true story of what that guy was doing. He won’t have a fan left in the state at all.
I hope every story comes out. Good and bad. Cal is gone so now the stories should mostly come out.

I hope every story comes out. Good and bad. Cal is gone so now the stories should mostly come out.

I hope it doesn’t to a degree because I’d rather move on. But there is a lot more to the situation and it’s inconceivable what he was doing to the program. Some of it is actually right in front of everyone’s face I’m surprised more haven’t caught on to it.

I do believe over the next few years it will be talked about.

I hope it doesn’t to a degree because I’d rather move on. But there is a lot more to the situation and it’s inconceivable what he was doing to the program and the state. Some of it is actually eight in front of everyone’s face I’m surprised more haven’t caught on to it.

I do believe over the next few years it will be talked about.
If you’d rather move on, why say that you hope it comes out? If you know something, say it, otherwise quit acting like you have some secret info to make yourself feel special.

That was a very quick turnaround time for her to acquire A pope jersey. All I’m saying is how many people had a Mark Pope jersey laying around in their closet. I got a feeling this decision been made for a while. Unless She just had one overnighted, which could be true of course.
Or maybe It’s a Lyle’s jersey.

Just sayin

That was a very quick turnaround time for her to acquire A pope jersey. All I’m saying is how many people had a Mark Pope jersey laying around in their closet. I got a feeling this decision been made for a while. Unless She just had one overnighted, which could be true of course.

Just sayin
They are millionaires living in KY. It's not THAT hard to get a retro jersey. I have a McCarty denim jersey in my closet.

Wow. This message speaks volumes about the late Cal era. Makes sense though looking back on it and the just plain weird, unexplainable stuff going on. Wow.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Everything happening around the program right now...new coach, new players, donors back on board and hopefully a revitalized sense of purpose...all point toward a optimistic future. It "feels" like a fresh start or reset and that may be what was needed most of all.

I think it will be hilarious if we get donations to the practice facility now.
Cal wanted an entirely new practice center which would have presumably had a new name. On the other hand, Barnhart wanted to put the money into renovating the current practice center, which happens to be called the Craft Center. This was their most public dispute.

I have no doubt that Pope can coach. I worried about recruiting and getting good players to come to UK. The more I read about what he was up against as far as the "no sex, no alcohol, etc" clause they had to agree to and still was able to put competitive teams on the court consistently, plus the big money donors that are only going to help us get great players, the more I'm ready to back our new coach.

Now I am just guessing but I think you might be right. I know it turned a lot of fans against him.
Of course it was. The screaming began then. Coaches at most schools deal primarily with young black guys. They are -- some exceptions not named -- sympathetic to their needs and aspirations. Some people aren't. But constant screaming has become the way some people make their political points. So, Calipari got caught up in that. Either through bad luck or bad coaching or something else, his accomplishments tailed off. It could have been from being an old coach. Or stubbornness. Or you name it. His record dovetailed with the screams. Exit pursued by a bear.

Just sayin
I’m sure Mark Pope had a Pope Jersey lying around and he gave it to her when they talked.

Damn right. Do some research on the Tyson family. You will find some disgusting claims against them. If true they should be behind bars.
I’m sure most Billionaires have shady history. You don’t accumulate that kinda succes and wealth without doing some bad things. Not saying the Crafts are, but I guarantee many Coal people got hurt or killed/sick. Lot of people would consider that bad. That’s the nature of the job of course and they had a job many are thankful for. It’s a double edged sword.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I have no doubt that Pope can coach. I worried about recruiting and getting good players to come to UK. The more I read about what he was up against as far as the "no sex, no alcohol, etc" clause they had to agree to and still was able to put competitive teams on the court consistently, plus the big money donors that are only going to help us get great players, the more I'm ready to back our new coach.
No girls. Hell, nary a Coca Cola or a cup of coffee is tough territory to recruit studs.

Half of being an athlete is getting the hotties!

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT