Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Bargaining

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Depression

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
It's been a very fast cycle for me, I found out while playing Valorant so I immediately had to get off that immediately before I completely lost my shit. In the span of about 4 hours I hit all of them, now I'm all in, LETS GO MARK POPE!

It also helps that our previous coach MASSIVELY underperformed for a decade basically.

Reactions: bIhawk
It's been a very fast cycle for me, I found out while playing Valorant so I immediately had to get off that immediately before I completely lost my shit. In the span of about 4 hours I hit all of them, now I'm all in, LETS GO MARK POPE!

It also helps that our previous coach MASSIVELY underperformed for a decade basically.
This is true but when cal came in he went to 4 final fours in 5 years. Ppl here want to win and were not just giving mark 3 years “to grow into it”

This is true but when cal came in he went to 4 final fours in 5 years. Ppl here want to win and were not just giving mark 3 years “to grow into it”
agree completely, I'm going to give him a fair shot though, if he fails after a couple years we are right back where we were today, looking for a coach.

Reactions: bIhawk
I was upset about it initially after it happened and not getting a coach on my list. Now, I have just accepted the hire. It is what it is and hope to see Kentucky win big again as well as the Kentucky job elevate Pope to the next level. It is true that he will have more resources than ever to work with. No choice but to go all in and cheer for one of our own to succeed.

At least with Pope, it is his destination job. Would be fun to get back to playing in tournaments like Maui again, watch players 3-4 years and have true senior days that mean something. In the meantime, would love to see Reed give it another year, Big Z play for a big man like Pope and maybe players like Thiero, Burks & Ugo stay. Saw some glimpses defensively of Ugo last year and would love to retain some of our scholarship players to bring some continuity to the program after a major change.

Last edited:
It’s a fu**ing joke that there’s threads on the board trying to justify and hype up this hire. This is the exact same thing as Payne at UL. Even worse since this is happening here of all places. Every single UK fan would have rightfully mocked and laughed at any other blueblood hiring Pope or someone like him. But since it’s happened here their dumbasses are talking themselves into it. That’s how we ended up with Billy. How Joker got to hang around so long. How Kal got to hang around so long.

Still angry. Nothing personal against pope but what has he done to earn this opportunity? What has he won? A couple of NIT games…in his career? Sheesh?!

After sleeping on it and being really upset on here once the news first broke that one of the big-name coaches did not get hired. I really hope Mark Pope being a Wildcat succeeds, wins big and make coaches regret not passing up the opportunity. As long as Kentucky wins again is all that matters. A former Wildcat leading the charge will make winning even better. People can shut the hell up about DOOK & UNC hiring their alumni and hope Pope beats them to winning a title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT