ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Z Era Begins

MrHotDice

All-American
Nov 1, 2002
Before the season is finished Z will be the difference maker in how far this team goes during tourney time.

Just my opinion but I’m excited to see him play. Didn’t he hold up pretty well in a league of veteran players? What if he can rebound and play defense not a serious question but it be nice. Cal probably will say he ain’t ready though.

Let me tell you a story about a man named Z.
Left is home for a new country......

Banjo-sig.gif

Didnt Z prove that he has been playing with men in Europe and the US college game is easy. Euros are not weak, pampered, or lazy. We need as many as we can get to come to UK.

it took 5 minutes of play before my 4 year old was ALL IN on “BIG Z” 😂. Fun watching him thrive in his first game!

I took down some thoughts on BigZ and his impact:

- Hes going to be a top5 pick. Normally, any other player in the 6 foot range, hitting 4 of 4 threes on their debut? It’s awesome to see. But when a 7 footer does it, every single NBA team is taking notice. He’s got an offensive game like Porzingis who can step out for shots, but better defensively.

- This game is going to go down as one of the most memorable UK games in some time, certainly regular season games. It’s up there with the AD block over UNC, or the shelling the 2015 team gave to Kansas.

- This could be a very important player for euro basketball players, certainly from Croatia and the turkey league. If Big Z turns out to be a star in the making (and we're talking a star in the NBA).. Cal needs to lean into his European recruiting, especially in this day of NIL, players empowered with transferring, and AAU levels of poor-basketballl development. Give me some euro players who have high work ethics. They are becoming a bigger and bigger factor in the NBA.

- All that’s left for this team now is to tighten up the defense, which we should.. and our PGs and play making. I think that might be our big weak spot right now. And it's not even "weak" by any means.. just needs a little more work. Bring it from an 8 to a 10.

I took down some thoughts on BigZ and his impact:

- Hes going to be a top5 pick. Normally, any other player in the 6 foot range, hitting 4 of 4 threes on their debut? It’s awesome to see. But when a 7 footer does it, every single NBA team is taking notice. He’s got an offensive game like Porzingis who can step out for shots, but better defensively.

- This game is going to go down as one of the most memorable UK games in some time, certainly regular season games. It’s up there with the AD block over UNC, or the shelling the 2015 team gave to Kansas.

- This could be a very important player for euro basketball players, certainly from Croatia and the turkey league. If Big Z turns out to be a star in the making (and we're talking a star in the NBA).. Cal needs to lean into his European recruiting, especially in this day of NIL, players empowered with transferring, and AAU levels of poor-basketballl development. Give me some euro players who have high work ethics. They are becoming a bigger and bigger factor in the NBA.

- All that’s left for this team now is to tighten up the defense, which we should.. and our PGs and play making. I think that might be our big weak spot right now. And it's not even "weak" by any means.. just needs a little more work. Bring it from an 8 to a 10.
I agree on all of this except the top 5 pick thing. Top 15 sure but not top 5. Dillingham is the only top 5 pick we have . I think we have 5-6 1st rounders though and 2-3 2nd rounders AND that is only this years draft lol I am considering Sheppard as a top 5 next season and a few others down the road like Ugo and Theiro .

I don't have much to complain about this season. But, Edwards has zero business starting.
Why even mention this . He plays more in games he plays well and less in those he doesn't . He doesn't ever hurt the team and when he is bad he will score 5-10 and reb 4-8 when he plays well he gets 12-14 and rebs 5-8 . But he ain't going to be benched as that will ruin his confidence . But he isn't taking minutes from people as if someone else is playing better that game Cal rides with them. The Starting thing isn't important REALLY its who gets the minutes and who is in during crunch time. Edwards is only in on D at crunch time . People attack edwards way too much for kid who even when he isn't playing well doesn't hurt us. I mean tonight he made 2-3 threes when he was in .

Reactions: davtay
I agree on all of this except the top 5 pick thing. Top 15 sure but not top 5. Dillingham is the only top 5 pick we have .
Eliminate the foreigners and G League...

If Big Z really is the guy we saw yesterday, (I believe)...

He is #1 draft from College
He has the potential to be the GOAT for UK history.
(And I am an hard core fan of Dan Issel).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT