ADVERTISEMENT

The Athletic's Preview of UK's Season

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
For subscribers (and it's worth it IMO):

Roughly 4,000 words looking at the 'Cayts' strengths, weaknesses, and opponents. I also like he got Stoops to comment on all the position groups to hear his take.

Last edited:
Most of it is behind a paywall, but it's worth the hit to see Stoops' Gator Aid bath in Charlotte, and Marquan McCall's reaction!

Two losses with road trips to Florida, UT, Auburn and UL, plus Missouri?
I could see it in 2021.
I think we beat Auburn on the Plains. Loss to Georgia and then someone else. I think we beat UT this year. Enough guys back remember Lynn getting stuffed. Wont happen again. We won 8 games without Terry. Time to wake up to the reality we are actually a solid and well built program. Our defense is going to be nasty.

Last edited:
I am planning on going to the Auburn game, would love to see us get a win! Road games are more fun even than home games when your team wins!

Reactions: The-Hack
All comes down to the QB position (again). Questions at WR but those guys have not gotten enough opportunities to show what they have, but they need a consistent deep threat. Every other position are solid enough to beat anyone on the schedule including Georgia (at home) but several teams KY has historically had fits trying to beat are on the road. How they handle those games is going to be the story of this season. I want to beat them all, but please please please finally beat UT in Knoxville.

For a special season the Cats gotta find a way to win at least one of UF, UT, Aub on the road. If they go 0-3 in those, they have to find a way to beat UGA at home - again, this to have a really “special” season. Can lose them all and still have a good season, especially with a bowl win to go 9-4.

Well, didn’t UK best auburn down there last time?
Yes, I was there, it was a cold night, but, enjoyed the ride back to Birmingham better than ever before. Tailgaited with my AU buddy's and I have to say everyone of them congratulated me after game via phone.

Reactions: KentuckyTexan
For a special season the Cats gotta find a way to win at least one of UF, UT, Aub on the road. If they go 0-3 in those, they have to find a way to beat UGA at home - again, this to have a really “special” season. Can lose them all and still have a good season, especially with a bowl win to go 9-4.

Agreed. I like our chances to beat Auburn the best out of the three, but all are winnable.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT