ADVERTISEMENT

That was a Calipari special

Wagner is a really bad outside shooter and that forces him to take some crazy shots driving to the rim. Not sure what his shooting percentage is but it has to be below 30%. I am not sure he has more than one three all year.

Starters must include Dilly and Shep with Edwards and Wagner off the bench until they decide that they will play for the team and not for the Draft;

Love Adou and Mitchell and where would we be without Reeves.

Cal loves him some moral victories.

Mitchell missing 4 free throws and UK giving up that end of the first half three was the difference.

Cal can't beat legitimate teams anymore.

Once UK got that 12-14 point lead, you knew it was coming.
I think this team can, they have to much talent now to, but the moral victories are getting old

To be completely fair it was clear the scouting report was to let Harris shoot. As he had shot 5 shots all season and was 1-5 or something. Of course tonight he goes 100% from 3 and a career high…. That’s on Cal for not making the adjustment after the first 3 to go over top. Too focused on sagging the entry pass instead of collapsing after to double or just forcing him to shoot overtop all night and see if his 50 beats you but shut everyone else down
Harris did the same thing to us last year! Look it up.

Mitchell missing 4 free throws and UK giving up that end of the first half three was the difference.

The play at the end of the half lost the game for us. 3 to 5 or six point turn around . Frankly inexcusable. Young team though . Proud of them and should be a fun,fun season .

I've said it a hundred times here...Calipari isn't winning anything ever again at UK. He caught lightning in a bottle with Anthony Davis. Not many of those once in a lifetime freak players around. He couldn't win a Title with the 2015 team that included two future NBA All-Stars and 9 guys that would be drafted.
He doesn't win SEC regular season or tournament titles, hasn't sniffed a FF since '12 and apparently can't beat ranked teams anymore either. 44% against ranked opponents at UK is sickeningly bad.
I honestly don't know how any real UK fan can defend or support such a awful in-game coach and stubborn egomaniac.

So I proved you wrong, and all you have is an insult to hurl? LOL. (All in good faith, man. Love your posts.)
Well, I think your grammar isn’t exactly right (comma) but I realize that it’s probably an A+ lame internet response. I’m just out of better ones so…

Maybe I should go to bed. 😉

• Love
Reactions: ThunderMash
He took Sheppard out when UK was up 60-51. Kansas went on a 14-1 run to make it 62-65. Then UK was up 81-75 and Cal took him out again, and Kansa went on a 10-2 run to make it 83-85. Those two times that Reed was taken out resulted in UK being outscored 24-3 as soon as Sheppard was pulled over two different points in the second half
Well, when Cal said after the Texas A&M Commerce that he had to have Shep on the floor, i knew that turdball would bury Shep on the bench. You can book it that when he praises someone after a game, he'll forget he's even on the roster the next game (Bryce Hopkins, anyone?)

Reactions: ManitouDan

That’s where I am at also. Cal gets a lead, at least in meaningful games, and slows it down hoping to run out the clock. During this slowdown, the errors pile up/ shot clock violation, turnover, Hail Mary/desperation heave to beat the shot clock, back off the other team to keep from fouling, etc. I really believe he gets scared. Not nervous/ which is natural, but legitimately frightened. It rubs off on the players.

The look with him in the huddle talking to guys about not leaving their feet was not a good look for Cal. He seemed clueless as to what to say, couldn't finish a sentence.
I missed that but going to go back and check it out. If the coach is scared, you know the players are terrified. No confidence Cal

Reactions: NociHTTP
Haven't won a champions classic game since 2019

Most fans expected UK to lose last night

say that again, but this time think about it -

and I can assure you , few fans want to hear about how good this team will be in March

that's the crazy part to me - fans are excited to be back to the March crap shoot of Calipari basketball while we lose games in November and December.

Enjoy the process UK fans....enjoy that process

Last edited:
Haven't won a champions classic game since 2019

say that again, but this time think about it -

and I can assure you , few fans want to hear about how good this team will be in March

that's the crazy part to me - fans are excited to be back to the March crap shoot of Calipari basketball while we lose games in November and December.

Enjoy the process UK fans....enjoy that process
Its a terrible thing what John Calamari has done to Kentucky Basketball . The losses ? OK .. But killing the desire, passion , and the expectations of BBN is a crime that cant go unpunished . The John C clark's of the world need to do a pooling of funds and run this snake oil salesman off . I read a bunch of the board before the game WE EXPECTED TO LOSE ... let it sink in .. WE EXPECTED TO LOSE . To me there is no " enjoying the process " I loathe the NBA , I , like most fans , grew up with a passion for UK basketball . Its gone .. I went to bed at halftime last night , with my thought process being " Cal will find a way to blow this " and I'll not be able to get to sleep due to anger of his horrible in game coaching . Very very sad . I've lost my enthusiasm for UK hoops .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT