ADVERTISEMENT

That was a Calipari special

Calipari is the single worst end of a Half coach I've ever seen. Say this because young old, in between, good team/bad team--doesn't matter. He's ALWAYS going to give the opponent a shot at end of Half. There could be 1 second on the clock and somehow the opponent gets a shot attempt.

Up 10, shot clock off.....you either go in up 13/12/10. Nope. Up 7. Game lost right there. So when you surge ahead it never gets to 18/20--stayed in contact and when up 6--your smartest decision makers need to be on court--so things like going under/losing a guy who hasn't missed a 3pt shot all night isn't wide open. Don't care what scouting report says when he's splashing like that in a game. That type of crap loses every big game.
He honestly is, man. It’s hard to fathom how bad Cal is at end of half situations. He will take the air out when he doesn’t need to, yet will give the opposition the last shot of half no matter what. Every damn time.

Up 4 with 4 to go is always a cal loss. Book it!

I really need to do more in-game betting late in UK games. I’m sure I could have gotten plus odds on KU at the under 4 media timeout. As it was I still won a decent sum on the moneyline but with more risk. Would have been happiest to lose my $ though.

Reactions: UKortho
I think he's either corrupt or stupid. He absolutely drives me crazy and I honestly can't wait until he's gone. Up 14 points and he lets it slip away. WTF?
He’s definitely stupid. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s corrupt as well. It’s really crazy to me how much I absolutely can’t stand him, just the sight of him pisses me off, when at one point I basically thought he walked on water and could do no wrong. I guess that’s what a decade of seeing the same underperformance, lying to fans about players and just his overall attitude towards BBN will do to a person.

He’s definitely stupid. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s corrupt as well. It’s really crazy to me how much I absolutely can’t stand him, just the sight of him pisses me off, when at one point I basically thought he walked on water and could do no wrong. I guess that’s what a decade of seeing the same underperformance, lying to fans about players and just his overall attitude towards BBN will do to a person.
We're at the same place. Just looking at the man makes me wanna yank his arm off and beat him with it...

Non-sensical substitution patterns, keeping players who were hurting us in far too long, braindead, panic attack driven offensive execution at the end of the game.

Team has some talent for sure but I’m tired of moral victories
His substitutions are horrible. Why can't the man just put the guys on the floor that should be out there and leave them alone! Plenty of other games to mess with the players, but Kansas is no time to do it.

Non-sensical substitution patterns, keeping players who were hurting us in far too long, braindead, panic attack driven offensive execution at the end of the game.

Team has some talent for sure but I’m tired of moral victories
Cal lost that game with the 5 points Kansas got at the half. He should have used a timeout but he should have used one in 2015 against Wisconsin. And yes he needs to slow the roll on some of our Freshman, especially when they take stupid shots. That game was UK's and we let it get away.

He took Sheppard out when UK was up 60-51. Kansas went on a 14-1 run to make it 62-65. Then UK was up 81-75 and Cal took him out again, and Kansa went on a 10-2 run to make it 83-85. Those two times that Reed was taken out resulted in UK being outscored 24-3 as soon as Sheppard was pulled over two different points in the second half
Up 6 with 3:46 to go. Took Shep out, put Dillingham in. Dillingham poor D gave up 2 straight 3’s. Ball game. He put Shep back in after down 2. I think we win if that substitution didn’t happen

I'm right there with you.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I really need to do more in-game betting late in UK games. I’m sure I could have gotten plus odds on KU at the under 4 media timeout. As it was I still won a decent sum on the moneyline but with more risk. Would have been happiest to lose my $ though.
I did that thinking I would actually help UK. Took Kansas thinking I always lose in sports betting lol. Well, it’s the worst win I have had.

Up 6 with 3:46 to go. Took Shep out, put Dillingham in. Dillingham poor D gave up 2 straight 3’s. Ball game. He put Shep back in after down 2. I think we win if that substitution didn’t happen
My thoughts. We was still in control when he did that. Why would he do that? If he wanted RD in the game put him in for the guy that had stunk it up all night. Almost like he was trying to give it away.

Reactions: ala_kat2
When he took Sheppard out when they were up 81-75, I told my wife that Calipari is stupid and I hope they lose the game. Then he puts him back in to try to come back and save the game. I wished Sheppard would have kicked the ball into the stands. Then they run a stupid play design for Sheppard by getting the ball up high to Tre Mitchell and he hands it off to Sheppard who was basically doubled by Mitchell’s defender because Mitchell was no threat to shoot it.

When he took Sheppard out when they were up 81-75, I told my wife that Calipari is stupid and I hope they lose the game. Then he puts him back in to try to come back and save the game. I wished Sheppard would have kicked the ball into the stands. Then they run a stupid play design for Sheppard by getting the ball up high to Tre Mitchell and he hands it off to Sheppard who was basically doubled by Mitchell’s defender because Mitchell was no threat to shoot it.

And this after just having said last game that Reed has got to be on the floor because the team is the best version of themselves when he is. Talked about his +/- being the best on the team. So let’s take him out in crunch time.

I swear to God… if Cal would have just done THE OBVIOUS during his time at UK, he’d have 3 titles by now. Just the obvious… nothing earth shattering. No astounding display of basketball acumen. Just the freaking obvious.

That’s why I can’t stand the man anymore.

You’re right, but I can guarantee he will ride them till they start showing stardom or we have another 9-16 season, and he’s fine with that. It’s what he does, and when he has bonafide superstars it works. Either way he’s playing them till they blow up or the team does.
Wagner at least showed some effort. Edwards didn't provide much of anything. He even looked afraid to mix it up or get involved with loose balls. Completely lackadaisical

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT