ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Cal. Awesome story about Michael McGuire. Hard working dad just wanting to spend a special game with his son.

Feb 15, 2015
Great gesture by Cal in the middle of all the pressure he's under to notice that picture of the guy direct from the mine sitting next to his son. That is the power of sports. Again, Cal is so busy he could have glanced at the photo and moved on to business at hand, but it struck his humanity and now Michael and his family will get a first class visit to Lexington for a game. Wow. As a father, those are moments you never forget. As a son, those are moments you never forget.

If you have a son it’s even more special. I hate the suffering dads go through especially these days. Under appreciated, in some sense under attack, and the most necessary part of a family who just sacrifices themselves and expects nothing.

Mothers are important I wouldn’t be anywhere without mine, but they get the recognition. Dads are vital in a home with boys and are just an afterthought.

The picture signifies so much.

If you have a son it’s even more special. I hate the suffering dads go through especially these days. Under appreciated, in some sense under attack, and the most necessary part of a family who just sacrifices themselves and expects nothing.

Mothers are important I wouldn’t be anywhere without mine, but they get the recognition. Dads are vital in a home with boys and are just an afterthought.

The picture signifies so much.
But Cal can't coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT