ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Tubby for knowing when to step away

seccats04

All-American
Dec 6, 2004
This whole mess makes me respect Tubby even more as a person than I already did. At least Tubby knew he wasn't getting the job done and decided to step away before UK was forced to do something they didn't want to do. We all know this is not going to end well with Cal. If he could've fixed it, he would have 3 years ago. Either he is incompetent or lazy or both. Either way he's gotta go.

Tubby would've left anyway, I believe. He was feeling the heat and didn't want the embarassment of being fired. Cal doesn't seem to care.

If my employer had to pay me like 3.5 years severance and I was 64 and almost to retirement age I'd gladly not care as well.

Reactions: Fox2monk
In 2019 Cal got the best contract one could ask for and since that point in time look at his record. Absolutely abysmal.
And why should he care, he is guaranteed his millions for 10 years.

Reactions: Fox2monk
This whole mess makes me respect Tubby even more as a person than I already did. At least Tubby knew he wasn't getting the job done and decided to step away before UK was forced to do something they didn't want to do. We all know this is not going to end well with Cal. If he could've fixed it, he would have 3 years ago. Either he is incompetent or lazy or both. Either way he's gotta go.
Tubby had more coaching and class in his little finger than Cal has had in 15 years here. If he recruited even 33% as good as Cal he would have never had to leave.

Reactions: CatPhight
Tubby would've left anyway, I believe. He was feeling the heat and didn't want the embarassment of being fired. Cal doesn't seem to care.
And one thing many fans would like to forget (and very conveniently still do) - Tubby and his family were getting racist harassment and threats. He just didn't want to deal with that or have his family continually exposed to that horrible, small part of our fanbase.

Cal won't ever have to deal with this kind of treatment aside from for sale signs in his yard, minor vandalism or 2 am Friday night lurkers.

Tubby was pushed out the door by the AD. He said as much when he went to Minnesota. Mitch demanded changes and refused to allow him to hire Saul. Tubby went somewhere to give Saul a job, which he did.

Tubby was pushed out the door by the AD. He said as much when he went to Minnesota. Mitch demanded changes and refused to allow him to hire Saul. Tubby went somewhere to give Saul a job, which he did.
This is 100000% correct !! ^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT