ADVERTISEMENT

Texas isn’t the only opportunity for cal to jump at.

Nothing is ever guaranteed. That’s why even though I knew Sharpe was gone I waited until it happened to be outraged. But anybody with even a below average IQ knows Cal isn’t leaving after this season.
I know a couple of people with very high iqs and lots of money, lots of tickets in rupp for major clients who disagree with your assertion. One is a major nil player. There’s gonna be a discussion of whether cal stays or goes after this season. A lot of it will depend on the schools interested in cal.

Do you guys honestly think he’s taking another college bball job?

I think if he’s gone he’s either retiring or moving into something else.

I just don’t see him jumping ship here to coach another bball team
I think it depends on next year. I think he wants to be here. But if we don’t have a big year next season…….well let’s just say “if you think the atmosphere is toxic around here right now”….I don’t think he’ll want to be here in that environment.

Nothing is ever guaranteed. That’s why even though I knew Sharpe was gone I waited until it happened to be outraged. But anybody with even a below average IQ knows Cal isn’t leaving after this season.
Maybe, but we can hope he does.

Too many of you have no idea how a buyout works. Listen to me clearly. It’s not walking away from 40 million if you receive half your buyout and a 5-6 million dollar salary. There is a complete offset there. Cal isn’t going to wait to be fired outright from UK for the money. His legacy would be greatly tarnished. And if he took a job UK would have cause to withhold part of the buyout anyway bc of the offset. So unless cal is going to retire which he’s not. He signed a contract to coach 6 more years so retiring is barely on his radar. If he’s not retiring then take the negotiated buyout now and go out now while you can market yourself with this class. This is a bigger no brainer than benching wheeler. Go to Syracuse cal. Or osu. You’ll probably do ok there. Get to some elite eights they will love you.

You can tell who understands business and who doesn’t. Lol.

Some of them literally think Calipari would be walking away from a 40 million dollar check lol

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Too many of you have no idea how a buyout works. Listen to me clearly. It’s not walking away from 40 million if you receive half your buyout and a 5-6 million dollar salary. There is a complete offset there. Cal isn’t going to wait to be fired outright from UK for the money. His legacy would be greatly tarnished. And if he took a job UK would have cause to withhold part of the buyout anyway bc of the offset. So unless cal is going to retire which he’s not. He signed a contract to coach 6 more years so retiring is barely on his radar. If he’s not retiring then take the negotiated buyout now and go out now while you can market yourself with this class. This is a bigger no brainer than benching wheeler. Go to Syracuse cal. Or osu. You’ll probably do ok there. Get to some elite eights they will love you.
I know exactly how the buyout works. And he’s still not leaving. You’re doing mental gymnastics trying to figure out a scenario where he walks away and it’s simply not happening. Feel free to keep making up scenarios and playing it out in your head though.

I know exactly how the buyout works. And he’s still not leaving. You’re doing mental gymnastics trying to figure out a scenario where he walks away and it’s simply not happening. Feel free to keep making up scenarios and playing it out in your head though.
You're probably right, nobody would want his miserable ass right now anyway. We're stuck with him because Mitch is a little b**** and Cal is a first class pr*** who doesn't care about anything except the money.

Because you want him to be? I don’t see it. Is it possible they can’t work out an exit strategy? Perhaps but it’s in the cards for him to look at other openings. He’s 2 years past his expiration date and this game of year to year isn’t going to continue to be played. I don’t think anyone other than a handful of nostalgic cal fans care about next years class either
I am betting his wife and kids are wanting him to get out of the pressure cooker that he himself developed. I do believe he would love to go out a winner for his legacy sake, he already is floating in money so they could move to Florida and spent the rest of their years relaxing, and might do like Tubby coach at a school that doesn't prioritize basketball or work as a commentator.for his healths sake and the future of our program he should move on.

If Cal ever leaves for another NCAA job, I don't see it at a school like Texas where he would have to come back to Rupp on a regular basis and the crowd boo his ass out of the building.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT