ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M Football Fans

Care more about their program than Kentucky Basketball fans do. At least they revolted together to stop a crap hire.
Another HoPs (Haters of Pope) poster. Okay, who is paying y'all to make these threads?

So, tell us, Señor. How is Coach Pope a crap hire when he has not yet even coached his first game?

I'll hang up and listen.

Yup, and they ended up with a much less successful coach.

Pope could be brilliant here or he could fail, but he deserves our support
Cal was brilliant and then he failed. He had support tel the end and he choose to leave the BBN. I wish him a long life

He wouldn’t be in the top 20. Lots of better options. Doesn’t matter though. That ship has sailed. Program is already tanked and no one cares. Loved him while he was here, but that doesn’t mean he should be coach at UK. He’s not qualified. And it’s not fair to him.

If he gets great assistants and could get great recruits and players from the transfer portal and build a team in the top 5 preseason than sure I might change my mind. Would still have huge hesitations considering he has 0 tournament wins and known for double digit losses.

The bad thing is that we’re going to have a bunch of 1-3 stars that’s not going to move the needle. He’s going to lose the current players. He’s going to lose the current recruits. The reality is we’re going to have a crap team that’s going to get ran out of the gym by Duke. Arkansas will beat the hell out of us with our former team.

Everyone will see and be losing their shit as it happens. I’m losing my shit now because it’s so clear where we’re headed. Indiana fans justified and got excited about all their crap hires. We’re going down the same road and we’re so excited about it we’re supporting it with a pep rally.
What do you consider qualified? Apparently by your standards Hurley wouldn't have been qualified to coach UConn.

I’ve thought a lot about A&M and UT lately. This just showed me how much more serious other SEC schools take their sports than UK. Their fans and boosters wouldn’t have let a move hated this much happen, no way.

It’s also shown me how weak minded a lot of BBN is. This hire was universally hated while it was being reported. Then after it’s done, the UK admin and all the UK media who had been shitting on it hours earlier went on a full psyop blitz to get this hire over with BBN. For the most part it’s seemingly worked on a large part of the fanbase. People have abandoned all rational thought and are now acting excited like this is a great hire. I’ve even seen morons say this is better than getting Hurley.

Meanwhile every single person outside of BBN is laughing their asses off at us and enjoying the fact that they won’t have to worry about UK beating their teams for years now.

My social media timelines are filled with people mocking the hire and I can’t even reply to the posts because there’s nothing I could even logically say to defend the hire. He was picked solely because he played here, period. This move is the equivalent of the UNC hire of Matt Doherty.

I’ve thought a lot about A&M and UT lately. This just showed me how much more serious other SEC schools take their sports than UK. Their fans and boosters wouldn’t have let a move hated this much happen, no way.

It’s also shown me how weak minded a lot of BBN is. This hire was universally hated while it was being reported. Then after it’s done, the UK admin and all the UK media who had been shitting on it hours earlier went on a full psyop blitz to get this hire over with BBN. For the most part it’s seemingly worked on a large part of the fanbase. People have abandoned all rational thought and are now acting excited like this is a great hire. I’ve even seen morons say this is better than getting Hurley.

Meanwhile every single person outside of BBN is laughing their asses off at us and enjoying the fact that they won’t have to worry about UK beating their teams for years now.

My social media timelines are filled with people mocking the hire and I can’t even reply to the posts because there’s nothing I could even logically say to defend the hire. He was picked solely because he played here, period. This move is the equivalent of the UNC hire of Matt Doherty.

Cry more.

We can’t change it. I’m not going to tear down a former Cat because I didn’t get the sexy big name I wanted. Certainly not going to whine about it like a petulant child who didn’t get his way.

If Coach Pope fails, we’ll do this again in a couple years. It’s happened before.

I am going to guess you’re one of the younger fans who only knows UK with Cal.

This is what worries me. Our coach has never won in March.

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Cry more.

We can’t change it. I’m not going to tear down a former Cat because I didn’t get the sexy big name I wanted. Certainly not going to whine about it like a petulant child who didn’t get his way.

If Coach Pope fails, we’ll do this again in a couple years. It’s happened before.

I am going to guess you’re one of the younger fans who only knows UK with Cal.
You’d guess wrong. I’ve been around for the last 5 basketball coaching searches. Just never seen one botched so badly.

I feel bad for Pope. He shouldn’t be in this position but worrying about his feelings is not my concern. We always say the program is bigger than one person and that includes him. Mitch has put him in basically an impossible situation. The one and only way you can make a hire like this is if the program was in great shape with preferably having won a title recently. But Mitch made it with UK coming off its worst four year stretch ever.

Patience was at an alltime low with the program. The hope for a great coach finally got people excited again until the move was made. Now people are in the delusion phase but reality and anger will set in quick this fall when Duke blows us out worse than Zion’s team did. If people keep acting like there’s nothing wrong and this is a great hire then that’s just gonna let Mitch think he can let this play out the entire 5 year contract and then embolden him to go out make another bad hire based on his personal stupid requirements. His track record of picking coaches is HORRIBLE. We better pray he leaves after this year and we get a real AD in here.

Reactions: catman111
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT