ADVERTISEMENT

Tent Frames Tailgating

There should be a way to claim a spot where its recognized by uk but not controlled. Like reserving an event space. I know thats not practically possible but would be best.

Many tailgated in the same spot for years, or decades. That should be worth something to avoid letting that fandom through lean times go to waste. Maybe have it via length of season tickets?

Or at least limit it to season ticket holders.
This will be year 25 for our group. I know there's many that have been at it longer, but We've had a pretty good tradition going for quite some time. We've been moved before for various reasons and will likely be moved again at some point, but We will keep trying until we can't anymore.

I'm not sure what the future will hold regarding all this, but for now, the school seems to accept it. The people I feel for are the ones who have to mow., but as long as that's the system, we will get there as early as we need to. and Like I said, the University tries to put up a notice to deter it, but they don't enforce it because they don't want to get in the habit of confiscating fans belongings. That would not be a good look.

I really think a permit/reservation type system is the only way. That way it lets the school police it without having to come up with an idea. They could handle it just like someone being in your seat at the game.

They should hand them out based on season ticket longevity. I see no other way that doesn't punish us long time fans that came rain or shine win or lose for years. They can add in attendance rate of the tickets or something, since they can now track that, to ensure people aren't just giving away a spot but not showing up.

Thats literally the only way that resembles any sort of fairness imo.

Its a shame selfish people ruined this like they ruin everything else. For decades there was no issue. Thats why i am pretty sure its new comers.

I can see both sides of this issue. It's probably too late to do anything now but I think UK should have some type of control over this if it's on school grounds. It appears many fans have had their spots long before UK was putting a quality product on the field, were loyal fans and had tickets for years if not decades. IMO, those fans should have priority for their long time spots over someone who has climbed on board the last couple of years and decided they wanted a better tailgate spot and showed up with a frame in June. I still think it would be a great way for the NIL group to raise funds, but that doesn't seem to be very well received.

I really think a permit/reservation type system is the only way. That way it lets the school police it without having to come up with an idea. They could handle it just like someone being in your seat at the game.

They should hand them out based on season ticket longevity. I see no other way that doesn't punish us long time fans that came rain or shine win or lose for years. They can add in attendance rate of the tickets or something, since they can now track that, to ensure people aren't just giving away a spot but not showing up.

Its a shame selfish people ruined this like they ruin everything else. For decades there was no issue. Thats why i am pretty sure its new comers.
Like I said, we've been at it for 25 years and have gotten to know several of the parking nazi's as we jokingly refer to them as. Our space and especially the grove got more and more crowded over the years as people discovered it. I remember years ago when it was mostly vacant for tailgating and we had all kinds of room for kids to play football and run around. no room for that anymore. And now that's all gone and people are left scrambling. So A lot of long time people being displaced from their usual spots is what's causing a lot of the angst this year.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

At WKU they mark off spaces in grass with paint and that space is sold for the season. They also have certain spots that aren’t as desirable that are first come, first served that they open up at 8 in the morning on game day. It seems to work well.

Like I said, we've been at it for 25 years and have gotten to know several of the parking nazi's as we jokingly refer to them as. Our space and especially the grove got more and more crowded over the years as people discovered it. I remember years ago when it was mostly vacant for tailgating and we had all kinds of room for kids to play football and run around. no room for that anymore. And now that's all gone and people are left scrambling. So A lot of long time people being displaced from their usual spots is what's causing a lot of the angst this year.

Im sure. No doubt they handled those decisions without concern for athletic impact, which is not ideal.

I know and understand its a university, but they shouldn't just completely ignore the economic impact football fandom has for the school and the city itself.

At WKU they mark off spaces in grass with paint and that space is sold for the season. They also have certain spots that aren’t as desirable that are first come, first served that they open up at 8 in the morning on game day. It seems to work well.

I think that would definitely work i just hate to see the school cater yet again to income. Thats why i recommend the season ticket seniority. I figure that combined with attendance would be a much more fair measure. Probably the only one noone can legitimately complain about.

Short of that, they're going to have a mess on their hands imo. Doing nothing or doing something based on money will have people rightfully furious. Some literally spent 100s of thousands towards tailgating setups, so it isnt something they can just ignore and have go away.

L
I think that would definitely work i just hate to see the school cater yet again to income. Thats why i recommend the season ticket seniority. I figure that combined with attendance would be a much more fair measure. Probably the only one noone can legitimately complain about.

Short of that, they're going to have a mess on their hands imo. Doing nothing or doing something based on money will have people rightfully furious. Some literally spent 100s of thousands towards tailgating setups, so it isnt something they can just ignore and have go away

Short of that, they're going to have a mess on their hands imo. Doing nothing or doing something based on money will have people rightfully furious. Some literally spent 100s of thousands towards tailgating setups, so it isnt something they can just ignore and have go away.
I definitely think longevity should be a part of it as well. I improved my season ticket spot when they redid tickets because I had season tickets for 30 years, no donation spot. Maybe they could do something similar for the spots.

• Love

Paving the orange lot is the culprit of that. Pre 2014 there were unlimited grass spots. Removing nearly all green space leads to everyone moving to what’s left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT