ADVERTISEMENT

Teammates Kevin Knox & RJ Barrett. Which one will have the better NBA career?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Barrett was rated higher as a high school recruit, & was drafted higher by the NBA. Barrett is the better passer. Knox is taller, a better shooter & more athletic. Plus considering the fact that Kentucky players overall do far better as NBA players than Duke players, I believe that Knox will have the better career. I realize that Barrett is a gunner that takes a lot of shots. Despite that. I believe that Knox will end his career with more points, rebounds & All-Star game appearances than Barrett. Do you agree or disagree.

Kevin Knox is a system player. He bought in to Cal and now the Knicks coach so he will never try to do more than he is capable. Barrett looks like he plays with no Conscious. Barrett is a slasher while Knox is a perimeter guy. Barrett is probably more agile but Knox is bigger. Knox may not win every time out but he won’t shoot you out of a game like Barrett does.

Knox will be the better player. He is also stronger with the ball in his hand's.
I don't trust player that Shitesky coached to do well that were only there a year..

GBB

Knox has the higher upside as a shooter. In terms of defense, he's longer than Barrett but Barrett may be more athletic. I'm going to say Knox because there aren't a ton of guys like him. I feel like RJ's floor is much lower. In today's NBA the other stuff doesn't matter if you can't shoot 37-40% from three.

Knox takes better care of the ball...Barrett had 8 turnovers his last game for the Knicks...painful to watch.

They’re both 19 years old. Give them a couple of years to actually mature and develop. Knox needs to stay aggressive and not drift during games. Barrett needs to play under control and stop turning the ball over. It’s way too early to make sweeping conclusions about either of them.

Knox could make a jump. He was one of the worst players in the NBA last year though. Knicks sure know how to pick em.[/QUOTE

Nice work pulling that bag of Di**s away from
Your mouth long enough to type this troll job.
At least all
Your little pukies know that ‘set for life’ means they always have a place on shiteshefski’s bench as an assistant coach when they fail in the league.

I saw your boy Barrett is 7-33 with 13 TO’s.
Not kidding, when I first saw that I thought it was after the first game.

Knox could make a jump. He was one of the worst players in the NBA last year though. Knicks sure know how to pick em.

Nice work pulling that bag of Di**s away from
Your mouth long enough to type this troll job.
At least all
Your little pukies know that ‘set for life’ means they always have a place on shiteshefski’s bench as an assistant coach when they fail in the league.

I saw your boy Barrett is 7-33 with 13 TO’s.
Not kidding, when I first saw that I thought it was after the first game.

He was a top 10 rookie scorer while being one of the youngest players in the league. Additionally, he's out played your Duke phenom this summer.

He was really good last summer league too. But he was not good in the regular season.

In box plus minus he was #183 out of 183 in the NBA.

In TS% he was #197 out of 199 in the NBA.

In Win Shares he was #529 out of 530 in the NBA.

In VORP he was #530 out of 530 in the NBA.

He had a PER he was #178 out of 183 in the NBA.

He and Barrett could very well be one of the worst duos in the NBA this season.

I'm going to say Barrett for now. Knox last season had an overall =/- of -6. That's atrocious. Both are so young right now that it's hard to say for sure because they are just starting to scratch the surface of their abilities. Will be interesting to watch though. Both guys are super talented and could become all-stars in the future.

He was really good last summer league too. But he was not good in the regular season.

I don't care about advanced metrics that 95% of sports people could care less about. He didn't have the greatest season, but he wasn't horrible neither. He plays for a crappy organization anyway.

I don't care about advanced metrics that 95% of sports people could care less about. He didn't have the greatest season, but he wasn't horrible neither. He plays for a crappy organization anyway.

He does play for a crappy organization. And he was horrible last year.

Barrett cost them the game last night! His turnovers were in the fourth quarter! He let a 5’11 undrafted player make him look like a fool! Knox will be better this season!

Reactions: TFCats11
RJ Barrett is one of my most disliked players in a long time. As selfish of player as you will see. He dribbles into trouble constantly while never looking for the open man. Thinks he's James Harden but he's more Dion Waters in terms of how inefficient of a player he is. If Knox can bulk up a smidge and only really needs to for defensive purposes I think he'll make a leap. Knox has the game to score at all 3 levels and as he matures I believe he'll become a damn good player.

The game is more Knox style right now. Got to have a shot to be able to succeed in today's NBA. Barrett will eventually develop a better shot. His mechanics are good but he just does not make it at a consistent rate. Eventually he will shoot better & will be a great player. But only time will tell which will have better success.

They’re both 19 years old. Give them a couple of years to actually mature and develop. Knox needs to stay aggressive and not drift during games. Barrett needs to play under control and stop turning the ball over. It’s way too early to make sweeping conclusions about either of them.
Knox was one of the youngest players in the draft thrown onto a terrible team. That's not a formula for having a sparkling rookie season.:)

This. Since does averaging nearly 13ppg, 4.5rpg and 34% from deep make you one of the worst players in the league? Especially considering he's a rookie and one of the youngest players out there? We're not talking about Anthony Bennett or anything.

when using advanced stats, it's best to know everything before posted.

First of all, there's a lot of NBA players...a lot more than 183/199/183. Meaning, those stats are based off qualifying situation. Most likely players with certain amount of minutes played. So, your stats suggest that he is NOT the worst player in the league. Many don't get clock to be ranked.

Finally, Knox is younger than Zion and Barrett. So him not having amazing stats isn't terrible. He's super young. His per was 8+ as a young rookie. I don't see the issue here at all.

When you have super young player like him...the fact he is able to produce is GOOD enough.

Only concern is if he doesn't improve this year. If he shows progress, then he will be fantastic. (and when you are on a bad team...a lot of those advanced metric will suck by default...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT