ADVERTISEMENT

TBT on tv?

I have always felt like he didn’t really feel appreciated here.

He didn’t exactly have the best UK experience. His season was the miserable one where we flamed out to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT. He took a good deal of heat for his often reckless turnover-prone style of play. And his projected NBA draft stock took a significant drop during his time at UK.

So I doubt he feels quite as “Familia”-ish about UK as some of our other guys.
Yeah. That was kinda my assumption but I do hate that. I always felt like he got a raw deal here from a portion of the fan base.

He followed Wall, Knight, and Teague. Thats 2 stars and a solid pg that ended up leading us to a title. E8, F4, Champ…..I always felt a lot of the heat he got was undue and primarily fan frustration about not being a dominant team after the expectations were set that we’d waltz to E8s minimum.

Archie was the only guy on that team that could create for himself or for others. Therefore he was often asked to do way too much. Jarred Polson, Jon Hood, Julius Mays was his supporting cast of backcourt players for god sake bc Ryan Harrow busted and quit. Wiltjer was a great shooter but was slow as molasses and couldn’t create either….that leaves Goodwin to try to force action every trip down the floor in Cals dribble first “system” that doesn’t effective use off ball movement and screens to move the D via the pass first
https://ukathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/season/2012-13/

Yeah. That was kinda my assumption but I do hate that. I always felt like he got a raw deal here from a portion of the fan base.

He followed Wall, Knight, and Teague. Thats 2 stars and a solid pg that ended up leading us to a title. E8, F4, Champ…..I always felt a lot of the heat he got was undue and primarily fan frustration about not being a dominant team after the expectations were set that we’d waltz to E8s minimum.

Archie was the only guy on that team that could create for himself or for others. Therefore he was often asked to do way too much. Jarred Polson, Jon Hood, Julius Mays was his supporting cast of backcourt players for god sake bc Ryan Harrow busted and quit. Wiltjer was a great shooter but was slow as molasses and couldn’t create either….that leaves Goodwin to try to force action every trip down the floor in Cals dribble first “system” that doesn’t effective use off ball movement and screens to move the D via the pass first
https://ukathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/season/2012-13/
I’m one of the few that liked Archie . He had a weird career in general. He produced in the NBA when he got minutes but he didn’t last long .

I saw on a podcast he said he liked all of his teammates except one player . He didn’t make the player though .

Reactions: EliteBlue
Wish the turnout was a little better for the guys to truly feel how much they were loved here. I know we have better in us especially in the dead season of sports. I have to wonder how much the “la familia” branding and Cal fatigue has to do w the local fanbase not embracing it fully and at minimum filling the lower bowl entirely. No doubt it’s definitely hurt merchandise sales since that phrase is so closely associated w Cal himself. A more KY/UK centric branding would have boosted t-shirt sales no doubt

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Wish the turnout was a little better for the guys to truly feel how much they were loved here. I know we have better in us especially in the dead season of sports. I have to wonder how much the “la familia” branding and Cal fatigue has to do w the local fanbase not embracing it fully and at minimum filling the lower bowl entirely. No doubt it’s definitely hurt merchandise sales since that phrase is so closely associated w Cal himself. A more KY/UK centric branding would have boosted t-shirt sales no doubt
9 pm et on a work night didn't help I'm sure.

This tournament is really fun. I already enjoyed watching it in past years, but the fun is multiplied now that there’s a UK team kicking ass to get behind.

Now bring on that UL team. Can’t wait to roast their asses next.

Have had a lot of fun watching these games so far. And I'll repeat something many of us have been saying since he played here: Tyler Ulis will be a really good head coach some day. Smart basketball mind that commands respect. I'll also predict this isn't the last we'll see of him in Lexington. Wouldn't surprise me if Calipari is retired within the next 3 years and Pope has an open spot on staff. They've become very familiar with each other since Pope took over and Tyler's stayed on campus finishing his degree/coaching TBT.

I’m one of the few that liked Archie . He had a weird career in general. He produced in the NBA when he got minutes but he didn’t last long .

I saw on a podcast he said he liked all of his teammates except one player . He didn’t make the player though .
I really liked Archie. That team was not good but Archie and Nerlens would have gotten them at least to the second round. Once Noel went down Archie had to do everything. He probably tried to do to much but he gave it everything he had.

Have had a lot of fun watching these games so far. And I'll repeat something many of us have been saying since he played here: Tyler Ulis will be a really good head coach some day. Smart basketball mind that commands respect. I'll also predict this isn't the last we'll see of him in Lexington. Wouldn't surprise me if Calipari is retired within the next 3 years and Pope has an open spot on staff. They've become very familiar with each other since Pope took over and Tyler's stayed on campus finishing his degree/coaching TBT.

Pope was praising Tyler heavily when he joined the commentary team during the game. I could totally see it one day.

Reactions: catsfan325
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT