ADVERTISEMENT

TBT La Familia

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
Just announced Andrew Harrison will be joining a stacked roster!

Doron Lamb
Will Cauley-Stein
Kellan Grady
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Marquis Teague
Reid Travis

Looks to me like they’re gonna make a serious run at it. Pretty deep already, but they need to add at least one forward. Who would you like to see. Definitely MKG for me!!

I wonder if MKG still hoops . Seems like he left the league and went ghost .
I love that MKG earned his $60 million right as the league was drifting away from the old form. He got in right at the tail end before the full installment of "no room for perimeter guys who can't shoot."

You take that $40 million post-tax and you invest $30 million, spend $10 million on traveling, housing for your family, and even at a bare minimum 6% interest, you're raking in $1.8 million annually just off the interest (which would come out to about $1.2 million annually post-taxes).

Never have to touch your initial investment.

Doron Lamb
Will Cauley-Stein
Kellan Grady
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Marquis Teague
Reid Travis

Looks to me like they’re gonna make a serious run at it. Pretty deep already, but they need to add at least one forward. Who would you like to see. Definitely MKG for me!!
MKG for sure.

Liggins or Miller if he says no.

Need T. Jones, Derek Willis or maybe D-Cuz. I could have swore Nate Sestina was on the roster ?

It's great what he's doing. I wish more players would leverage their earnings and talent to help people that need it.

My understanding is that he’s gotten both Pennsylvania and New Jersey to increase funding for early childhood intervention and therapy for speech delays and he’s focused now on getting federal funding in place for kids everywhere.

Honestly makes me a little weepy even writing about it and having a child that has benefitted from early intervention. I think he’s one of the GOATs in our program’s history from a human being perspective, to say nothing of how unbelievably impactful he was as a player.

Whoever could make this happen, it'd make a lot of sense to put together a pre-tournament scrimmage against the UK roster. The regional is in Lexington, so doubt there would be much heavy lifting.

Would obviously be good to get team reps against high level competition for both parties but would also be a nice bridge to make sure the Cal guys know they're always welcome

I love that MKG earned his $60 million right as the league was drifting away from the old form. He got in right at the tail end before the full installment of "no room for perimeter guys who can't shoot."

You take that $40 million post-tax and you invest $30 million, spend $10 million on traveling, housing for your family, and even at a bare minimum 6% interest, you're raking in $1.8 million annually just off the interest (which would come out to about $1.2 million annually post-taxes).

Never have to touch your initial investment.
The fact MKG never turned into a semi-decent shooter with his great work ethic will always be one of basketball’s greatest mysteries to me. He wasn’t a great shooter at UK but could make a shot every now and then. I remember Mark Price was working with him at one point which led to some memorable pictures of him appearing to shoot with a dislocated forearm. I think it became a mental thing after that and he never recovered.

Whoever could make this happen, it'd make a lot of sense to put together a pre-tournament scrimmage against the UK roster. The regional is in Lexington, so doubt there would be much heavy lifting.

Would obviously be good to get team reps against high level competition for both parties but would also be a nice bridge to make sure the Cal guys know they're always welcome
This would actually be really cool from a fan perspective, player perspective, and PR perspective. The expectation is the TBT ex-pros smack our guys but it would be great prep for both

The only way it goes sour is if Val tried to use it as a “look, my guys are better than Kentucky”. But only a moron wouldn’t be able to understand those are still Kentucky guys and that it’s also expected for pros to beat colllege kids

Reactions: Girthang
I'm not sure they want to split the money 9 ways. Right now, you've got a solid 8 man rotation. Put Andrew Harrison at the 3 (which is the position he should have played at Kentucky).

G - Bledsoe
G - Grady
G - Harrison
F - WCS
C - Travis

Or, if Willie still can't hit jumpers, put Andrew at the 4, go super small, and put Lamb at the other wing spot.

Reactions: UK90
This would actually be really cool from a fan perspective, player perspective, and PR perspective.

It would be a huge draw if they charged an NIL-funding, practice pass and had them at Rupp. Perfect summer fun for families

Reactions: EliteBlue
The fact MKG never turned into a semi-decent shooter with his great work ethic will always be one of basketball’s greatest mysteries to me. He wasn’t a great shooter at UK but could make a shot every now and then. I remember Mark Price was working with him at one point which led to some memorable pictures of him appearing to shoot with a dislocated forearm. I think it became a mental thing after that and he never recovered.
Yeah, he was never a good shooter here and he definitely didn't have 3 pt range, but his shot got WORSE when NBA coaching tried to change it

Reactions: Titpwhami2014

Doron Lamb
Will Cauley-Stein
Kellan Grady
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Marquis Teague
Reid Travis

I’m surprised to see Daniel Orton given how bad his knees were. Figured his playing days would’ve been loong behind him by now.

But, otherwise that looks like a fantastic roster. Can’t wait to watch em play. I already really liked watching the TBT, but it’ll be even more fun this year with a UK team in the mix.

Reactions: UKgal82 and BigKari
I'm not sure they want to split the money 9 ways. Right now, you've got a solid 8 man rotation. Put Andrew Harrison at the 3 (which is the position he should have played at Kentucky).

G - Bledsoe
G - Grady
G - Harrison
F - WCS
C - Travis

Or, if Willie still can't hit jumpers, put Andrew at the 4, go super small, and put Lamb at the other wing spot.
So you do not have lamb starting ? Best shooter (was) on the roster and his comes off the bench behind Harrison and Grady ? Harrison would get abused at the 3.

It looked like he tried to change his shot once he got into the NBA and his form looked even worse .

I was really pulling for MKG because I can tell he was a great guy . I do think he had some confidence issues on and off the court . He didn’t like to speak to the media because of his speech impediment.

On the Court I remember a story about him texting Cal saying I wish I had stayed in school . Seems like he lost some confidence .

So you do not have lamb starting ? Best shooter (was) on the roster and his comes off the bench behind Harrison and Grady ?
You're overlooking the fact that these ain't the same guys today that they were at UK. Starting spots should be based on who they are in 2024 ...not who they were over a decade ago

Lamb is significantly older and further past his prime than both Harrison and Grady. And in recent years he's also been playing against worse competition in lower level leagues (he was in the friggin Tunisia league last I heard) than the other two. So I don't think it unreasonable for one to think Harrison/Grady would likely be better suited to start today.

I remember hearing that MKG sued an insurance company for $40m for failure to pay for his medical retirement.

He also did this.

One thing about Cals teams, a lot of his guys liked to do good.
For all the talk of guys playing for the name on the front of the jersey, Cal's guys have been pretty loyal to UK after leaving. This is especially true considering a lot of them were only at UK for one season.

MKG probably had what's called the ''yips''.

Doron Lamb
Will Cauley-Stein
Kellan Grady
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Marquis Teague
Reid Travis

Solid squad especially if Lamb and Teague have kept in shape playing.

Need T. Jones, Derek Willis or maybe D-Cuz.
Tjones is a prick he wouldnt play bc of pride. He got kicked out of the league for stomping on a homeless guy.

Wall mkg cuz wont play bc theyre paid and dont want to take money out of guys pockets and honestly this tourney is way beneath them.

I think cousins coached a team one year

Tjones is a prick he wouldnt play bc of pride. He got kicked out of the league for stomping on a homeless guy.

Wall mkg cuz wont play bc theyre paid and dont want to take money out of guys pockets and honestly this tourney is way beneath them.

I think cousins coached a team one year
T-Jones did NOT get kicked out of the league for kicking a homeless man. WTF did you get this "info" ? He supposedly did it while in COLLEGE. But you take it and fit your agenda how ever you chose I guess. Bledsoe is "paid" also, he is playing. He played longer in the league than MKG.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
T-Jones did NOT get kicked out of the league for kicking a homeless man. WTF did you get this "info" ? He supposedly did it while in COLLEGE. But you take it and fit your agenda how ever you chose I guess. Bledsoe is "paid" also, he is playing. He played longer in the league than MKG.
No he didnt, lmao

A police sergeant making sure people remained orderly while they left a downtown club shortly after 2 a.m. saw the 6-foot-9 Jones walk by a doorway where two homeless men were sleeping and yell "Wake Up!" before lifting his foot and stomping on one man's leg, said Sgt. Pete Simpson, a Portland police spokesman.

Jul 31, 2013

Excellent idea!!!!!💙💙💙

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT