ADVERTISEMENT

Take Care BBN and my friends.

KYFOSSIL

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
I haven’t been banned but because an outburst I had recently I should be. I let my God and my wife down with the anger I have felt and the words I’ve said. Just want to say good bye to my friends and even some adversaries who I may not have agreed with but appreciate their fandom. Jeff and the moderators... I appreciate this site and the work you do. There’s a lot of passion being a member of BBN. There are some people that are allowed to constantly prey on that passion. I wish you could put a stop to the obvious ones.

some people will say it’s just a forum but that’s like saying it’s just a game.

take care and que the Curly Bill Gif

GBB

Candle lit

This-Smells-Like-My-Vagina-candle-Goop.png

I haven’t been banned but because an outburst I had recently I should be. I let my God and my wife down with the anger I have felt and the words I’ve said. Just want to say good bye to my friends and even some adversaries who I may not have agreed with but appreciate their fandom. Jeff and the moderators... I appreciate this site and the work you do. There’s a lot of passion being a member of BBN. There are some people that are allowed to constantly prey on that passion. I wish you could put a stop to the obvious ones.

GBB

IMHO, Rob Jones, New Era Cat, Kyfakefaninunc, etc. aren't worth leaving for let alone even taking seriously as they are simply vomitting their personal problems, old age, etc. up on this board daily or aren't even UK fans, (New Era Cat) but I hear ya. Just put any tools you encounter on ignore. That way, they essentially are dead/passed away. If you do leave, you will be leaving a cess pool of negativity where people blame Cal for being short, fat, old, etc. LOL, all the best sir.

Some people on here are just so miserable that the only glimpse of joy they get is by putting people down and trying to push their buttons. I'm dealing with one right now. It gets old, but you shouldn't let them win by leaving. I never have used the ignore button, but I have to because some people just aren't worth it. I hope you reconsider down the road. Some people just suck and are tough guys behind a keyboard. A lot of the crap said on here wouldn't be said by guys sitting around together drinking some beers. At least not without getting slapped like a little B.

When I first joined I thought it was going to be like us (UK fans) against the world. Boy was I naive. I get being pissed and I was last night, but the NIT crap and all the whining gets old.

Last edited:
Take a bit of time away to chill and forget about things. Don't let the negativity drive you away. I know when we lose a game, I don't come on here for 12-24 hours. I just can't bear to look at all of the negativity.

If you choose to leave then do what's best for you. Take Care

GBB
We haven’t always agreed, but I hope you’ll change your mind.

GBB

GBB
I've done the same. No need to leave. Apologize to everyone involved if you feel you need to, learn from the mistake and continue. It sounds like being a positive influence on the board is very important to you. We all make mistakes and we all make some whoppers sometimes but you cant be that positive influence if you just walk away. Jmo

I dont recall any harsh threads with fossil in the fray .. but do what ya need to do . I hoe you stick around

Reactions: KFuqua

GBB

I let my God down all too often well . I would say with pure honesty this board and trying to watch " my Team" play a meaningless game brings out the worst in me .. I dropped a F bomb when that stupid shot banked in last night .. in front of my wife as well , and I know she hates that word .

I've never gotten the point of these melodramatic goodbye threads. There's no rule requiring you to declare your departure. If you don't wanna post anymore, then just stop posting. That simple. Then you don't look silly if you later change your mind and come back (as most do).

Just seems like an attention-seeking gesture to me.

Last edited:

some pple will say it’s just a forum but that’s like saying it’s just a game.

GBB
Interesting. I've decided to surface for air for this one. Been in the deep water for a while on this board. I have encountered certain posters that always have something less-than-enlightening to say. They're nothing but ham 'n' eggers. They just make noise to hear themselves, all the while knowing they're only becoming the focus of stupidity on the board. In fact, they're the very ones reading my post right now, waiting to say something that only proves my point.

It's so much more peaceful to become less of a participant, and just sit back and watch them from afar, only because it grows more obvious that they aren't just waiting for you or me . . . they even do it in your absence, to others.

Don't give them the satisfaction by unplugging completely. Just become untouchable. I've enjoyed the board slightly more than when I was a participant. It's got its share of degenerates. This board has grown it's share of weeds.

In fact, I have two accounts, one for this board that won't work on another so sometimes I just check in here under the other because logging out and back in isn't worth the hassle. My point to this is that there are people on this very board that I get along with under this account, but when I just pop by under my other account I end up getting trolled by the same people I get along with. They just don't know I'm the same person. Shows how inconsistent some people can be with others.

Anyway . . . f 'em and feed 'em fish sticks. Back to the peaceful deep.

CleverQuerulousApe-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
but it’s kentucky fan and board related. the poster was here a long time. other posters like myself recognize the handle and appreciate hearing what was said. gtfo
Sounds like you need to go with him. I just want to read UK Basketball topics, not melodramatic threads every time someone has a meltdown and retreats to the victim role. Would have been a reasonable post until your last snide remark which makes you no better than the rest of them way up on your high horse.

GBB
Come on man. We all lose it from time to time. Take a few days off and come back.

Reactions: TFCats11
In all seriousness:

I take a pretty good beating around here but it’s all gravy. Not a big deal but yeah if yer not enjoying the board take a little break but come on back when yer ready.

BBN is a family & family’s arent perfect.

Dont let a few posters ruin yer time here (even if im one of those posters)

GBB
BBN4Life

I let my God down all too often well . I would say with pure honesty this board and trying to watch " my Team" play a meaningless game brings out the worst in me .. I dropped a F bomb when that stupid shot banked in last night .. in front of my wife as well , and I know she hates that word .
I hear you; I dropped a couple of F bombs on that play myself; not so much for it going in, more for the guy driving to that spot without anyone trying to stop him.

GBB
Alright, alright, alriiiight. Thanks for the call out Fossile. I feel honored to get a mention in your fare well post.

Later ole friend.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

GBB

That incident is in the past now and removed. Take a few days off and get back in the game.

Never quite gotten the point of these melo-dramatic goodbye threads. There's no rule requiring you to declare your departure. If you don't wanna post anymore, then just stop posting. That simple. Then you don't look silly if you later change your mind and come back (as most do).

Just seems like an attention-seeking gesture to me.

It’s not that serious man.
Exactly

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
yeah, Back when we lost to Utah and Ohio State... I was gone for the most part until after we played U6. Being busy with the holidays helped play a role in that as well.

It was a damn circus after the Evansville game. I might have been off for 72 hours on that one...maybe even longer.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
People take this crap way too seriously. For some, somehow it is literally life or death. Not healthy.

I love the Cats, I'm a Kentucky Alumnus....all that said, it is a game. We have a coach that cares about the state, is a great program ambassador and wins at a high level....that is important.

Any time I think I am going overboard I can just read this board and feel better about myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT