ADVERTISEMENT

Taco vs zion

30-7 is John Calipari's NCAA Tournament record at Kentucky - and still playing this year obviously.

That'd be an impressive record for any full season, which would include several tune-up cupcake games and some lay-ups against conference bottom dwellers. Under the pressure and competition of the NCAA Tourney it's a remarkable performance.

And it's a good reason for us not to wave the white flag yet - even as we sweat out the PJ Washington news.

He is one of the most successful coaches in NCAA tournament history. I can't even count how many big games UK has won in the tournament, including against higher seeds, and he almost never loses to lower seeded teams. The only thing lacking, obviously, is an extra title or two. If 2015 happens, especially undefeated, then everything is different. That is just life. He is to blame in part (and he should be praised for the nearly unparalleled success in other respects), but there is a ton of luck and randomness in the tournament as in life.

Duke is going to have to hit some 3s today. Could be interesting for the whole game, but I think it will only last a half. Duke by 12-15.

Someone create a poll.. will Zion hammer on taco, yes , no? I vote Yes. Taco probably shouldn't have said that. He is tall and skilled for a man that tall....but bro... Zion is now going to put your big ass on a massive poster. He will be eating those words. As much as I hope I'm wrong.

Media/refs won't allow a clean block on Zion. Can you imagine a switch to Zion cam and he gets his shot swatted into the stands?

No more than the third TV timeout for his second and he will foul out with 10 minutes left in the second half. IF UCF is up late, whenever it’s necessary but it will come on a play where he slides over on a defender for a solid charge and they will call a block. You know the ones we always get called for a charge on ala Keldon about ten times already.

I was just looking at CF's roster and dang they got some big dudes. Fall of course at 7'6 then 3 more guys at 6'11, a 6'9, a 6'8. Then the rest are from 6'2-6'7 for a total of 19 on their roster. Lol

He is tall, though zion has got the quickness to make a mess in the paint.

I doubt ucf can contain him. We will see though.

Or if he tries to take a charge. That's a foul on Zion.

But refs do swallow their whistles with protecting zion.

It’s amazing how physical he is allowed to play with rarely a call. He is generally whistled once per half but never more (of late anyway) and sometimes not whistled at all. You will never see him get whisteled for any of the Ticky Tack fouls that all of our players are used to getting whistled for.

It’s amazing how physical he is allowed to play with rarely a call. He is generally whistled once per half but never more (of late anyway) and sometimes not whistled at all. You will never see him get whisteled for any of the Ticky Tack fouls that all of our players are used to getting whistled for.

That's because the NCAA has ordered a "stand down" to all refs for Duke games.

The NCAA has a lot of money invested into Duke and Zion.

This is a true fact. Win Friday and it’s 7 out 10 in the Elite Eight. A little perpesctive, Tennessee went to the Elite Eight in 2010 and it’s the best season they’ve ever had.
Yes. And some more perspective: Kentucky has a shot at advancing to at least the Elite Eight seven times in ten years. Indiana has gone that far ONE time in TWENTY SIX years--and counting.

A breakdown of those wins by seed beaten:

16- 3
15- 2
14- 0
13- 3
12- 2
11- 0
10- 1
9- 2
8- 2
7- 1
6- 0