ADVERTISEMENT

Surely the boosters can derail this, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Not being a contrarian. I wouldn't waste my time just to do that. You said UK athletics was a cluster yet you only pointed to him needing to hire coaches for basketball as your rationale for it being a cluster. Yet, there are many sports highly ranked and doing well. He's done a poor job at managing basketball but athletics as a whole has never been better. Whats your proof its a cluster? I don't think you know what that means. You're just butthurt that Cal is gone. Fire Barney, I don't give a shit. Like I said, I wanted him gone years ago because he's managed basketball so poorly. But that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve credit for what he's done with UK athletics as a whole and it's far from a cluster. Now, if you meant just basketball is a cluster, I would agree with you and suggest you should work on your communication skills.
Well, you don't know me very well if you think I am ass hurt that John Vincent Calipari is no longer the coach of Kentucky. You contradict yourself in your very own post saying you want to fire him because 'he's managed basketball so poorly' and yet give every excuse in the world as to why he should be the AD. I think I acknowledged the success of other sports when I made my dig about the rifle team and cheerleaders in a condescending way that you obviously missed. Maybe a bit hyperbole on my part to say the whole department but I really can't believe you are going to accuse me of being 'irrational' for wanting to fire Mitch...Then you go on a tangent about how basketball is just one sport but that is the one sport you want to fire him over. This is gold!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RondosRevengeTour
Well, you don't know me very well if you think I am ass hurt that John Vincent Calipari is no longer the coach of Kentucky. You contradict yourself in your very own post saying you want to fire him because 'he's managed basketball so poorly' and yet give every excuse in the world as to why he should be the AD. I really can't believe you are going to accuse me of being 'irrational' for wanting to fire Mitch, go on a tangent about how basketball is just one sport but that is the one sport you want to fire him over. This is gold!!
I guess Elon got the starlink to the mountains out east.

The Crafts are hyper religious. Pope is about as Lily white and clean a Christian guy as there is. I guarantee they are 💯 behind this hire.

• Wow
Reactions: sambowieshin
How so? UK athletics has never been better. 20 years ago I would agree with you but now? Basketball will recover. It always has.
That’s the Mitch mentality that has led to a decline. Truth is “UK Athletics” being good doesn’t matter beyond Football, Basketball and then baseball is icing on the cake but not necessary. We focus too much on all the secondary sports here and we aren’t a big enough donor base and athletic dept to not purely feed the 2 big dogs and let the rest get the gov mandated scraps.

Mitch wanted the Directors Cup title and he would think that’s just as big of a deal as a national title in any major sport. Mitch did a better coaching search for womens basketball….think about that

That’s the Mitch mentality that has led to a decline. Truth is “UK Athletics” being good doesn’t matter beyond Football, Basketball and then baseball is icing on the cake but not necessary. We focus too much on all the secondary sports here and we aren’t a big enough donor base and athletic dept to not purely feed the 2 big dogs and let the rest get the gov mandated scraps.

Mitch wanted the Directors Cup title and he would think that’s just as big of a deal as a national title in any major sport. Mitch did a better coaching search for womens basketball….think about that
Women are easier for him to communicate with. Why do you think pastor Scott was his #1 guy.

The Crafts are hyper religious. Pope is about as Lily white and clean a Christian guy as there is. I guarantee they are 💯 behind this hire.
I have zero problems with people having strong religious beliefs until those beliefs bleed over and cloud objective decision making that impacts others not in that same camp of thinking. Just like Mitch's refusal to allow alcohol sales for so long.
This ain't a damn church basketball league.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Fact. Cal wouldnt kiss the ring of kelly craft and the whole relationship between the craft’s and cal went downhill.
Fact.... Cal became fat and happy with his huge contract and stopped doing anything at Kentucky. He became the worst coach in college basketball and should have been fired. Thankfully he quit and now we can start getting back to being Kentucky in stead of a NBA, G-league training ground.

Matt Jones is saying there has already been a 4 million dollar NIL pledge. So, someone is apparently on board with it.

Reactions: ORCAT and Jazzycat
We REALLY don't need to derail it.

The narrative that no one wants to coach here because the fans are crazy is overstated. But if we run off one of our own before he even starts--that's a BAD look.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Do you really think mitch would not put out a feeler for these guys you mention? Of course he did and got the same feedback but he saves a little face by not publicly going after them. He would not go from drew and hurley straight to pope without asking about these other guys.

The sad fact remains, the fans got what they wanted. Cal is gone. Now the ones who still knew what we had in Cal have to sleep in the bed the terrible fans made
Stupid stupid post. Cal was a POS and everyone on here but one guy wanted him gone. You know nothing about basketball or UK history if you believe the crap you posted in the last paragraph. What the hell is wrong with some of you? It isn’t like we hired Satan. Get a grip.

Reactions: KFuqua and Lazlo7
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT