ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid plus streaming!

I’m in my 70’s. I understand it just fine. My provider is YouTube TV. I’ve set it up on ESPN app but it still wants me to pay. I don’t want to pay additional. Some people don’t know how to engage in a non-condescending languag.
There are typically 2 choices for these online streaming only UK games within the ESPN app. One is ESPN+ (which you have to pay extra for, so don't click on that if you aren't subscribed to ESPN+) and the other is SECN+ (which is free if you login with your YouTube TV credentials and the one you want to click on). Good luck!

If you have any television provider that has SEC Network, you should be able to watch the game. For example, I have YouTube TV. To watch tonight's game, I'll do the following:
1. Click on the ESPN app on my smart TV.
2. Scroll down until I see the category channels.
3. Scroll over to SEC+ (NOT ESPN+).
4. Click it.
5. Then click on the game.
6. If you're given a code, you'll need to enter it via espn.com/activate and login to your TV provider (Dish, YouTube TV, Spectrum, Direct TV, etc.).
7. After that, you should be good to go.
Should be but i haven’t been able to make it work for me. i’ve tried all that and i always get a prompt telling me i have to pay additional suscription fee. i debated this last year with another poster who claimed like you that it’s so simple even a caveman can do it. i’ve had youtubetv, which includes espn and sec channels, for five years and have never been able to access it.

I guess Wake Forest at Georgia will draw bigger numbers on the SECN than TAMUC at UK.
Neither game will draw much on a Friday night going up against Dook v Arizona, as far as anyone wanting to watch college basketball goes. It's a Friday night. People go out. We're going to a high school playoff game tonight, so I'll go back and watch it later.

Should be but i haven’t been able to make it work for me. i’ve tried all that and i always get a prompt telling me i have to pay additional suscription fee. i debated this last year with another poster who claimed like you that it’s so simple even a caveman can do it. i’ve had youtubetv, which includes espn and sec channels, for five years and have never been able to access it.
It really is simple man. After you add your TV provider to your ESPN account, click Watch on the ESPN app/web site, and choose the broadcast tile that says SECN+. I have YTTV personally, and haven't missed a game.

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
I don’t normally have a huge issue with the streaming, but I do have a situation this evening that I’m not sure how this will affect.

Have plans for early this evening but will probably get home around halftime. Normally I would just have it DVR and start from the beginning. Can I start from beginning on the steaming app ESPN +? Or do I have to wait until the game ends to start from the beginning?

I don’t normally have a huge issue with the streaming, but I do have a situation this evening that I’m not sure how this will affect.

Have plans for early this evening but will probably get home around halftime. Normally I would just have it DVR and start from the beginning. Can I start from beginning on the steaming app ESPN +? Or do I have to wait until the game ends to start from the beginning?
you can start from the beginning at any point.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I’m in my 70’s. I understand it just fine. My provider is YouTube TV. I’ve set it up on ESPN app but it still wants me to pay. I don’t want to pay additional. Some people don’t know how to engage in a non-condescending language.

Yeah so since you don't have a cable provider, you'd 100% need to pay for the ESPN app. You could pay the 10 bucks for the month and cancel it right after the game if you want to watch it realtime.

Reactions: blubo

So I missed the first half last week and watched it the next day as the game was still avaiable on the ESPN app. So at worst case you can watch the 1st half tomorrow or even avoid the score and watch it all tomorrow. Sometimes they have two options to click on and one is for realtime and one is to watch from the start, so that might be an option as well when you get home tonight.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I'm flying and trying to log into game using my TV provider. It gives me prompts to verify it's really me and then says prompt has expired when I quickly put it in. Has done this repeatedly. I really hate ESPN. I'll try to see if anyone is streaming game on YouTube now and hope I can get to watch it.

Reactions: treyforuk
I don't get SEC+/ESPN+ through my cable provider but the YouTube app has been pretty consistent. Just search for "Kentucky (Name of opponent)" and there should be a number of streams up

Reactions: treyforuk
I’m in my 70’s. I understand it just fine. My provider is YouTube TV. I’ve set it up on ESPN app but it still wants me to pay. I don’t want to pay additional. Some people don’t know how to engage in a non-condescending language.
Just go to youtube and search uk vs atmc(or whatever). It should give you options. It worked for me the last streaming game. Good luck.

I just can't believe we go through this every time.

I think the issue folks are having is there are two links to click on, one for ESPN+ and one for SECN+. If you have a cable provider you want the SECN+ link. You DO NOT need to pay for anything. It's included with your package.

If you don't have a cable provider then you have to sign up for ESPN+. $10/month. I personally only sign up for it during college baseball season. Don't get a ton of use out of it otherwise I found after years of just paying for it out of habit.

Right on. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to check it out.
trust me...it's awesome....movie channels also and UFC events. i'll post the channels:
(also you can pay with bitcoin, ethereum, USDC and many other crytpo currencies.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
It should just ask for you YouTubeTV login. You shouldn’t be asked to pay.

Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
trust me...it's awesome....movie channels also and UFC events. i'll post the channels:
(also you can pay with bitcoin, ethereum, USDC and many other crytpo currencies.)

Wow, thanks. Have to get this done this week.

Reactions: JoeBidenSucks
As one the older fans, I can't complain. When I first starting following UK basketball in the mid 1960's, only about 3 games were televised live during the regular season. Mostly, we listened to Cawood Ledwood's play by play radio broadcast, and his vivid descriptions created wonderful images in our minds of what was going on. It was doing this time, that the TV delayed games were broadcast at 10:30 pm CST by WPSD of Paducah. Younger fans have no idea of what we old timers suffered thru in the old days. Imagine, watching a 19" black and white tv (no cable or dish back then, and only wealthly people had color tv, with only a handful of shows broadcast in color ) with a snowy over the air broadcast, tape delayed such as the game ending after midnight. I had to catch the school bus at 7:00 am, so I got only about 5 hours sleep after many weekday games. You youngsters just don't know how your elders suffered in their UK fan pioneerdom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT