ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid plus streaming!

SmyrnaCatFan

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2012
Traveling and all I’ve got is a my IPad and no plus account and it’s game day. Woe is me. Please link a stream if you can find one. Thanks in advance.

My understanding (I could be wrong), is that you don't need an ESPN+ account to access SECN+. As long as your cable provider has SEC Network as part of your package, then when you log into WatchESPN on your iPad, you should be able to watch SEC Network+ games.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but that is my understanding- no ESPN+ subscription required.

Yeah, it depends on how you get SEC Network. If you pay an actual cable network, I think you still have access. Your cable should give you that SEC NET+ as an extra channel in your lineup. For me, I pay YouTube streaming. I also get a subscription to SEC Network through an ESPN/SEC app. Someone who gets the channel through a cable channel would have to confirm that.

Yeah, it depends on how you get SEC Network. If you pay an actual cable network, I think you still have access. Your cable should give you that SEC NET+ as an extra channel in your lineup. For me, I pay YouTube streaming. I also get a subscription to SEC Network through an ESPN/SEC app. Someone who gets the channel through a cable channel would have to confirm that.
Yeah, if you get the SEC Network thru cable you can easily watch the game on your phone or tablet thru the ESPN app.

Reactions: Johnfarrel
It's really quite simple. If you have regular cable TV with access to espn, secn, and so on, all you have to do is open the espn app on your TV or device, find the game, it will ask you to login with your TV provider. Enter your login, and you're done. Still having trouble? Ask anyone born after 1990 for help.

two words. illegal streaming. Check youtube.
People always say something like this, but it's just not necessary. If you have normal cable TV, you ALSO have the ability to stream the games too. It's just as simple as logging in with your TV provider. I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to grasp.

People always say something like this, but it's just not necessary. If you have normal cable TV, you ALSO have the ability to stream the games too. It's just as simple as logging in with your TV provider. I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to grasp.
Why do you think I care? Easier for me to just pull up a stream in a 5 second google search than download some app on my TV, log in to an account blah blah.

Why do you think I care? Easier for me to just pull up a stream in a 5 second google search than download some app on my TV, log in to an account blah blah.
You literally do it once, and you're setup for any future game you want to watch. If you're a sports fan and you're hung up about downloading the espn app, well you do you I guess. 3rd party sketchy streaming is sooo much less complicated I guess. Lmao

You literally do it once, and you're setup for any future game you want to watch. If you're a sports fan and you're hung up about downloading the espn app, well you do you I guess. 3rd party sketchy streaming is sooo much less complicated I guess. Lmao
Nothing is sketchy if you're not over the age of 35. You just go to the website and click the stream. A basic adblocker to block any popups is more than enough protection.

People still pay cable? I just do a YouTube search for the game. Someone is streaming.

My parents do. I use their log in info to watch espn on my roku lol. Waiting for the mouse and his cronies to Crack down on the password sharing on that.

I have dish, (if you have likewise cable provider, it works) on my computer I go to ESPN WATCH.com and look at SCHEDULE/REPLAYS and pull down and it usually lets my choose either the ESPNplus or the SECplus stream, go for the SECplus. It might say you have to verify your Cable provider with a user and password. (need that with your provider before all this)

Reactions: bgood4UK
Just want to add that I think YoutubeTV works same as cable. Plus you can stream direct from that. And……carry a ROKU stick when traveling. Never leave home without it. Except perhaps your local channels, you have your home programming on the road. Now if I could just figure out how to shrink my lazy boy.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
Not to mention an easy means to hack a device.

I have dish, (if you have likewise cable provider, it works) on my computer I go to ESPN WATCH.com and look at SCHEDULE/REPLAYS and pull down and it usually lets my choose either the ESPNplus or the SECplus stream, go for the SECplus. It might say you have to verify your Cable provider with a user and password. (need that with your provider before all this)
This is the way. If you have a smart TV, and you probably do even if you don't realize it, you can get the espn app on there and do this same process and watch every single game on the TV.

I tried logging in to my Xfinity account on my "smart" projector to watch a game last year and either it (or I) were not so smart. Couldn't get this to work. Will give it another go again this year!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I stream, but I do have to re-login (is that a word?- LOL) every few weeks, it seems. I guess if you don’t watch it every day they make you verify. It’s a hassle sometimes.

And the ESPN app is terrible about not making the stream available until the game starts. I searched for Monday’s game five minutes before tip and could not find it. It wasn’t until the game started and had been on a minute or so before it gave me access. Anyone else have that problem?

Reactions: KFuqua
I usually call my elderly parents early in the day to make sure they can get espn+. Otherwise I get a call at gametime and wind up missing most of the first half. They don't stream any other content so it's a learning experience every time.

I seems to me that ESPN, by peppering in these + games is attempting to get everyone onboard with the streaming model.

I stream, but I do have to re-login (is that a word?- LOL) every few weeks, it seems. I guess if you don’t watch it every day they make you verify. It’s a hassle sometimes.

And the ESPN app is terrible about not making the stream available until the game starts. I searched for Monday’s game five minutes before tip and could not find it. It wasn’t until the game started and had been on a minute or so before it gave me access. Anyone else have that problem?
Agree about making the game available. If you tune in early, you get the "your event has not started" screen. Problem is that when your event actually starts, the screen won't change. You just have to keep trying. It's nearly impossible to catch the opening.

Reactions: AirJordan
If you have any television provider that has SEC Network, you should be able to watch the game. For example, I have YouTube TV. To watch tonight's game, I'll do the following:
1. Click on the ESPN app on my smart TV.
2. Scroll down until I see the category channels.
3. Scroll over to SEC+ (NOT ESPN+).
4. Click it.
5. Then click on the game.
6. If you're given a code, you'll need to enter it via espn.com/activate and login to your TV provider (Dish, YouTube TV, Spectrum, Direct TV, etc.).
7. After that, you should be good to go.

It's really quite simple. If you have regular cable TV with access to espn, secn, and so on, all you have to do is open the espn app on your TV or device, find the game, it will ask you to login with your TV provider. Enter your login, and you're done. Still having trouble? Ask anyone born after 1990 for help.
Born in 1981 and this is ridiculously simple to do. 🤣

Sad that big time Ky BB you have to have a + to watch UK. it should be on regular TV.
Except that aTm-Commerce at UK isn't a big time game, which is why it's on +. Dook v Arizona is a big time game, which is why it's televised on ESPN2 at the same time. The NBA is big time, which why it's on ESPN. Even Wake v UGA is a more interesting game, which is why it's on the SECN at 7:00.

Traveling and all I’ve got is a my IPad and no plus account and it’s game day. Woe is me. Please link a stream if you can find one. Thanks in advance.
Just pay the $10.99 for plus and cancel next month. Only a couple more games left that are streaming only.

It is because most of us older folks (i'm78 ) was not raised up with all this technology and it is harder to remember all the passwords you have to have.
very simple. use a password manager like lastpass or something....one password to remember and you then store all of your sites/passwords in there.

This is an every SECN+ game occurrence at this point. Can we get a sticky that walks people through using their TV provider?

Reactions: JDHoss
It is because most of us older folks (i'm78 ) was not raised up with all this technology and it is harder to remember all the passwords you have to have.
I think that's a cop out. Do you drive a car newer than 25 years old? If so, you've already shown you can adapt.

But I also don't think a lot of the people that don't understand it are in their 70s either.

My dad is 90 he has ever had Internet or a smart TV and owns a flip phone. So he can't watch any of the games that are on +. I still don't get why they do it in the first place.
It's a contract with ESPN and the SEC where they have to carry a certain number of games on SEC+.

Reactions: westerncat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT