ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops Doesn’t Even Want To Be Here

It's so unfair that he tries to bolt for Texas AM and when it goes belly up....UK has to honor his contract.

These contracts have to start tipping more in favor of universities....coaches get paid so much, and if they want to leave....they have all the freedom and when they get fired....massive payouts to send them on their golden parachutes.

It's so unfair that he tries to bolt for Texas AM and when it goes belly up....UK has to honor his contract.

These contracts have to start tipping more in favor of universities....coaches get paid so much, and if they want to leave....they have all the freedom and when they get fired....massive payouts to send them on their golden parachutes.
Technically he could have been fired, probably breached his contract with his TAM flirtation, it would have eventually ended with a mutual buyout

Mitch stated he doesn’t want coaches who don’t want to be here

He had his chance to hire Sumrall and tell Stoops to hit the road

Didn’t have the balls to do so with Cal still lurking with his lifetime contract

4-8 will get Stoops out of here this year by his own choosing

Never underestimate the misery index

Technically he could have been fired, probably breached his contract with his TAM flirtation, it would have eventually ended with a mutual buyout

Mitch stated he doesn’t want coaches who don’t want to be here

He had his chance to hire Sumrall and tell Stoops to hit the road

Didn’t have the balls to do so with Cal still lurking with his lifetime contract

4-8 will get Stoops out of here this year by his own choosing

Never underestimate the misery index
I dont'; know the contract rules...but to let him come back with full contract if Mitch had options was silly.....at minimum I'd have taken some guaranteed money off the contract.

But Cal left w/o a buyout and UK has not eaten a head coach contract at bball or football in over a decade while washign in SEC TV money....this should be a no problem to eat Stoops contract and move to Sumrall this off season.

Wouldn't the same clause that got ccc apply to stoops?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Wouldn't the same clause that got ccc apply to stoops?
I don't' know how it works....but Cal just left...so if the Arkansas deal fell through...I suppose he'd still be at UK?

I don't know of a clause that applied to Cal...he just left (like Tubby) and did UK a favor.

Cal didn’t honor the requirement to first inform Mitch he was interviewing.

I guess Mark did inform Mitch.

However I don’t think that was the reason Cal left.

I think thats silly the coaches have to let the AD know first.

In the normal real life jobs can you imagine having to tell your manager before you interview for a job you may not get? Talk about awkward.

I'm sure it's awkward at UK though now.

In the normal real life jobs can you imagine having to tell your manager before you interview for a job you may not get? Talk about awkward.

Head football coach at a D1, SEC school isn't a "normal real life job" though, really. I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of contract stipulation exists in other super high paying positions--CEOs and the like.

I don't understand why so many think this team is tallented.Our online might be the worst in SEC. We obviously have QB issues,running backs average at best,and our receivers run poor routes and drop the ball half the time. Our d line has an anemic pass rush and our corners are struggling.Where is all this talent. Based on today's performance we might not win a game in conference this year.

I think we are going look back one day and say how obvious it was.
The complacency and lack of growth has been obvious in this program for years. There isn’t a single thing that stoops has improved at. We still show up unprepared, opposing coaches still run circles after halftime because our staff refuses to (or can’t) adjust, we still give away points and yards week after week with stupid lack of discipline penalties, etc. If stoops were ever going to make the leap, he was going to need to clean that stuff up. You can’t win big with self imposed handicaps and hurdles. We saw from 2019-2023, stoops wasn’t changing and he expected the AD to go to bat for him and make sure we had a clear path to 6 unimpressive wins each season. If Mitch believed CMS could thrive in the SEC going forward we wouldn’t have had to draw a line in the sand over an extra league game.

He was halfway out the door last year.

Is he just mailing it in now?
Well Done Yes GIF by rubenscantuni

I don't' know how it works....but Cal just left...so if the Arkansas deal fell through...I suppose he'd still be at UK?

I don't know of a clause that applied to Cal...he just left (like Tubby) and did UK a favor.
Not really accurate. He violated the contact rule then told mitch, this is what it'll take to keep me. At which point he had violated his contract and the buyout was null.
He did UK no favors.

He needs to go. Hasn't gotten any better since he's been here. He gave us a few good season's but is trending down. Not beating anyone with a pulse in a long time. Top 10 paid coach and can't even get us in the Top 40.
A coaching change may be on the table if things don't improve but to say things haven't gotten better under Stoops is beyond ridiculous. You apparently don't recall the Joker, Mumme and Curry years. 6 wins and a crap bowl was considered a big season and 4 star recruits were as rare as lottery winners.

Stoops could be fired today, they got caught cheating on his watch. Had to forfeit games and is on probation.
Since the NCAA said the coaches didn't have any knowledge of the infractions the players committed, Stoops' lawyers would likely win out if they denied him his buyout. JMO.

A coaching change may be on the table if things don't improve but to say things haven't gotten better under Stoops is beyond ridiculous. You apparently don't recall the Joker, Mumme and Curry years. 6 wins and a crap bowl was considered a big season and 4 star recruits were as rare as lottery winners.
Seems the UK Presidents and AD offices are the elephants in the room. The complete and total failure is the hiring of poor coaching candidates, throw a lot of money at them and expect quality results. UK will never get a proven, high-quality coach who is currently coaching, and we should NOT try to hire some old retread looking for a second shot. UK needs to find a proven coach in a lesser league that is innovative and has an aggressive style with a hunger to compete and win. UK's problems in football have always started with bad decisions out of the AD's office.

In normal, real life jobs either party can typically terminate the employment at will. We're talking about jobs with contracts governing the employment relationship.

He sure doesn't seem happy here anymore.

In his presser after the game, he seemed like a "dead man walking"...no fire, didnt seem pissed off, just seemed resigned to accept the result without remorse, contrition or anger...this just isnt right in year 12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT