ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops Doesn’t Even Want To Be Here

It's so unfair that he tries to bolt for Texas AM and when it goes belly up....UK has to honor his contract.

These contracts have to start tipping more in favor of universities....coaches get paid so much, and if they want to leave....they have all the freedom and when they get fired....massive payouts to send them on their golden parachutes.

It's so unfair that he tries to bolt for Texas AM and when it goes belly up....UK has to honor his contract.

These contracts have to start tipping more in favor of universities....coaches get paid so much, and if they want to leave....they have all the freedom and when they get fired....massive payouts to send them on their golden parachutes.
Technically he could have been fired, probably breached his contract with his TAM flirtation, it would have eventually ended with a mutual buyout

Mitch stated he doesn’t want coaches who don’t want to be here

He had his chance to hire Sumrall and tell Stoops to hit the road

Didn’t have the balls to do so with Cal still lurking with his lifetime contract

4-8 will get Stoops out of here this year by his own choosing

Never underestimate the misery index

Technically he could have been fired, probably breached his contract with his TAM flirtation, it would have eventually ended with a mutual buyout

Mitch stated he doesn’t want coaches who don’t want to be here

He had his chance to hire Sumrall and tell Stoops to hit the road

Didn’t have the balls to do so with Cal still lurking with his lifetime contract

4-8 will get Stoops out of here this year by his own choosing

Never underestimate the misery index
I dont'; know the contract rules...but to let him come back with full contract if Mitch had options was silly.....at minimum I'd have taken some guaranteed money off the contract.

But Cal left w/o a buyout and UK has not eaten a head coach contract at bball or football in over a decade while washign in SEC TV money....this should be a no problem to eat Stoops contract and move to Sumrall this off season.

Wouldn't the same clause that got ccc apply to stoops?

Wouldn't the same clause that got ccc apply to stoops?
I don't' know how it works....but Cal just left...so if the Arkansas deal fell through...I suppose he'd still be at UK?

I don't know of a clause that applied to Cal...he just left (like Tubby) and did UK a favor.

Cal didn’t honor the requirement to first inform Mitch he was interviewing.

I guess Mark did inform Mitch.

However I don’t think that was the reason Cal left.

I think thats silly the coaches have to let the AD know first.

In the normal real life jobs can you imagine having to tell your manager before you interview for a job you may not get? Talk about awkward.

I'm sure it's awkward at UK though now.

He is just going through the motions collecting a FAT check he doesn’t deserve. KY needs to move on and fast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT