ADVERTISEMENT

Stone Saunders

So we backed off the dude from Columbus area for this guy correct?
I don't think that is explicitly correct. But Saunders has been spending a lot of his time with Coen in Lexington, while Montgomery has a brother at OH St and is still taking unofficial visits to many programs. To look at it another way, it appears that Saunders is closer to deciding than Montgomery, not to mention that Saunders' relationship with Coen has gotten close over the last 2 months. If Montgomery was focusing on UK, which he isn't, we would be hearing a lot more about him.

I don't think that is explicitly correct. But Saunders has been spending a lot of his time with Coen in Lexington, while Montgomery has a brother at OH St and is still taking unofficial visits to many programs. To look at it another way, it appears that Saunders is closer to deciding than Montgomery, not to mention that Saunders' relationship with Coen has gotten close over the last 2 months. If Montgomery was focusing on UK, which he isn't, we would be hearing a lot more about him.
Think Ohio St just took a commitment from a 4* '25 QB this week so Montgomery's not likely to follow him. And UK offered Austyn Modrzewski out of Colorado just in the last few days. Just covering bases I assume.

Reactions: bluecoon1
I think Monty at one time was zeroed in on us. But, going by memory!

Think Ohio St just took a commitment from a 4* '25 QB this week so Montgomery's not likely to follow him. And UK offered Austyn Modrzewski out of Colorado just in the last few days. Just covering bases I assume.
Modrzewski attended a UK camp last month and received his offer a few weeks ago as a result of his performance there. From what I heard, he is big, long, and very impressive.

Montgomery currently holds at least seven SEC and six B10 offers, plus ND. That's a lot to sort through. His recruitment is likely to take some time.

I think Saunders and Coen have several factors going for them. For one thing, Coen knew Saunders' Dad previously. Saunders is known to like Coen's offensive style. I also think it takes a special kind of kid to sign up in the class that follows Cutter Boley's class. But whatever the reasons, Saunders is closing in on a decision while Montgomery isn't nearly that far along.

I think Monty at one time was zeroed in on us. But, going by memory!
I don't think he was exactly zeroed in on UK, but he made a couple of unofficial visits to Lexington in the spring. He also made many other unofficial visits including multiple visits to GA, TN, PA St, MI St, and OH St. Lot of frequent flyer points.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
He even stays up in the crib sometimes

Modrzewski attended a UK camp last month and received his offer a few weeks ago as a result of his performance there. From what I heard, he is big, long, and very impressive.

Montgomery currently holds at least seven SEC and six B10 offers, plus ND. That's a lot to sort through. His recruitment is likely to take some time.

I think Saunders and Coen have several factors going for them. For one thing, Coen knew Saunders' Dad previously. Saunders is known to like Coen's offensive style. I also think it takes a special kind of kid to sign up in the class that follows Cutter Boley's class. But whatever the reasons, Saunders is closing in on a decision while Montgomery isn't nearly that far along.
I thought Modrzewski's camp film was most impressive plus he appeared bigger than the 6'3" I've seen him listed.

They are also on the verge of getting a high 4* from Warner Robbins GA. Antwan Hill, at least that was the word a couple weeks ago. Uncle played for us and with Bengals now

They are also on the verge of getting a high 4* from Warner Robbins GA. Antwan Hill, at least that was the word a couple weeks ago. Uncle played for us and with Bengals now
Appreciate that info Grumpy. The high rated QB's will all eat - as usual. UK seems to be on the edge of joining the party in a big way for the first time in a very, very long time!

Go Big Blue!

Appreciate that info Grumpy. The high rated QB's will all eat - as usual. UK seems to be on the edge of joining the party in a big way for the first time in a very, very long time!

Go Big Blue!

Getting the commit from another 25 guy may have changed those plans. Guy is big, fast and has a big arm, not sure why we didn't put much effort into him. But I think we may skipping the 25 class because 1 of the 24 kids will likely RS. As of right now UGA is all in on a 26 instate kid who passed for 4500 hundred yards as a frosh. If he doesn't reclassify will shatter the state passing record. Likey going to USC though.

Getting the commit from another 25 guy may have changed those plans. Guy is big, fast and has a big arm, not sure why we didn't put much effort into him. But I think we may skipping the 25 class because 1 of the 24 kids will likely RS. As of right now UGA is all in on a 26 instate kid who passed for 4500 hundred yards as a frosh. If he doesn't reclassify will shatter the state passing record. Likey going to USC though.

Is that USCeast or west?

Is the '26 qb Julian Lewis?

Is the '26 qb Julian Lewis?

That's him, nickname JuJu. Likely to light up secondaries in 23 because he has a 4* WR/TE who is about 6'5. He had near 500 yards in a losing effort in state finals. Only knock on him is he is Bryce Young size.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT