ADVERTISEMENT

Stay or go?

Besides Cal which players stays and which players leave? Hopefully we get some players to stick around
If Cal returns, because essentially everyone will leave if he leaves(this is fine as most of the guys are average), then I’ll say:
Gone: Bradshaw, Dillingham, Ugo, Hart, Edwards, Reeves, Mitchell
Stay: Thiero
Question marks: Reed, DJ, Burks, Z

Reed is over projected right now and will slide a bit on draft boards throughout the process. Will he slide enough to come back? Idk. Burks I’m not sure about. I would think there’s a decent chance he leaves as he never plays and his BFF is going pro. But wouldn’t shock me if he tried another year. DJ might surprise people. He definitely doesn’t need the money between his family and NIL. Not sure he leaves a coach that’s essentially family and tons of NIL behind to maybe get drafted second round. Of course most of these kids end up going so don’t plan on a return!

Z isn’t draftable but does he go home or does he want a full off-season to potentially be the starting 5 at UK?

Maybe Burks and Thiero. I expect everyone else to go. If any of the others stay I will take it as a pleasant surprise.

It doesn't matter if Cal is still the coach. In a perfect world, Big Z, Reed, and Thiero come back with Perry and solid transfers coming in to make a run with a new coach.

I say Cal will be gone. Under that assumption, but not knowing who replaces him I am guessing we return Reed, Bradshaw, Theiro, Burks, Hart, and 2 of our current recruits.

If Cal somehow survives, maybe also lose Bradshaw but keep the current recruits.

But Reed and Bradshaw are near 50/50.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT