ADVERTISEMENT

Stating the obvious

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
Mark Stoops has plateaued as a head coach. He will not change his philosophy. He will not compete for a slot in the 12 team playoff. He has a history of hamstrings his offensive coordinators while seemingly ignoring miss steps in his defensive coaches.
During his tenure, every SEC team except Alabama has had bad streaks that invariably have led to new head coaches.
Kentucky has no home field advantage.
In year eleven we look worse than year 3 with more talent.

It is pretty apparent he doesn't want to be here.
For me, even though I've a long history of defending him and his decisions, the lack of preparation/ execution/ discipline/ accountability/ growth...has reached the point this isn't enjoyable any more.
Time for a change even though it may mean periods of struggle.

Barnie loves Stoops. He has taken UK to like 8 straight seasons of who gives a crap bowls and don't see one 5 and 7 or 4 and 8 season moving barnie to fire Stoops.

He hated Calipari but did nothing after 9 and 16. He did nothing after st Peter's, and wasn't even going to fire him after Oakland. UK basketball has the highest expectations in its sport and Barnie did nothing for 4 straight years of sucking.

In Barnies eyes, not making a bowl is 1 year of not meeting expectations. All Stoops and barnie care about is 6 and 6 or 7 and 5. I do think Stoops may save barnie and leave on his own though. If that happens the new coach needs to be capped at 4 to 4.5 million. Find a way to use that other salary money for NIL.

Barnhart will probably retire soon and leave the higher of the next head football coach to them.
Unless Stoops leaves on his own of course then Barnhart will make the higher himself with a board of trustee approval.

Barnhart will probably retire soon and leave the higher of the next head football coach to them.
Unless Stoops leaves on his own of course then Barnhart will make the higher himself with a board of trustee approval.

I think Barnies deal is through 2027 or 2028. He's apparently beloved by the school president. I agree he retires whenever that ends.

Stoops has not improved very much if at all in clock management, situational football, staff selection and having a disciplined team on the field. That’s my biggest gripe.
Same. To me that's what was so infuriating about the "pony up" comment. He's an absolutely pitiful X's and O's coach and said that like "hey, if ya'll would pay up for better players we'd be 12-0 every year." Well, we have arguably the most depth in talent from top to bottom that this program has ever had and yet here we are sitting at 3-5 (1-5). What good is talent when it's squandered year after year with an outdated offensive philosophy and terrible preparation and discipline?

Mark Stoops has plateaued as a head coach. He will not change his philosophy. He will not compete for a slot in the 12 team playoff. He has a history of hamstrings his offensive coordinators while seemingly ignoring miss steps in his defensive coaches.
During his tenure, every SEC team except Alabama has had bad streaks that invariably have led to new head coaches.
Kentucky has no home field advantage.
In year eleven we look worse than year 3 with more talent.

It is pretty apparent he doesn't want to be here.
For me, even though I've a long history of defending him and his decisions, the lack of preparation/ execution/ discipline/ accountability/ growth...has reached the point this isn't enjoyable any more.
Time for a change even though it may mean periods of struggle.
Struggling is part of life and accepted if it leads to victory. If UK gets to the playoffs 1 year in 10, that is successful . However no team will or should be allowed to NIL buy a team. That does work in the SEC however. If an education means nothing then disband the NCAA and stop lying.

Barnie loves Stoops. He has taken UK to like 8 straight seasons of who gives a crap bowls and don't see one 5 and 7 or 4 and 8 season moving barnie to fire Stoops.

He hated Calipari but did nothing after 9 and 16. He did nothing after st Peter's, and wasn't even going to fire him after Oakland. UK basketball has the highest expectations in its sport and Barnie did nothing for 4 straight years of sucking.

In Barnies eyes, not making a bowl is 1 year of not meeting expectations. All Stoops and barnie care about is 6 and 6 or 7 and 5. I do think Stoops may save barnie and leave on his own though. If that happens the new coach needs to be capped at 4 to 4.5 million. Find a way to use that other salary money for NIL.
I know we're all pissed, but there were a couple of good bowls in that span.

All else ... spot on, man. Spot on.

Reactions: Farsight
Struggling is part of life and accepted if it leads to victory. If UK gets to the playoffs 1 year in 10, that is successful . However no team will or should be allowed to NIL buy a team. That does work in the SEC however. If an education means nothing then disband the NCAA and stop lying.
Consider this ... Vandy was 1 score away from being considered in the playoff discussion. 1 score away. That should infuriate all of us.

I had been a staunch Stoops supporter but after the A&M debacle he used up all of the goodwill he had built up with me. Then watching how poorly this team is prepared week in and week out has convinced me Stoops must go. I don’t know how this happens but it has to happen this off season, preferably right after the UL game.

I am also sure we will miss out on the best bet for a sure fire UK coaching upgrade by watching someone else hire Sumrall this off season. Someone please talk me off the ledge

Reactions: Lost In FL

Sec is ridiculous. I just looked at standings and it wouldn't surprise me if we have 5 teams finish 10 and 2 or better at end of regular season.

Who gets left out of playoff? Someone is gonna be mad when 11 and 1 Indiana gets in beating 0 top 25 teams along the way and army or Boise state get an auto bid for winning a dog crap mid major conference.

If the playoff was legit we would see 5 of the 12 from the sec this season and probably 4 big 10 teams and then acc and big 12 champ and ND.

It should be the 12 best teams regardless of conference and no conference champ should get a bid if not top 12.

Stoops has no doubt peaked at Kentucky. Will be lucky to reach Bowls again and 10-win seasons are a pipe dream with schools like Texas and Oklahoma now. Don't care if OU is having a down year. When you can't beat Vandy and Auburn, not beating them either.

9 mill/yr to be looking up at vandy??? I get that we’re not going to sniff a SEC title game but atleast we can be competitive and not sure why 8-4 and an occasional 9-3 with the schedule falling right is out of the question either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT