ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I looked up a list of some current older wrestlers in WWE and was surprised by a few:
Nia Jax and Santos Escobar are 40, Asuka is 42, Kofi and Miz are 43 (I literally watched Miz's season of Real World when he debuted "The Miz" gimmick as he cut drunken promos on his roommates in the middle of the night), Shayna Baszler is 44, and Sheamus is 46. The ones we automatically know like Finn and Styles were listed too.

Agree with Sapp here. Every little bit helps and WWE does these little promos as well. I think they're very slowly getting better at promotion and hopefully this time next year they have a noticeable increase in weekly tix sales. I wouldn't be opposed to AEW doing something like those old school 'My Sacrifice' type videos WWE did during the Attitude Era either.

I remember watching The Miz do a number of seasons on MTV's Challenge in the early 2000's.
But the guy that was his recent partner (is his name R-Truth) I remember looking him up a few weeks ago and he is in his freakin 50's.

Reactions: Nightwish84
Checked out AEW last night - can anyone tell me what good it does to have a middling WWE reject absolutely bury one of the “pillars?”

I love Benjamin as a worker but he’s always been less over than the sunny side up eggs I had for breakfast, and there’s a reason for that.

Reactions: Wesley91581
WBD is officially cancelling Rampage and Battle of the Belts for 2025. Shockwave is being shopped around but this idea that Fox would dump Smackdown and immediately get back into wrestling by putting a new show by a newish company on its flagship station...I don't see that happening. WBD was probably told by TK how large the roster was and how he's going to keep adding and adding and I think they just kept saying yes to new content and more hours. The eyeballs aren't there for all these hours of AEW per week.

With Dynamite, I'm not watching but it seems Moxley isn't really selling and he and his crew are just attacking lower card dimwits while giving ominous speeches like he's a Wyatt. Is this an effort to get the Bucks to turn face and be responsible EVP's to stop Moxley? After they also wanted to take over the company and attacked the owner...just this year? Yikes. I'm predicting NXT beats AEW for a fourth week in a row. From afar, a lot of what they're doing isn't making much sense right now.

I remember watching The Miz do a number of seasons on MTV's Challenge in the early 2000's.
But the guy that was his recent partner (is his name R-Truth) I remember looking him up a few weeks ago and he is in his freakin 50's.
Some of those guys like CT are still doing those “challenge” shows - I think miz chose a better career path plus he’s got maryse.

Some of those guys like CT are still doing those “challenge” shows - I think miz chose a better career path plus he’s got maryse.
Just last night I watched it. It's their 40th season, so they started with 40, 10 from each era (0-5yrs, 5-10 yrs, 10-15 yrs, 15+ yrs), I think they are down to 18 or so. And yes CT was on it but lost an elimination about 3 weeks ago. CT as a wrestler, I think that would have been a better fit than Miz as one.

Sami zayn in this new bloodline feud just doesn't do it for me. He was funny with the first stuff but make this one strictly about family. No need to have an Irish looking Syrian hailing from Canada playing a Pacific Islander. Same with the Lesnar rumors. Bring in Zilla or Hikuleo.

From what I've seen if you want a ringside tickets for both nights of Wrestlemania it will cost you about 15,000. I'm sure it will sell out but man those prices are getting high. Wonder what Rumble tickets will be?

Today TKO paid 3.25 billion to acquire agency giant IMG, event hospitality and travel company On Location, and Professional Bull Riders (PBR)

Thought Dynamite was an ok show, If Jericho winning if that meant he'd only appear on ROH TV and nothing else then that would have been nice.
I do like the fact they are announcing things a couple of weeks in advance and actually having video packages to promote things.

- Will be interesting when NXT is the show that switches nights in a couple weeks. I don't think a single sport will be played on election night. AEW might best them that night.

- I'll never get enough of WWE announcing having the highest grossing gate of all time and fans in attendance cheering. Would be like spending $600 for Rolling Stones tickets and them announcing on stage they're rich af...and the crowd eats it up.

- Jericho winning another title is Tony continuing to not read the room imo. ROH is basically dead. Stop using your A show for it. Mox is doing whatever he wants, fans are getting more Jericho than ever, Cassidy, Dark Order, and Best Friends are involved in a main feud, Darby comes and goes, the Bucks continue to be in the lowest segments of the show, etc. The company needs to grow up emotionally. Dax continually fights with podcasters on twitter, Garcia recently took shots at talking heads who say anything negative towards AEW, and we know TK's online history. They'd rather defend AEW online than put together a string of shows that makes sense.

- I'll never get enough of WWE announcing having the highest grossing gate of all time and fans in attendance cheering. Would be like spending $600 for Rolling Stones tickets and them announcing on stage they're rich af...and the crowd eats it up.
They’re excited they’re a part of a record. Hell I would be too. Til it’s beat next year. And the year after.

This quote from Dom kills me:

“I’m good but you got one thing wrong. You said 4 years. I’ve been doing this since ’05. I technically debuted in SummerSlam for the custody of myself. So yeah, next year will be 20 years for me.

Yeah, I was like 7-8 years old. Never looked back. My real dad Eddie Guerrero gave me like a real taste of what it was and like you said never looked back and I’ve loved every minute of it.”

https://www.sescoops.com/news/wwe/dominik-mysterio-reflects-on-his-20-year-wrestling-career/

Dominik, the 20 year veteran.

This quote from Dom kills me:

“I’m good but you got one thing wrong. You said 4 years. I’ve been doing this since ’05. I technically debuted in SummerSlam for the custody of myself. So yeah, next year will be 20 years for me.

Yeah, I was like 7-8 years old. Never looked back. My real dad Eddie Guerrero gave me like a real taste of what it was and like you said never looked back and I’ve loved every minute of it.”

https://www.sescoops.com/news/wwe/dominik-mysterio-reflects-on-his-20-year-wrestling-career/

Dominik, the 20 year veteran.

Best heel in the business right now.

You could make a strong argument once Jordan grace gets there the nxt women’s division is better than AEW or either main rosters women division - just completely stacked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT