ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

No one who knows football can argue we don't need to fill some slots well with this 24 class and what leads up to it. You can do it though if you want.
Ba Humbug! It's Christmas bro. You are saying I don't understand football. Your mean spirited remark is not deserved, and crosses a line of posting courtesy. Any successful football team needs a good DL. No one is arguing that point. I have not given you a reason to say I am opposed to having a strong DL. I just think Mark Stoops is on top of it. Building a defense does not follow a simple cookbook formula. If it did, then anyone could do it. If you want to pick a fight on this point over the Christmas weekend, pick it with someone else.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Girthang
Early look at the needs of UK for 2024

1. NT and DT are huge. 2-3 kids here we need
2. I do think we neeed to get back to Qb from high school ranks
3. Jack edge rusher to back Wade
4. Offensive tackle for sure is slim at UK
5. Probably a Will lber
6. No kicker or punters 😉

Reactions: Mark_Stoops
Really would like to land the Smiths
After checking, I learned that the Smith Brothers have already received offers from 7 B10 programs, 6 SEC programs, and ND, among others. Brad White is personally recruiting them. This will be a very interesting recruitment and no doubt one of Stoops' highest 2024 recruiting priorities. There is one early CB prediction for UK from Josh Edwards. Sure would be nice.

5. Probably a Will lber
Although it's early, I don't see anything on your list to disagree with.

Without knowing which other players might transfer in or out over the next 18 months, I currently see 15 seniors in 2023 when Horsey, Jefferson, Weaver, Leary, and M. Cox are counted in that group. We can't calculate how large Stoops' 2024 class might be without knowing about future transfers. But Stoops believes in physical football, and the backbone of a physical football team is always the OL, DL, and LBs. DBs are Stoops' background, so he will always prioritize his secondary. A lot of WRs left through the portal, so we will need a couple more of those. And another RB. And obviously Stoops needs to create some continuity in the QB room.

Reactions: K_TIME

5. Probably a Will lber
They def will take a couple LBs. As far as backing up Wade. Some will depend on where the guys they have fit in. They got fearbry last year, he is def an OLB. Idk if they are gonna play him at SAM or JACK. Then also have Noah Matthews and I have read they like him at Jack unless he grows into DE. I have read Godfrey will be either Will or SAM. Brown is prob a middle LB. They def have some nice young guys. Be awesome to add a pure rushing DE too

Reactions: Rembrandt90
Ba Humbug! It's Christmas bro.

Lol. It wasn't when I posted a couple days ago, "bro."

You are saying I don't understand football.

No. I didn't, because I knew you agreed (as you have shown here) but just wanted to be contrary.

Your mean spirited remark is not deserved, and crosses a line of posting courtesy. Any successful football team needs a good DL. No one is arguing that point.

Yet, you disagreed.

I have not given you a reason to say I am opposed to having a strong DL.

I never said you were opposed to it, yet you contradicted even that we need 2-3 more interior DL from HS and or the portal. I didn't come here to argue, but you seem to want to contradict every post I've made. If you don't want an argument, don't invent one when someone makes a valid post. Just like it and move on, rather than getting emotional and waiting several days to agree with what they originally posted.

I just think Mark Stoops is on top of it.

I said as much in my previous posts

Building a defense does not follow a simple cookbook formula.

Never said or implied that it follows a simple cookbook and you know it. Use your fallacies to mischaracterize someone else's posts.

If it did, then anyone could do it. If you want to pick a fight on this point over the Christmas weekend, pick it with someone else.

So next time just agree earlier like you finally did here. Lol. Don't be so emotional. It's not "a fight."

I appreciate you sharing premium stuff here, and have always supported your posting (you should think about doing the same for others), but I'm not going to argue any more valid points with you. You can disagree. I'll just ignore it so you don't get upset.

But you no doubt won't let it go. Of course

Last edited:
They def will take a couple LBs. As far as backing up Wade. Some will depend on where the guys they have fit in. They got fearbry last year, he is def an OLB. Idk if they are gonna play him at SAM or JACK. Then also have Noah Matthews and I have read they like him at Jack unless he grows into DE. I have read Godfrey will be either Will or SAM. Brown is prob a middle LB. They def have some nice young guys. Be awesome to add a pure rushing DE too

Fearbry looks like he's developing well. Got to see him up close a bit more at the UL game. He's not the same as Jamin Davis at all, but I have the same quiet optimism/confidence for his future that I did for Jamin when he was a FR.

He had a great mentor (his father) preaching him patience & hard work and it paid off for him. Would love to have seen 1 more year of him in UK Blue, but really glad it worked out for him to go to the league. He's coming into his own there now as well.

Honestly I have that same hope for every backup on the team, but I really hope Fearbry can break out this coming year or next.

Reactions: catben
Lol. It wasn't when I posted a couple days ago, "bro."

No. I didn't, because I knew you agreed (as you have shown here) but just wanted to be contrary.

Yet, you disagreed.

I never said you were opposed to it, yet you contradicted even that we need 2-3 more interior DL from HS and or the portal. I didn't come here to argue, but you seem to want to contradict every post I've made. If you don't want an argument, don't invent one when someone makes a valid post. Just like it and move on, rather than getting emotional and waiting several days to agree with what they originally posted.

I said as much in my previous posts

Never said or implied that it follows a simple cookbook and you know it. Use your fallacies to mischaracterize someone else's posts.

So next time just agree earlier like you finally did here. Lol. Don't be so emotional. It's not "a fight."

I appreciate you sharing premium stuff here, and have always supported your posting (you should think about doing the same for others), but I'm not going to argue any more valid points with you. You can disagree. I'll just ignore it so you don't get upset.
Just stop.

• Haha
It is hard to tell Fearbry's, Matthews', and Durojaiye's futures at this point because it depends on how they fill out. I haven't gotten a bead on their lateral mobility and motors yet although Fearbry in particular has a great build for the edge. But Keaton Wade is a really interesting edge player with a big future.

No doubt, we need 3-4 LBs in our 2024 class.

Great, free list with details about the prospects up. Got some great DL on the list- 2 top ten defensive lineman offered. Let's hope they can land some of the best of the bunch

Last edited:
Among others are the number 1 ranked and number 10 ranked DL (so far) in the list of recent offers

Lee's Summit (Mo.) North 2024 defensive lineman Williams Nwaneri (6-foot-4, 245)

Pace Academy 2024 defensive lineman Hevin Brown-Shuler (6-foot-4, 290)

Woodward Academy 2025 defensive lineman London Merritt (6-foot-3, 230)

Here is a New Years kind of question.

Who will be the first verbal commitment to UK's 2024 football recruiting class?

Based on what little I know now, I will guess Haynes Johnson or Darius Wiley. I will go with Haynes Johnson.

Reactions: vikingfer
This is a list of some 2024 prospects reportedly holding UK scholarship offers. This is not intended as an all-inclusive list, as confirmation that a particular offer is currently committable, or as a prediction about where any of these players will sign a year from now. The list of players with UK offers will grow as we get into spring and summer.

QBs

Braden Graham, Murfreesboro, TN
KJ Jackson, Montgomery, AL
Danny O'Neil, Indianapolis, IN

RBs

Anthony Carrie, Tampa, FL
Boo Carter, Chattanooga, TN
Jaden Hart, Michigan City, IN
Dilin Jones, Olney, MD
Jordan Lyle, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sam Williams-Dixon, Millersburg, OH
Yasin Willis, Montvale, NJ

WRs

Shaun Boykins, Ratcliff, KY
Jewett Hayes, Cincinnati, OH
Amari Jefferson, Chattanooga, TN
James Madison, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Jaheim Merriweather, Gallatin, TN
Kamron Mikell, Statesboro, GA
Elijah Moore, Olney, MD
Terrance Moore, Tampa, FL
Jabari Murphy, Eclectic, AL
James Randle, Daytona Beach, FL
Brandon Rehmann, Philadelphia, PA
Bredell Richardson, Tampa, FL
Jordan Ward, Memphis, TN
Brandon Winton, Bradenton, FL

TEs

Gavin Chadwell, Barbourville, KY
Colton Heinrich, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Brody Kosin, Clarkston, MI
Gavin Grover, Lewis Center, OH
Walter Matthews, Hiram, GA

OT

Deonte Armstrong, Lakewood, OH
Devontae Armstrong, Lakewood, OH
JacQuan McRoy, Pinson, AL
Styles Prescod, Fishers, IN
Barry Walker, Cordele, GA
Fletcher Westphal, Leesburg, VA

OG/C

Liam Andrews, Brookline, MA
Jaden Ball, Carroll, OH
Ryan Cory, Gibsonia, PA
Jordan Floyd, Lilburn, GA
Waltclaire Flynn, Loganville, GA
Jake Guarnera, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Malachi Harris, Anniston, AL
Haynes Johnson, Campbellsville, KY
Jak Lindsey, Owensboro, KY
Zuri Madison, Lexington, KY
Luke Masterson, Nashville, TN
Marc Nave, Toledo, OH
Ronan O'Connell, Franklin, TN
Tommy Ricard, Hudson, OH
Jameson Riggs, Hiram, GA
William Satterwhite, Akron, OH
Aba Selm, Independence, KY

DL

Malik Blocton, Pike Road, AL
Michai Boireau, Hampton, GA
Hevin Brown-Shuler, Atlanta, GA
Ted Hammond, Cincinnati, OH
Demeco Kennedy, Lexington, KY
LJ McCray, Daytona Beach, FL
Williams Nwaneri, Lees Summit, MO
Xavier Porter, Tampa, FL
Troy Regovich, Lakewood, OH
Jerod Smith, Windsor, CT
Nasir Smith, Loganville, GA
Jordan Thomas, Ramsey, NJ
Darius Wiley, Ratcliff, KY
Ernest Willor, Bradenton, FL

LB

Michael Balogh, Lakewood, OH
Lorenzo Cowan, Savannah, GA
Brandon Davis-Swain, W. Bloomfield, MI
Justin Greene, Lawrenceville, GA
Daivon Hill, River Rouge, MI
Kari Jackson, W. Bloomfield, MI
Cayden Jones, Arden, NC
Melvin Laster, Liberty, MO
Jayden Parrish, Delray Beach, FL
Brian Robinson, Youngstown, OH
Devin Smith, Brunswick, GA
Jacob Smith, Windsor, CT
Edwin Spillman, Nashville, TN
Hank Weber, Brentwood, TN
Damarion Witten, Cleveland, OH

S

Jarvis Boatright, Clearwater, FL
Noah Dixon, Lagrange, GA
Casey Etienne, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Brandon Jacob, Orlando, FL
Jaylen McClain, W. Orange, NJ
Zavier Mincey, Daytona Beach, FL
Quinton Price, Cincinnati, FL
Cam Richardson, Jersey City, NJ
Vaboue Toure, Irvington, NJ
Tyshun White, Buford, GA

CB

Jivan Baly, Norcross, GA
Tayshawn Banks, Cincinnati, OH
Taebron Bennie-Powell, West Chester, OH
BJ Gibson, Rochelle, GA
Jayden Lewis, Anniston, AL
Terhyon Nichols, Cincinnati, OH
Aaron Scott, Holland, OH

Reactions: THE_OAK
Here are some guys that Marrow was recruiting

Dalin Wilkins RB 6-3 200 3 star from OH
Aris Pittman RB 6-2 190 3 star from OH
Shaun Boykins 6-1 190 3 star from KY
Gavin Grover TE 6-6 230 3 star from OH
Gavin Chadwll TE 6-4 220 3 star from KY
Brody Kosin TE 6-6 225
Hayes Johnson 6-5 295 3 star from KY
Jeremiah Lowe 5-11 170 CB 3 star from KY
Quinton Price 6-3 170 S 3 star
Damarion Witen 6-4 215 ATH 4 star from OH
Zuri Madison 6-5 275 OL from KY
Aaron Scott 6-1 180 CB 4 star from OH
Carson Hobbs 6-1 180 CB 3 star
Taebron Bennie Powell 6-1 170 ATH 3 star from OH
Demeco Kennedy 6-3 265 ATH from KY
Tra'mar Harris 6-2 180 ATH from OH
William Satterwhite 6-5 290 OL 3 star from OH
Jaden Ball 6-4 285 OL 3 star from OH
Darius Wiley 6-6 230 Edge 3 star from KY

Here are some guys that White was recruiting

Vaboue Tuvre 6-1 185 S 4 star from NJ
Jacob Smith 6-5 225 Edge 4 star from Conn
Jerod Smith 6-3 265 DL 4 star from Conn

Here are some guys that Woodward was recruiting

Yasin Willis 6-1 220 RB 4 star from NJ
Jordan Ward 6-4 205 ATH 3 star from TN

Coen was recruiting Braden Graham 6-1 205 3 star QB from TN

Just a handful of names out of hundreds they have been in contact with. Listed a lot for Marrow knowing how hard he is to beat for recruits. Lot of these guys are 3 stars but now we sign a lot of 4 star recruits so there has to be a bunch of 4 stars we are in on we don't know yet.

Jacob and Jerrod Smith, both graded as Top 250 recruits at DE, sound like a major prize for whomever gets them.

I understand they were from Kentucky and moved to Connecticut to play.

I hope we have some inside edge for them.
Let them talk to the Wade twins. It's a shame there is not a set of twin cheer leaders to greet them. I knew twin boys who married twin girls. Their kids were more like brothers and sisters than cousins, and they had trouble telling their parents apart.

Let them talk to the Wade twins. It's a shame there is not a set of twin cheer leaders to greet them. I knew twin boys who married twin girls. Their kids were more like brothers and sisters than cousins, and they had trouble telling their parents apart.

That's awesome and hilarious at the same time!

And many of our 3 Stars now become 4 Stars by signing day.
Yeah, that is why I wondered if Ziesmer and Anglin might really be 4 stars. When you talk to people and read about them they may be better than their ranking. And we continually have guys end up a ton better than what they come in when they leave.

Reactions: The-Hack
Yeah, that is why I wondered if Ziesmer and Anglin might really be 4 stars. When you talk to people and read about them they may be better than their ranking. And we continually have guys end up a ton better than what they come in when they leave.
That is because Stoops does a good job in most cases of developing his players. It is not about being underrated, necessarily, although some of UK's signees really are underrated because Stoops' staff does a very good job of talent evaluation too. They have to, because their home recruiting territory in Kentucky is small and sparse compared to the home recruiting territories of most SEC teams.

We can talk all we want about the improvement in hs football in the state, but a good portion of that is encompassed in a handful of schools like Frederick Douglass hs, North Hardin hs, Boyle County hs, Trinity hs, and Bowling Green hs. Not saying they are the only improving football schools in KY, of course, but they produce a disproportionate number of the state's SEC football prospects. Almost all the other SEC football programs have larger numbers of candidates in their home states, and the additions of TX and OK will make it even more so.

I'd like to see those DNA profiles.

I'd like to see those DNA profiles.
Identical twins have the same DNA because they develop from the same fertilized egg. There may be some development differences but it is virtually impossible to diferentiate between twins by DNA analysis alone. The real challenge would be tying to determine which set of parents a child belonged to by DNA analysis alone.

Reactions: maroon79
The real challenge would be tying to determine which set of parents a child belonged to by DNA analysis alone.
I had that pop up in Court, once, where two identical twin brothers shared a relationship with a young woman on the same evening.

A child ensued.

My argument to the Court to establish child support was based on a 16th Century property case, where two shooters simultaneously shot at a fox. The fox was killed, but the shooters had used the same smooth bore ammo making a determination of which killed the fox impossible.

The Old English Court ruled the fox hide to be split in two, there being no way to prove who fired the shot that hit home. I argued both the twins had to split the child support obligation . . . . as they were obviously willing to split other things in life.

I had that pop up in Court, once, where two identical twin brothers shared a relationship with a young woman on the same evening.

A child ensued.

My argument to the Court to establish child support was based on a 16th Century property case, where two shooters simultaneously shot at a fox. The fox was killed, but the shooters had used the same smooth bore ammo making a determination of which killed the fox impossible.

The Old English Court ruled the fox hide to be split in two, there being no way to prove who fired the shot that hit home. I argued both the twins had to split the child support obligation . . . . as they were obviously willing to split other things in life.
Beautiful argument! Took a lot of research to find that precedent. Glad you did not cite Solomon as precedent and recommend splitting the baby.

A child ensued.

Scared me for a minute. I had some terrible thoughts on how you planned to divide the kid !

Took a lot of research to find that precedent.
It took two minutes.

It was the first case in my Property law book. And maybe half of law students would remember it as their first property case.

Oh, and on the day of Court, one of the twins approached and volunteered that the child was his.

Case closed.

That is because Stoops does a good job in most cases of developing his players. It is not about being underrated, necessarily, although some of UK's signees really are underrated because Stoops' staff does a very good job of talent evaluation too. They have to, because their home recruiting territory in Kentucky is small and sparse compared to the home recruiting territories of most SEC teams.

We can talk all we want about the improvement in hs football in the state, but a good portion of that is encompassed in a handful of schools like Frederick Douglass hs, North Hardin hs, Boyle County hs, Trinity hs, and Bowling Green hs. Not saying they are the only improving football schools in KY, of course, but they produce a disproportionate number of the state's SEC football prospects. Almost all the other SEC football programs have larger numbers of candidates in their home states, and the additions of TX and OK will make it even more so.
How did Frederick Douglass HS become good so quickly? I understand Trinity, Bowling Green and Boyle County, they have a long history, but FD is a young school. Fort Knox helps North Hardin.
With Kentucky being one of the smallest states, in population, to the other SEC schools, the Cincinnati and Nashville areas become very important to our recruiting. Kentucky has come a long way in HS football development, but we still have a ways to go. One thing that would help is to start spring practices and more middle school leagues.

How did Frederick Douglass HS become good so quickly? I understand Trinity, Bowling Green and Boyle County, they have a long history, but FD is a young school. Fort Knox helps North Hardin.

Player procurement.

With Kentucky being one of the smallest states, in population, to the other SEC schools, the Cincinnati and Nashville areas become very important to our recruiting. Kentucky has come a long way in HS football development, but we still have a ways to go. One thing that would help is to start spring practices and more middle school leagues.
Frederick Douglass hs is becoming a bigger part of UK's recruiting success. There is no doubt about Dane Key's contribution. I think Jager Burton and Dekel Crowdus will be better players than they have shown so far. A few FDHS kids like Walker Parks have gotten away. I suspect that will happen less frequently in the future because of Stoops' success here.

Instate recruiting success has been a demand of the fan base, because instate players are the players fans in KY know the most about. Familiarity. Human nature. But the state of KY will never be UK's entire recruiting base under Stoops for the reasons you described. KY isn't big enough, and we see that in UL's recruiting as well as in UK's. In the 2022 season, UK had 6 starters from the state of KY (Burton, Key, Cox, Oxendine, Weaver, Lovett) and 16 starters from out of state. Four of our 6 instate starters come from 2 schools, North Hardin and Frederick Douglass. Stoops and Marrow have been transparent in recent years about their ideas for the "recruiting base", which is a 6 hour driving radius from Lexington. Stoops talked about it again in a recent press conference. This brings into play the states of OH and TN plus the northern part of AL and much of GA. But they are doing more than that now. Brad White has been recruiting the east coast, the northeast, and PA. Mike Stoops is covering the state of FL now. They have tried to break into IN, MO, MS, LA, and TX with limited success so far, but those states are farther from Lexington. Stoops has been smart about allocation of his recruiting resources.

Last edited:
It took two minutes.

It was the first case in my Property law book. And maybe half of law students would remember it as their first property case.

Oh, and on the day of Court, one of the twins approached and volunteered that the child was his.

Case closed.

Beg to disagree...it was Pierson v Post about who owns a fox in the wild...at least it was the first case in Property I, first year...spent about 1 1/2 months on it...grueling...

• Haha

Cincy area...when was the last time UK landed a true blue-chipper from northern KY?

Player procurement.

Frederick Douglass hs is becoming a bigger part of UK's recruiting success. There is no doubt about Dane Key's contribution. I think Jager Burton and Dekel Crowdus will be better players than they have shown so far. A few FDHS kids like Walker Parks have gotten away. I suspect that will happen less frequently in the future because of Stoops' success here.

Instate recruiting success has been a demand of the fan base, because instate players are the players fans in KY know the most about. Familiarity. Human nature. But the state of KY will never be the UK's recruiting base under Stoops for the reasons you described. KY isn't big enough, and we see that in UL's recruiting as well as in UK's. In the 2022 season, UK had 6 starters from the state of KY (Burton, Key, Cox, Oxendine, Weaver, Lovett) and 16 starters from out of state. Four of our 6 instate starters come from 2 schools, North Hardin and Frederick Douglass. Stoops and Marrow have been transparent in recent years about their ideas for the "recruiting base", which is a 6 hour driving radius from Lexington. Stoops talked about it again in a recent press conference. This brings into play the states of OH and TN plus the northern part of AL and much of GA. But they are doing more than that now. Brad White has been recruiting the east coast, the northeast, and PA. Mike Stoops is covering the state of FL now. They have tried to break into IN, MO, MS, LA, and TX with limited success so far, but those states are farther from Lexington. Stoops has been smart about allocation of his recruiting resources.
I didn`t mention the Indianapolis area because, for now, most of those kids go to Notre Dame, Purdue or Ohio State. Plus Indiana is still a HS basketball state, but they do produce a few more football players than Kentucky. It surprises me as to how few actually go to Indiana to play football. One area that Kentucky has improved in is offensive linemen. In the 70`s, if a kid was 6-4 to 6-6, even if a kid was 240 ish, they played basketball. Now more of them are playing football as well. If kentucky continues to improve on the field, more kids will eventually get involved in the sport and our recruiting base will improve. But we have to implement some of the things mentioned above, especially spring practices and middle school involvement. Each middle school does`nt have to have a team, but have leagues for that age group. They can form a league that includes Jefferson, Bullitt, Oldham, Hardin and Spencer counties. There won`t be a lot of travel and I`m sure that wide of an area could produce several teams.

Cincy area...when was the last time UK landed a true blue-chipper from northern KY?
Probably Patrick Towles. We missed on Mayer. There haven't really been a lot of high level guys from NKY in the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT