ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2023 Recruiting

I’ve just seen him say games won in the trenches in these interviews he’s been doing. Satterfield seemed like he thought he could scheme around a LOS disadvantage which we showed him he couldn’t with us lol
I'm not disagreeing but it looked like satt may have finally figured that out this year. A little late though

Reactions: Dddjdd
Satt’s OL recruiting would have been a lot better if he kept his stud OL coach who left for the Falcons after 2020.

Circling back to UK's 2023 recruiting class. The recruiting dead period begins Monday. IMO, we can now narrow the list of hs seniors still in play who realistically might sign with UK. These are not predictions. We will only sign some of these.

Demitrius Bell, WR, Nashville, TN
Trey Cornist, RB, Cincinnati, OH
Karmello English, slotR, Phenix City, AL
Tavion Gadson DL, Savannah, GA
Kendrick Gilbert, DL, Indianapolis, IN
Devin Hyatt, WR, Bradenton, FL
Asa Newsom, LB, Waverly, IA
Wm. Spencer, OL, New Albany, IN
D'Juan Waller, DB, Youngstown, OH
Jamarion Wilcox, RB, Douglasville, GA

Who knows 💯 who made but they have 5-6 guys who are supposed to be there. We most likely won't hear much till tomorrow as Rembrandt alluded too
Yes. It makes sense to a lot of unsigned prospects and transfers to wait until the last minute, and I can understand that perspective. Unless 100% sure, keep mulling until the end of the process. A transfer always has the option of waiting until the summer unless he is sure, although enrolling at the new school in January is preferable. A hs senior can always wait until February. And even if 100% sure, announce when convenient. These are big decisions for these guys.

Last edited:
Yes. It makes sense to a lot of unsigned prospects and transfers to wait until the last minute, and I can understand that perspective. Unless 100% sure, keep mulling until the end of the process. A transfer always has the option of waiting until the summer unless tlhe is sure, although enrolling at the new school in January is preferable. A hs senior can always wait until February. And even if 100% sure, announce when convenient. These are big decisions for these guys.
Is there a day the transfers have to commit by? I read somewhere else that they can start back visits after the dead period in early Jan. The way I read that article was they could compete after the dead period and still enroll in Jan at the new school

Reactions: Girthang
I’ve just seen him say games won in the trenches in these interviews he’s been doing. Satterfield seemed like he thought he could scheme around a LOS disadvantage which we showed him he couldn’t with us lol

In the ACC, sure. You're right that it doesn't work in the SEC from the middle of the conference upward.

Players don't need to announce today.

But with the dead period beginning tomorrow, visits are over for transfer players and hs seniors who want to enroll in January.

If a transfer is willing to enroll in August, or a hs senior wants to wait until February to sign, this week is only significant in the sense that roster spots are being taken now by other players.

We will probably get an announcement today from Khyree Jackson and possibly from a QB. There could be others. But Wednesday will be the day for most hs seniors.

Alabama defensive back Jackson committed to Oregon, guess flashy sweats and an unlimited supply of Ducks gear for the family is just to much to turn down.

Reactions: maroon79
If Afari is moving to CB, I think the top 3 CBs of Hardaway, Afari, and Phillips has the potential to be really good.

If Afari is moving to CB, I think the top 3 CBs of Hardaway, Afari, and Phillips has the potential to be really good.
Those three CBs are good, but the depth behind them is all young and green. Injuries happen. We could use one more CB. I don't think CB is Tisdale's best position. Tisdale might become our nickel.

Those three CBs are good, but the depth behind them is all young and green. Injuries happen. We could use one more CB. I don't think CB is Tisdale's best position. Tisdale might become our nickel.
True getting an experienced piece is needed. I think those three allow us to not worry that Jackson went elsewhere. We can be patient and even wait till after Spring.

Stuart is very highly touted like Afari was. Will he be S or CB? Suppose Anglin is a S? He is well thought of also.

Steve Wiltfong is pretty solid with his recruiting picks. This is good to know……
Yes, Wiltfong's predictions are seldom wrong. But the most compelling thing was that four CB picks appeared online for UK almost simultaneously. In addition to Wiltfong's CB pick for UK, three other new CB picks for UK are from FL St insiders. Gadson is currently committed to FL St. One CB pick can be wrong, but four on the same morning are compelling. I am now convinced that Gadson will sign with UK. If so, good pickup for us.

Player rankings aside, Gadson has been playing against good hs competition in GA and I am not convinced Gilbert is a better prospect than Gadson. Their offer sheets are similar.

For the sake of discussing roster numbers, let's say Stoops signs the 15 hs seniors currently committed to UK plus-

Trey Cornist, RB
Karmello English, slotR
Tavion Gadson, DL
Asa Newsom, LB
Jamarion Wilcox, RB

And let's say Stoops also signs transfers-

Tanner Bowles, OG
Marques Cox, OT
Ray Davis, RB
Jantzen Dunn, DB
JQ Hardaway, CB
and a transfer QB

And let's say Ken Horsey and one other player in limbo (such as JJ Weaver) come back for another season.

These assumptions appear more or less realistic, and give us a frame of reference to discuss. Under these assumptions, 81 scholarships would be full. For the spring semester, this calculation would leave 4 more scholarships for new second semester inbound transfers, plus more open scholarships depending on the number of UK undergrads who leave the team between now and next summer.

Following these assumptions, Stoops could still use a couple more LBs, another WR, and another OT.

Last edited:
Yes, Wiltfong's predictions are seldom wrong. But the most compelling thing was that four CB picks appeared online for UK almost simultaneously. In addition to Wiltfong's CB pick for UK, three other new CB picks for UK are from FL St insiders. Gadson is currently committed to FL St. One CB pick can be wrong, but four on the same morning are compelling. I am now convinced that Gadson will sign with UK. If so, good pickup for us.

Player rankings aside, Gadson has been playing against good hs competition in GA and I am not convinced Gilbert is a better prospect than Gadson. Their offer sheets are similar.
The Main 247 guy with FS says they were trying to get Gadson to greyshirt and he didn't like it. Ferrell said last week that he was hearing FS and Gadson had mutually agreed to go separate ways, though he didnt immediately decommit. He predicted him to UK then

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT