ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Rivals has him second in the state of Deleware, ahead of a kid committed to South Carolina

Had an offer from Illinois as well. Was supposed to visit Colorado last weekend until Kentucky got involved. Also had reported interest from Nebraska, Ohio State and Tennessee.
Sounds promising. He has the size and potential for several D-line spots.

Being from Delaware is not likely an advantage in being spotted for football talent.

UL got five commitments the other day and they said three of them chose them over us. Caldwell, that we stopped recruiting was one. The other two I didn't know we was seriously recruiting. People that don't keep up with recruiting close on UL's side had to be happy hearing that. Misleading statement just to try and make them look good, bad journalism.

UL got five commitments the other day and they said three of them chose them over us. Caldwell, that we stopped recruiting was one. The other two I didn't know we was seriously recruiting. People that don't keep up with recruiting close on UL's side had to be happy hearing that. Misleading statement just to try and make them look good, bad journalism.
Caldwell was a UK decommit, the other two are '23 kids. UK didn't seem to have a chance with Collins but we're recruiting him along with Spencer out of Male.

Reactions: Girthang

That's pretty common, kids claim an offer from school A, school A can't say yes or no to an offer, so he has an offer. And kids say their final 3 is school A, B. and C. School A and B have never recruited or even visited him and he can't commit there, but they can't say anything about it. UGA has hats and in final 3 of kids I never heard of before, we have even had a few commit with no offer over the years. Just part of the deal, which has gotten much different the last 12 months. If you not willing to spend the big bucks or can't, might as well move to FCS. If someone doesn't step in and take some kind of control of the FIL our gas prices will be 10$ a gallon next signing day.

With no signing day coverage on UK's website, can we assume that there will be no additional signees?

2022 recruiting season has officially come to an end, except for the transfer portal (which is not the subject of this thread). UK signed 20 hs football players. The list has been discussed here, and is freely available online. UK's 2022 class is considered among the top 15 in the country, and the best class signed by UK since the internet era began.

Here are some guesses.

2022 UK signee who will see the field first- Kiyaunta Goodwin

Likely to see action in more than four 2022 games (no RS)- Goodwin, Alex Afari, Ja'Kobi Albert, Barion Brown, Andre Stewart, Keaton Wade

Most skilled, offense- Barion Brown

Most skilled, defense- Alex Afari

Most underrated- Nikolas Hall

What do you think?

2022 recruiting season has officially come to an end, except for the transfer portal (which is not the subject of this thread). UK signed 20 hs football players. The list has been discussed here, and is freely available online. UK's 2022 class is considered among the top 15 in the country, and the best class signed by UK since the internet era began.

Here are some guesses.

Likely to see action in more than four 2022 games (no RS)- Goodwin, Alex Afari, Ja'Kobi Albert, Barion Brown, Andre Stewart, Keaton Wade

What do you think?
Love the thoughts

- I go with Goodwin for sure sees the field first....Heck, we have 2 open tackle spots outside of transfer portal. And even if we get a transfer in portal...Goodwin will get the spot snaps first before him this spring.

- Others not going to get the RS...

Barion Brown. I am going to assume both WR transfers will get top snaps and be ahead of him. But the 3rd WR....Barion will be battling Demarcus Harris and Magwood for outside WR spot.

If Afari can play CB...yes. Heck, we might not have a good 3rd CB on the roster period. But if he's a safety, then I am not sure he plays over Geiger, Ajian, Vito and Joel Williams.

Must Underrated - I'll go with Andre Stewart. Looks like a twitchy kid and looks like a ball hawk CB that we'll need for sure.

Reactions: catben and The-Hack

Here are some guesses.

What do you think?
I want us to get Dane Key involved as soon as possible. Several skill players, for that matter. The performances in punt and kick returns this past season were abysmal.

Get young kids snaps in the return game.

Reactions: The-Hack
I think Robinson has an upper hand for a starting job at WR. I am not sure who else will start. Crowdus, the Lewises, Magwood, Harris, Thomas, Crumes and others will be in the mix, including Baker.

To me, this thread seems to have gotten off track from recruiting and into playing time of signed UK athletes.

• Haha
Reactions: sieken
To me, this thread seems to have gotten off track from recruiting and into playing time of signed UK athletes.
'22 recruiting is over. You're correct this thread has gotten on alot of topics while discussing recruiting

DE Noah Matthews from Bridgeville, DE.
When i saw his measureables: 6-6 and 260, i thought he would be pudgy.
Not ... at ... all.

His highlights seem raw, but he looks like he has good instincts. Much more rangy than i expected. BL: if the coaches like him, then were good.

Here are some guesses.

What do you think?
Brown, Hall and Albert going to be good. Hope Afari as good as advertised.

I would like to see us land a bonafide return threat.

I think there are some good candidates on the roster.

T. Robinson from VA Tech stated in his post practice interview that he will continue returning punts like he did as a Hokie.

I would think one of the new young speedsters could be a good threat on kick returns…surely, between

Tae Tae Crumes
Barion Brown
Brandon White
Jordan Anthony

Seems like I’ve seen return highlights from all three of those true freshmen, so it wouldn’t be completely foreign to them. Surely one or two of those speedsters could make an impact on kick returns…especially if it looks like any of the true freshmen will end up burning a redshirt with playing time at WR.

Reactions: howercat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT