ADVERTISEMENT

STARTING LINEUP NEXT WEDNESDAY

BGCATFAN2012

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2020
Predict our starting lineup next week. Will Cal go with Dilly, DJ, Edwards, Reeves and Ugo as a run and gun. Or slow grind DJ, EDWARDS, REEVES, MITCHELL, UGO?

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. If Ugo is in the starting lineup when the season starts we are COOKED

• Haha
Reactions: shodaman
Predict our starting lineup next week. Will Cal go with Dilly, DJ, Edwards, Reeves and Ugo as a run and gun. Or slow grind DJ, EDWARDS, REEVES, MITCHELL, UGO?
Mitchell will start regardless, as well as Reeves. He will start those two because of their experience. Only reason Mitchell would not start is because he started practice late. Just my opinion and everybody should have one.

Looks like a showdown

J-Ryan
“I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. If Ugo is in the starting lineup when the season starts we are COOKED”

Jonathan W
“ And I’ll say it once again, we need and want Ugo on the floor this year.”

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. If Ugo is in the starting lineup when the season starts we are COOKED

Ugo definitely isn’t putting up Oscar type numbers but all he needs to do is give us 10-20 minutes a game depending on foul trouble and about 6-8ppg and 4-6rpg. That’s assuming Bradshaw is healthy.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Looks like a showdown

J-Ryan
“I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. If Ugo is in the starting lineup when the season starts we are COOKED”

Jonathan W
“ And I’ll say it once again, we need and want Ugo on the floor this year.”
No showdown. Not getting involved in any arguments. This is just my opinion. Maybe I should’ve worded it differently. If he is playing major minutes I think that’s not good. Nothing to explain. No proof. That’s just what I think. Again. I hope I’m wrong

Reactions: track42
I think it'll be:
Dilly
Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Mitchell
Then Cal will incorporate Ugo, Theiro, and Reed. Probably even give Hart short stretches to see how he reacts and what he can provide in this setting.

Dilly
Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Ugonna

“Tre didn’t start because he just got here yesterday! I’ve barely even seen the kid.”

I unfortunately agree with you. He has a lot of potential, but frequently looked sooooooo lost when he played last season.

That is a total fallacy. Show me where he looked lost. Just tell me what game, I will look for it.

Truth is, he didn't look strong enough vs big competition. He played solid minutes vs Michigan and Alabama. Go look at the numbers. They just exploited his weakness.

Disagree. All we need from that position is for Ugo to catch alley-oops, rebound at a decent clip (maybe half of what O gave us) and be a rim protector. If he can do those things without excessive fouling, we're golden.

Dillingham
Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Onyenso

Go small. Experiment. Need a big off the bench and that's what Mitchell provides.

Dillingham
Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Onyenso

Go small. Experiment. Need a big off the bench and that's what Mitchell provides.
I think this is the likely starting lineup most of the season, unless we add a veteran 5 man.

Mitchell is probably the better all around player than Onyenso, but Cal will want a rim protector at the 5 as much as possible and also will want Onyenso to jump for the tip.

Now Bradshaw might change things, if/when he comes back.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
There is NO way Mitchell is not starting..
First game will see..

Dillingham
Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Mitchell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT