ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Changes Killed Stoops

Oct 29, 2023
Dean Hood > Buffano
Clinkscale > Collins
House/Sumrall > Mike Stoops (a safeties coach)
Schlarman > Yenser/Wolford

Revolving door at OC caught up with him as well.

Guys left for better jobs/promotions and Stoops has been lazy in replacing them. Maybe they are paying too much for Marrow and the coordinators and he has to go cheap on other spots, i doubt it.

Time for a change.

Dean Hood > Buffano
Clinkscale > Collins

Guys left for better jobs/promotions and Stoops has been lazy in replacing them. Maybe they are paying too much for Marrow and the coordinators and he has to go cheap on other spots, i doubt it.

Time for a change.
Need more Youngstown connections

Dean Hood > Buffano
Clinkscale > Collins

Time for a change.
There are many problems, but I believe one of the biggest is that the program never recovered from losing all that Schlarman brought to the field, locker room and culture.

Dean Hood > Buffano
Clinkscale > Collins

Time for a change.
Buffano is a waste. I'm not thrilled with Collins but let's be honest outside of looking back for the ball how can we expect any DB to cover anyone when we are giving them a 8 to 12 yard cushion with absolutely no pressure on the QB. Mike Stoops should have never been hired. It shouldn't have been allowed to hire that close of a family member. UK hasn't had a good o-line coach since Schlar. Yenser may have been a good coach but he couldn't recruit. Wolf is a waste. He sucked at USCjr then he came to UK for 1 year and our o-line hasn't been good since. Sure he supposedly can recruit but he can't coach or evaluate who needs to be playing. He goes to Bama of all places and their o-line suddenly was bad last year. And let's not get started on the OC problems. At this point after 12 years CMS has had his chance. He has been allowed to hire his coaches and outside of very few they have been failures. D1 football is cut throat and is no place to be hiring friends and family members.

Dean Hood > Buffano
Clinkscale > Collins

Time for a change.
He’s been hiring hometown guys and buddies. It amazes me we haven’t ended up with Tim Beck somehow and he beat us.

When stoops legacy is written it will be that he built a respectable program from nothing, but had to change OC’s every year. The turnover in that position will be the ultimate what if.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Buffano is a waste. I'm not thrilled with Collins but let's be honest outside of looking back for the ball how can we expect any DB to cover anyone when we are giving them a 8 to 12 yard cushion with absolutely no pressure on the QB. Mike Stoops should have never been hired. It shouldn't have been allowed to hire that close of a family member. UK hasn't had a good o-line coach since Schlar. Yenser may have been a good coach but he couldn't recruit. Wolf is a waste. He sucked at USCjr then he came to UK for 1 year and our o-line hasn't been good since. Sure he supposedly can recruit but he can't coach or evaluate who needs to be playing. He goes to Bama of all places and their o-line suddenly was bad last year. And let's not get started on the OC problems. At this point after 12 years CMS has had his chance. He has been allowed to hire his coaches and outside of very few they have been failures. D1 football is cut throat and is no place to be hiring friends and family members.
Few things: Buffano is the Safeties coach, Mike Stoops coaches ILB, think Wallace, Pop, D'eryck Jackson. Collins has quietly put CBs in the NFL for the past few years. OL development was hamstrung by the failure of Goodwin, Bingham giving up football, Hall having career ending injury. Those happenstances wrecked one whole recruiting class. Can't really anticipate stuff like that, sometimes it's just bad luck. Granted, these guys have warts but it comes down to Stoops not having an offensive identity and poor recruiting. Stoops deserves a chance to fix this mess, can he? Plenty of doubt, one has to think if he could fix it he would've by now.

I think it's safe to say. That we are now the WORST team in the SEC. Bad losses to 3 unranked teams, South Carolina, Vanderbilt & now Florida. 2 of the losses in blowout fashion. When does basketball season start

I think it's safe to say. That we are now the WORST team in the SEC. Bad losses to 3 unranked teams, South Carolina, Vanderbilt & now Florida. 2 of the losses in blowout fashion. When does basketball season start
Be careful what you wish for.

I’m excited about basketball too, but we have no idea how Pope is going to do yet.

I like Stoops, but it’s just different now after NIL and the A&M debacle.

I want to be able to enjoy basketball and football. Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: ManitouDan
I think Stoops got the chance he deserves , this season .. and its totally sucked . All systems failure , it's just time to move on . Push the guy out . Just like we did with Johny C .. someone will take him .

Dean Hood > Buffano
Clinkscale > Collins

Time for a change.
Hood is back on staff, no?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT