ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say

That makes zero sense.... but it might explain your comments.
Your intellectual deficit is something you need to deal with. However, I will not waste more of my time trying to explain something that you are obviously incapable of understanding. You are free to spend your time defending Cow. Don't bother responding because you are on ignore.

Pilgrim just said cal wants to come back and prove he can change. Hell no, he doesn’t get that chance anymore he has multiple opportunities, his used car salesman’s pitch is old. It’s time to move on, Mitch don’t fall for his bullshit
If he wants to return to UK for another year, this tells me that NO OTHER TEAM wants him!!!!

This is his last HOORAH!!! That is telling!!! It says that ALL of the other schools that need a new coach have figured out that Cal is nothing but a HUGE BLOWHARD!!!! He has lost it and everyone in college basketball knows it!!

Heck, with the talent we've had these last 4 seasons, there is NO EXCUSE for how LOW he has taken this program!!What other school is going to want a coach that PUBLICLY proclaims that "The name on the back of the jersey is more important to me than the name on the front"????!!!!!!! NOBODY!!!!

Last edited:
Your intellectual deficit is something you need to deal with. However, I will not waste more of my time trying to explain something that you are obviously incapable of understanding. You are free to spend your time defending Cow. Don't bother responding because you are on ignore.
I'm still trying to decipher why you wouldn't want DJ back just because his coach gave him some unearned (in your eyes) playing time.

Reactions: JFCats22
If he wants to return to UK for another year, this tells me that NO OTHER TEAM want him!!!!

This is his last HOORAH!!! That is telling!!! It says that ALL of the other schools that need a new coach have figured out that Cal is nothing but a HUGE BLOWHARD!!!! He has lost it and everyone in college basketball knows it!!

Heck, with the talent we've had these last 4 seasons, there is NO EXCUSE for how LOW he has taken this program!!What other school is going to want a coach that PUBLICLY proclaims that "The name on the back of the jersey is more important to me than the name on the front"????!!!!!!! NOBODY!!!!
Cowherd clearly stated what everyone who knows anything about basketball realizes. So, why is anyone surprised that he isn't wanted by any other colleges?

DJ is me, me, me. No time for that! He's not good. Can't generate offense, can't run offense. Can't finish a layup. Avoids contact. Sorry, he would have been riding the bench on a legit contender.
You continue to prove you are the most uneducated person on the planet when it comes to basketball.

You continue to prove you are the most uneducated person on the planet when it comes to basketball.
Normally I would agree that I want a top 10 recruit to come back even after a disappointing first year but for DJ I'm not sure. I guess assuming Cal is back then I don't want DJ back because I feel that even if he hasn't improved he would start anyway. And I wouldn't mind having DJ back if it were another coach but we all know he wouldn't be back in that scenario.

They talked about how Cals argument would be let me run it back with some returning players and guys coming in.

But IMO the pressure on that team next season if Cal were to return would be 1000x worse. It wouldn’t be fair to the players or the fans, because you put yourself in a position where every game you better win and you better make a run and that is a lot of pressure to put on a team.
Cal puts pressure on his team every tournament. We were playing great at the end of the regular season

Reactions: dl51344
Agree. The ONLY way anyone considers a Cal return is if it comes with some combination of Reed, DJ, Z, Bradshaw, Adou returning. Get 3 or 4 of them back plus keep most of the incoming guys and I can easily see Mitch agreeing to it.

However, not sure how you lock that in or determine that before a decision needs to be made.
The fan base has checked out. You can say add any lineup you want it isn’t gonna bring the fanbase back. This particular lineup still doesn’t know how to play defense. Is he gonna “try to teach kids this time” if he stays, I mean is he gonna triple promise and put a cherry on top? This is the time he definitely positively might mean it?

Last edited:
Reactions: catzcan and dl51344
Normally I would agree that I want a top 10 recruit to come back even after a disappointing first year but for DJ I'm not sure. I guess assuming Cal is back then I don't want DJ back because I feel that even if he hasn't improved he would start anyway. And I wouldn't mind having DJ back if it were another coach but we all know he wouldn't be back in that scenario.
Players first crap should be forever over with and all players who are not ok with this should be looking for a new home, imho.

Don't know how old you are, but sports as I knew it is probably gone forever.
There is nothing wrong with the game; however, there is something wrong with those who don't know how to operate in it. The same rules apply to all teams so the system isn't the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Maybe if Reed got the reps earlier, he would have been more ready for the game against Oakland.
Reed played the most minutes on the team the last 1/2 of the season and was on the court during every crucial moment the second half of the season. Reed shit his pants on the big stage. Blaming Cal’s use of Reed for his disastrous Oakland game is ridiculous.

He didn't put everything on this team. He put it all on three players: dj, Edwards, and Bradshaw. That's why he stuck with them no matter what.

Had he put it all on this team, by December he would've made dillingham THE man like he had with numerous other talented guys, reed would've started, and thiero would've gotten Edwards minutes.

He sold our entire season to play those three guys.
Those guys played the 4th, 7th and 9th most minutes. Dj playing the 4th most and Edward's 7th, Bradhsaw the 9th man. Not sure blaming in on the 7th man and 9th man is a valid excuse. It wasn't about the rotation, it was about the lack of defensive changes and in game adapting that cost us to lose so many games we shouldn't have.

Reactions: JFCats22
The moment Justin missed that dunk the thought that popped into my head....OMG has organized crime gambling ring gotten to this team? Are we reliving the 50s all over again? This game has got to be a fix...no way he missed that .
Hope its not the case but it sure would explain the level of ridiculousness of the last few years...sports gambling is legal almost everywhere now....why wouldn't the bad actors get involved and try to profit from it it?
Same. Watching some of the lethargic play, the sloppy passes, had me thinking point shaving, gambling. It sounds crazy but there is so much money out there.

Reactions: Tedington68
Those guys played the 4th, 7th and 9th most minutes. Dj playing the 4th most and Edward's 7th, Bradhsaw the 9th man. Not sure blaming in on the 7th man and 9th man is a valid excuse. It wasn't about the rotation, it was about the lack of defensive changes and in game adapting that cost us to lose so many games we shouldn't have.

I don't care how much they played. Our coach willingly sacrificed 10 minutes per game (5 in each half) of absolutely abysmal+/- lineup SOLELY for the purpose of playing his guys. It's bad enough to do it regular season, but literally intentional self destruction to do it in a one game elimination scenario.

He knew that lineup was awful. He did it anyway. In the post season!

There is nothing wrong with game; however, there is something wrong with those who don't know how to operate in. The same rules apply to all teams so the system isn't the problem.
I was too vague.
With the nil, one and done which are all about money, it's made the game a mere stopover or rent a player for a year.
How to get us back to the game you so aptly described is my concern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT