ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say (5/16/24)

I wonder if they'll actually address the issue of UK not having a legitimate scorer yet.

Pope has assembled a solid roster with tons of secondary guys, but we still need a primary scorer.
We have become so use to players having to do it on their own under Cal that we have gotten that a well coached offense can make anyone of those secondary guys capable scorers.

We have become so use to players having to do it on their own under Cal that we have gotten that a well coached offense can make anyone of those secondary guys capable scorers.

Nothing against them but most of our fans are like Kindergarteners learning to understand the game again. They won’t understand this concept until they see it play out in front of them. They still think we need a guy capable of taking over and dominating when Cal’s lack of coaching got us in a pickle.

Not to be mean, but these guys have no connections anymore. JP was good when Joel Justus was on the staff because he sang like a bird. Haven’t known much since he left.
This may be true, but we also have a new staff that seems to like to keep things under the radar, but also tweet out Booms and let the fanbase know something is coming. I don't think it is out of the question that they would start relationships with UK media and leak out information they are ok with being public. Obviously trust needs to be built there, but I would guess they aren't nearly as disconnected as you're acting like. I believe a lot of the administrators and behind the scenes people are still the same by the way.

Two out of our last three championships were very well balanced scoring teams. The ‘96 team relied heavily on Delk and Walker but had plenty of other scoring options. Wanting a “dude” or “go-to scorer” is kind of like wanting your blankie at night-night time - it just makes you feel better. I think we can win both ways.

I like JP, but man Shawn Smith is about as bad of a co-host as you could ask for.

He's actually wrong about SO MUCH with Xs and Os but talks like he thinks he's Phil Jackson. It's wild.

They need a true host, with JP being the secondary guy chiming in, and bring on REAL GUESTS. Not Matt freakin Sak or whatever that guys name is. Bring in real guests with real industry knowledge and insight.

To say this show has gone stale would be a massive understatement.

I like JP, but man Shawn Smith is about as bad of a co-host as you could ask for.

He's actually wrong about SO MUCH with Xs and Os but talks like he thinks he's Phil Jackson. It's wild.

They need a true host, with JP being the secondary guy chiming in, and bring on REAL GUESTS. Not Matt freakin Sak or whatever that guys name is. Bring in real guests with real industry knowledge and insight.

Ravi moss, Kenny Walker, or some former player in the area surely wouldn’t mind doing a podcast twice a month

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
Ravi moss, Kenny Walker, or some former player in the area surely wouldn’t mind doing a podcast twice a month

Good call!

That would be fun- bring some guys in like that.

Invite some local business people who are directly involved in big NIL donations and talk to them about it.

Jack claims to have so many "NBA Connections" - so invite them on sometimes to discuss the draft process, etc.

Rivals scouts, 24/7 scouts, ANYONE but hearing Shawn Smith drone on for 20 minutes without actually saying anything of value.

T

the fact matt sak is somebody just for being in the student section the last 4 years is just odd. His presence on X is cringe bc he doesnt know ball

I wonder if they'll actually address the issue of UK not having a legitimate scorer yet.

Pope has assembled a solid roster with tons of secondary guys, but we still need a primary scorer.
Hasn’t it been said a million times that our coaches are waiting for players that entered the NBA draft to decide to come back to school? Not sure why this is so hard for our impatient fans to understand.

Yesssss, they have great info but are so boooooorrrrriiiinnnnnggg! 😳🥲

The only thing worse than the sources say guys is anyone who wastes more than 5 minutes listening to them.

That can't be true. Trilly said Kansas leads, and we all know Trilly's conjectures are 100% accurate, until they're not, and then his followers remind us that he didn't "officially" make a pick.

Remember the "Fland to Indiana" smoke that didn't really count because it wasn't Trilly's official "pick"; except Trilly fanned that one for weeks and so many here preached that gospel and then reminded everyone that it wasn't "Trilly's official pick."

What will the Trilly cultists do if Robinson picks Kentucky over Kansas?

Oh yes, they'll point out his "final" predictions, and not his early conjectures that they often merge as one?
Trilly cultist here lol, but I would admit he is wrong, if we are being honest here Robinson is probably staying in the draft

Nothing against them but most of our fans are like Kindergarteners learning to understand the game again. They won’t understand this concept until they see it play out in front of them. They still think we need a guy capable of taking over and dominating when Cal’s lack of coaching got us in a pickle.
Yes, it'll be a big difference in coaching. But to beat uconn/Bama ECT who has GREAT coaching, and dominant players, your going to need someone who is dominant to compete!

Just the same old 50/50 crap. They did bring up that UK has a ton of money left for both chaz/Robinson if both wanted to come.
If both want to come you absolutely take both. I was watching a cbs podcast about the draft and wells is more open to returning to college than previously thought, the draft people really like him but wells is open to coming back to college. He is option number one throw a bag at him if he comes back

Reactions: c1doc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT