ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like UK needs to pound State with CRod

Yeah, after reading about that what I thought. As much as I want the passing game amped up probably not a game to do it. Will limit their time with the ball also.
Thats the game plan against any high powered offense, take the air out of the ball, have long sustained drives so they can't get into a rhythm on offense and get their hurry up going. Limit the Ms State and Tennessees of the worlds' offensive possessions and hope you can pay off your long sustained drives and get a few stops along the way.

If CRod gets 30 carries I think he will go for 200 yds and 3 TDs.

UK is at home, with the revenge factor from the L at Miss St. last yr. Also, UK on a 2 gm losing streak doesn't bode well for State either as they will be focused and motivated.

Furthermore, this will be the 1st home game of the season that UK has both Levis and CRod available.

All the intangibles point to a UK win.

Last edited:
Yeah, after reading about that what I thought. As much as I want the passing game amped up probably not a game to do it. Will limit their time with the ball also.
We need to win the time if possession battle in a big way. We need to limit mistakes and have long sustained drives of 10-12 plays eating up several minutes of clock at a time. We don’t need to get into a shootout with them.

Well considering he only got 19 against Ole Miss and 22 against South Carolina, I doubt they'll all of a sudden give him 30 against Miss State. I'd say 25 will be his cap, with McClain and Smoke taking a few carries away.
I agree and did Crod only get like 4 touches in the 4th Q last game?
I think I heard or read where Crod said he was feeling some fatigue or something also late in game.
He should be starting to get in game shape a little bit better now with a few games under his belt this year finally.

This needs to be the game plan. MSUs DC is not the guy to test in trying to get our hobbled QB back in the flow.

Levis wont' destroy them if UK Oline can't protect long enough to get a pass off.
Miss. State will send everyone and 8-9 man fronts will be the norm in this game. They will make a banged up Levi’s beat them

Reactions: K_TIME

Sounds like UK needs to pound State with CRod​

cover10.jpg

I am all for giving the ball to CR a LOT but playing against semi pro teams week after week as the cow bell risks injury more if you go overboard on leaning on this guy too much. All the weapons we have on offense, would like to keep it balanced. CR usually the guy delivering the pain but 3 or 4 guys pounding on him most plays may eventually take its toll on him.

This shouldn’t even be a game according to the coaching staff. First overall pick at QB, NFL RB, five NFL WR, three NFL TE. Holy Cow we should be 23.5 point favorites over Georgia.

This shouldn’t even be a game according to the coaching staff. First overall pick at QB, NFL RB, five NFL WR, three NFL TE. Holy Cow we should be 23.5 point favorites over Georgia.
You can't post a link to the Coaching staff saying these things.

Sounds like UK needs to pound State with CRod​

Yep....and this should have been the strategy against So Carolina from play one instead of a desperation gadget play that put our "never taken a snap" QB in a 7-0 hole in less than a minute after kick off.

Don't be afraid to go to your strength: Run C/Rod....chew clock....shorten the game....keep MSU's offense off the field....win a ground and pound affair..

GBB!

Reactions: rupp876
There is some truth to that. Levis should be a high 1st round pick, if not No. 1; C-Rod is very likely to play on Sundays, and we have multiple potential pro prospects at WR and TE, though Robinson is probably the only one to get drafted next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT