ADVERTISEMENT

Sounding like the Jason Hart hire is starting reap its benefits

Jimmy-Hart-jpg.jpg

Was just getting ready to make this same point. I think with Hart and ABIII there were short term considerations such as preexisting relationships that had already been forged (like Crowe) and there are longer term considerations that they are exceptional recruiters.

I’d also say that (maybe by circumstance) there is a bigger picture developing on Pope’s overall strategy.

Recruit talented in-state kids who have a higher probability of staying 2+ years and have the intrinsic understanding of what it means to wear the jersey.

Fill in high level 5 stars but in smaller doses than we’ve seen over the last 15 years.

Find the “in-between” 4 stars who could blow up or could provide a few years continuity. Fill gaps year to year in the portal.

Maybe it’s an obvious point, but it’s interesting to me to see it play out.

And Things are heating up with Mikel Brown, '25 5 star point
He’s on the smaller side at least weight wise but he’s athletic and can really shoot it in the clips I’ve seen. It’s highlights but his form is pretty. He appears to have a great handle and a variety of ways to score. I haven’t seen many guards that look better on film than he does.

Last edited:
Great to hear Dave, I believe he is from our Orlando area.

Great to hear Dave, I believe he is from our Orlando area. Missing the ocean breeze in the Villages?
Daytona/Ormond beaches Not all that far away. Brown has some similarity to Dillingham but is a true pg. 38% from 3. 5.5 assists. And we are getting a visit in late september I think.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Daytona/Ormond beaches Not all that far away. Brown has some similarity to Dillingham but is a true pg. 38% from 3. 5.5 assists. And we are getting a visit in late september I think.
I thought he had some Dilly in his game as well. He finishes around the basket a lot like him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT