ADVERTISEMENT

Somto Decommits- Released from NLI

Goodbye GIF

Dang. He was the one I wanted to keep the most. I love that he tries to dunk everything. Been a long time since we had a big play like that.

Must not of watched Thiero play this year... but of course he never really dunked just rejected.

These morons really still wanna play for Cal? Mind boggling

Of course. Cal is their titty. They wanna suckle him all the way to the NBA. That is why I don't care if all of these recruits bolt. They committed here for the wrong reasons, with the exceptions of Shep and Perry. Those guys are blue to the core and would have likely came to UK no matter who the coach was.

If the new coach can get quantaince which I think is possible and maybe fland I would be good. The rest can go wherever they want.

Of course. Cal is their titty. They wanna suckle him all the way to the NBA. That is why I don't care if all of these recruits bolt. They committed here for the wrong reasons, with the exceptions of Shep and Perry. Those guys are blue to the core and would have likely came to UK no matter who the coach was.

Respectfully, I don’t think many players these days commit to a school bc they “love the school and tradition”.

I don’t think Kansas recruits “bleed Kansas” or Houston’s recruits “bleed red”. Cooper flag doesn’t bleed “Duke blue” etc

It’s just a different kind of world these days.

Last edited:
Perry will be the only one left. Let Drew or whoever bring their guys. We need experienced players from the portal instead of just a bunch of freshmen that will automatically leave after one year. Fed up of the NBA culture.

Reactions: BigKari
Watch us get Drew and him wanting to be salt of the earth and not hurt the program he built in Waco and not want to poach any of them.
And if he does that it will mean he doesn't think he is bigger than the program. Actually would be the classy thing to do. I can wait a year to build a strong foundation. I mean would we have gotten any better if we kept Cal? We weren't going to be anything close to a contender next year.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Next year’s class was really weak. I had predicted that they would struggle to make the tournament because most likely Reed was going into the draft. There wasn’t one pure shooter on the team except Perry and Cal wasn’t going to play him over his $$$$$ tree draft pick boys.

Reactions: delk4three
And if he does that it will mean he doesn't think he is bigger than the program. Actually would be the classy thing to do. I can wait a year to build a strong foundation. I mean what would we have gotten any better if we kept Cal? We weren't going to be anything close to a contender next year.
I think this is true about 99pvt of major recruits. But there are definitely a few kids that see a particular school/program as their favorite.

Reed and Perry, I believe fit that mold for UK. Jayson Tatum grew up a Duke fanboy and was never going anywhere else, he constantly is repping Duke in the NBA.

There are still a few kids, that grow into star players and want to chase their dream school. But only a few.

And if he does that it will mean he doesn't think he is bigger than the program. Actually would be the classy thing to do. I can wait a year to build a strong foundation. I mean would we have gotten any better if we kept Cal? We weren't going to be anything close to a contender next year.
I didn't want to keep Cal but this is portal days. You leave you take you players with you. If he does that we will be lucky to have a team that won't get majorly embarrassed. I think we play Dook next year amount others like IU.

• Sad
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Amazing Arkansas is signing up for his shit. I kind of feel sorry for them but not as happy as I am for us

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT