ADVERTISEMENT

Somto Cyril highlights

TCurtis75

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
I’m not sure when this game was or if they have been posted yet, but these highlights have me even more excited for this kid. I love how he takes the ball up and slams it with authority.

Dude is going to be unstoppable. He was a grown ass man at 16. I can't wait to see him play.

Reactions: susan2361
I wish Bradshaw would take cues from that. I'm tired of seeing him clank layups off the backboard or rim. He needs to get agressive and just dunk the damn ball in a lot of those instances, or at least get fouled trying.
I may get a lot of flack on this but I am just not that high on Bradshaw right now. He may change my mind my the end of Feb. or March. I agree he just needs to be more aggressive.

Last edited:
I may get a lot of flack on this but I am just not that high on Bradshaw right now. He may change my mind my the end of Feb. or March. I agree he just needs to be more aggressive.
He’s another huge liability on defense. Even averages less blocks and rebounds than Thiero while playing the same amount of mpg across almost the same amount of games. I’m with you.

But he’ll make it as a stretch 4/5 off the bench in the league because of his ability to step out and shoot. But I’m not sure he’ll stick because he will continue to be a liability on the defensive end, and get manhandled by other 4 and 5 in the league.

Cyril, Onyenso, and Quaintance will give us a bit of everything next year in the frontcourt. Hopefully, Big Z is the fourth member of the frontline quartet.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Cyril, Onyenso, and Quaintance will give us a bit of everything next year in the frontcourt. Hopefully, Big Z is the fourth member of the frontline quartet.
Does this mean Thiero is a 3 next year? And if so, why isn’t he a 3 now? Why in the world, when Bradshaw entered the picture and Tre moved to the 4, didn’t Thiero start at the 3 over Edwards?

Have we ever seen two guards out there with Thiero, Mitchell, and Bradshaw? That still gives you 4 shooters and Thiero who can hit the wide open ones.

He’s got the motor. I don’t think too badly of him. He just misses a ton of point blank shots. Around the basket. Some of which could have been alleviated by just elevating and dunking it.

Reactions: westerncat
Hopefully the big man brings us one of these!!
gypl0jdu3mofrwvke6em

Reactions: Random UK Fan
His ranking suggests he shouldn't be relied on for much impact as a freshman, but ready for a break-out sophomore season (we all know how that approach goes under Cal).

I wish Bradshaw would take cues from that. I'm tired of seeing him clank layups off the backboard or rim. He needs to get agressive and just dunk the damn ball in a lot of those instances, or at least get fouled trying.
Bradshaw is thin brother. He makes freshman AD look strong.

He is very quick and explosive going up to the rim and can play above it. I think he can give us 8/5 in a reserve role next year. He is a rebounder

He looks muscle bound to me. Basketball players tend to be a little more flexible. Great highlight reel, though.
I don't think being muscle bound is the problem it used to be. In the past you rarely saw an extremely muscular basketball player(and even more for boxers) who had the flexibility and quickness to be great. But modern training methods put a lot more emphasis on stretching and staying flexible and a lot of athletes have shown that you can put on a lot of muscle without losing quickness and flexibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT