ADVERTISEMENT

Somto Cyril - 2024 Draft

Jan 5, 2018
I know we should take mocks with a grain of salt, but the fact that Cyril is even on some 2024 mocks (as a late second-rounder) makes me question if he is eligible for the draft to begin with.

He is eligible for this years draft and is not certain to be here next year. Pilgrim has hinted of this all year.
I didn’t realize that, I’d love to have Z back even if it meant losing him honestly. I do want some stronger post guys though. Which he is. I still hope he comes regardless of what happens. I’d have to choose more experience though if it’s one or the other.

Yes he’s draft eligible. No he doesn’t have a chance at being a 1st round pick. He’s a project.

Reactions: Fox2monk
There’s lots of $ in the second round these days. Look at Livingston. Some need to change their mindset when it comes to seeing guys projected in rd 2. They’ll still go if they get that guarantee before the draft.

Last edited:
The guy is coming off a 5 game series where he had 9 made Field goals. I’d like to have him but if a team wants to draft him he can be replaced.

There’s lots of $ in the second round these days. Look at Livingston. Some need to change their mindset when it comes to seeing guy’s projected in rd 2. They’ll still go if they get that guarantee before the draft.
I’d rather he decide before the portal closes honestly if possible. At least give us time to convince a big to return who was maybe unexpected or get a portal guy.

The guy is coming off a 5 game series where he had 9 made Field goals. I’d like to have him but if a team wants to draft him he can be replaced.
Ouch, I know what to expect with him but it would be nice to have a skilled big guy. Heck I was watching Wisconsin play and they had a big white dude, kinda reminded me of Jorts. Just someone who rebounds and has ball skill, and shooting would be great. That’s why I really want Big Z to return. If he can get the defensive end right he will be special.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
I’d rather he decide before the portal closes honestly if possible. At least give us time to convince a big to return who was maybe unexpected or get a portal guy.
I would say he won't have a definite decision until Ugo,AB, and Z have a definite decision.

Ouch, I know what to expect with him but it would be nice to have a skilled big guy. Heck I was watching Wisconsin play and they had a big white dude, kinda reminded me of Jorts. Just someone who rebounds and has ball skill, and shooting would be great. That’s why I really want Big Z to return. If he can get the defensive end right he will be special.
Yeah, Somto is basically a zero on offense other than Shaq-like dunks.

Fans better manage their expectations if he shows up in Lexington.

Reactions: uk78
Yeah, Somto is basically a zero on offense other than Shaq-like dunks.

Fans better manage their expectations if he shows up in Lexington.
That could have a silver lining.
Hopefully he knows who he is on the court and doesn't try to be something he's not.
Humphries gave us some good minutes just doing basic things.
Maybe next year if we play against a guard like Boots Radford who want to drive it straight into the bigs chest, Somto will put his ass on the floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: downw/ball-lineD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT