ADVERTISEMENT

Somerset

usinfantrycat85

Sophomore
Jul 6, 2015
Only in Lexington can a finish like that take place. What a awesome game. Congratulations. Now for the Rebels to take care of business

Care to elaborate?

9 seconds to go, Somerset had the ball on their own 27 with no timeouts down by 3. Completed a long pass to mayfields 35 with 2 seconds to go. Hail Mary pass to end zone as time expired, PI call on mayfield (very bad call). One untimed down from the 20 and he hits a player wide open in the end zone. Ball game!!!

Edit: just saw a replay of the PI call and see why it was called, although you still never see a PI call in that situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
9 seconds to go, Somerset had the ball on their own 27 with no timeouts down by 3. Completed a long pass to mayfields 35 with 2 seconds to go. Hail Mary pass to end zone as time expired, PI call on mayfield (very bad call). One untimed down from the 20 and he hits a player wide open in the end zone. Ball game!!!
Wow, does sound exciting! Thanks.

I think, if you check, Somerset was very successful in the early games of basketball state tournament .Runnerup in first two.

Last edited:
---
100% agreement on this.

And now mighty Boyle County goes down to bitter defeat. I couldn't be having a better weekend!

Spica Orbit
Only way it could be better is if Ohio State were to lose.

Reactions: blubo
And where do they recruit from?

No freaking clue. Absolutely dumbest comment I’ve seen on this board. Mayfield has 10,000 people in their town, no industry to recruit kids parents too and majority of players are legacy. I’m sure the poster that said that graduated from a school that mayfield has dominated over the years which is pretty much every school west of bowling Green. Tough PI call on them today the more I’ve seen that.

PI call was legit. Can't just knock a receiver down in the endzone no matter what point of the game it happens.
SHS had control of the game till deep into the 4th Q when Mayfield took advantage of a Somerset fumbled kick return.
I am a Pulaski Co. alum so, am a crosstown rival but, SHS had their share of injuries this season. Happy for those kids to fight through and get the Title.

PI call was legit. Can't just knock a receiver down in the endzone no matter what point of the game it happens.
SHS had control of the game till deep into the 4th Q when Mayfield took advantage of a Somerset fumbled kick return.
I am a Pulaski Co. alum so, am a crosstown rival but, SHS had their share of injuries this season. Happy for those kids to fight through and get the Title.
SHS Class of 87. The Somerset Bills moniker was getting old

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
It wasn’t a blatant PI, there was contact but both players jumping for the ball. Mayfield player didn’t grab him or anything.

If you read the rule book it says that the DB has an equal right to the ball as the receiver as soon as it is in the air. It is seldom if ever enforced that way, lol. That is something that always irked me. I got disqualified from calling Bishop Gorman's games one year by their HC (they could ban two officials from our assn) from NOT calling a PI on a DB that had his position in a summer league passing league. Also had an unsportsmanlike penalty as the referee of one of their games at the halftime when their HC (HC again, his brother) intercepted me and complained too much about an earlier call someone made, not even sure who made the call or what it was about. Started the second half with a 15 yard penalty. And take my word for it, referees don't like to call unsportsmanlike fouls on the HC, and they only get one.

Last edited:
If you read the rule book it says that the DB has an equal right to the ball as the receiver as soon as it is in the air. It is seldom if ever enforced that way, lol. That is something that always irked me. I got disqualified from calling Bishop Gorman's games one year by their HC (they could ban two officials from our assn) from NOT calling a PI on a DB that had his position in a summer league passing league. Also had an unsportsmanlike penalty as the referee of one of their games at the halftime when their HC (HC again, his brother) intercepted me and complained too much about an earlier call someone made, not even sure who made the call or what it was about. Started the second half with a 15 yard penalty. And take my word for it, referees don't like to call unsportsmanlike fouls on the HC, and they only get one.
That rule is basically for 50-50 balls. You cannot go through the receiver to get the ball. That's why it's called pass interference. That was blatant pass interference.

He hit the receiver b4 ball arrived prohibiting receiver from making a play on the ball. I see dpi in the film...

bang bang play, I had to slow it down...very tough call.

Edit: just saw a replay of the PI call and see why it was called, although you still never see a PI call in that situation.
Unless you’re in Missouri in 2018

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
You have mayfield confused with someone else. What in the hell do they have to recruit with?
No. Don't have them confused. They've been getting players from Graves county (and probably a few other places) even after Graves Co HS was formed. They aren't doing that by honest means.

No. Don't have them confused. They've been getting players from Graves county (and probably a few other places) even after Graves Co HS was formed. They aren't doing that by honest means.

Sorry my nephew started off in graves county and switched to mayfield in middle school because of football and he wasn’t recruited. Anyone who makes that switch does it on their own accord.

Tough call but the right one. Then looked like a busted coverage on the final play. Mountain teams cleaned up.

Mayfield recruiting Graves for football doesn’t even make sense. Graves has 1 maybe 2 players that could play for Mayfield any given year. People in that area serious about football CHOOSE to play for Mayfield over Graves. The only team that recruits in far western KY is McCracken County.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT