ADVERTISEMENT

Someone explain it

Because it's wildly different scenarios not comparable at all.

Big Z played professionally in Europe in some capacity and the NCAA is mad he might have gotten money for travel/housing/food.
The Miami TE has gotten 4 medical redshirts which don't count against your eligibility plus his covid year. 5th year senior with 4 medical redshirts makes 9 years. So as absurd as it is, still within the written NCAA rules.

Big Z played professionally in Europe in some capacity and the NCAA is mad he might have gotten money for travel/housing/food.
The Miami TE has gotten 4 medical redshirts which don't count against your eligibility plus his covid year. 5th year senior with 4 medical redshirts makes 9 years. So as absurd as it is, still within the written NCAA rules.
So he'd be 27 or 26 going on 27.

It's still pretty wild to think you can be that old playing against college kids.

Sure Big Z played professionally in Europe. But according to Seth Greenberg during the Louisville vs Miami game. Greenberg said that Miami player Kyshawn George played professional ball in France. So WHY is Kyshawn George eligible but Big Z is not?

Why would anyone want to spend 9 years in college? The 6 it took me to get an undergrad degree nearly killed me. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Possibly free room/board and avoiding real world responsibilities. Someone that didn't take advantage of education, life after college may appear difficult.
Or simply believing, one day their dream will come true.....NBA NFL etc.

I get your point, and I agree, but a bit disingenuous...no?
Paid college adults... No longer kids.
My point was:

These 18, 19, 20 year olds aren't as physically mature. The NFL has a 3 year rule because most guys aren't physically able to play in the NFL at that age.

Sure, the college guys are all legally adults. And they're making real world money now. So maybe we shouldn't call them kids.

But they're certainly not as "grown" as a 27 year old that's been in and out of college football for that many seasons.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He keeps getting older, the coeds stay the same age
Great line. Good movie.

dazed-and-confused.jpg

My point was:

These 18, 19, 20 year olds aren't as physically mature. The NFL has a 3 year rule because most guys aren't physically able to play in the NFL at that age.

Sure, the college guys are all legally adults. And they're making real world money now. So maybe we shouldn't call them kids.

But they're certainly not as "grown" as a 27 year old that's been in and out of college football for that many seasons.
I don't think the NCAA has ever had age limitations, though.

My point was:

I clearly stated that "I get your point".
And, my point was these guys are not kids, and it's disingenuous for you to refer them as such.
Do you consider 18, 19, 20 year olds dying in the military as grown? I bet you refer to them as men and women.....not kids!

Explain how a Miami TE can return for his 9th!!! year in college! But the NCAA cannot approve a 18 year old kid to play at Kentucky?!! The NCAA is a joke of an organization, they won’t clear Big Z because he would make the team better. That’s all it boils down to!
I am sorry but you it can’t be explained except for one reason, it’s Cal and it’s Kentucky . Now the second reason would be because it’s not Dook that’s about the only reason I could come up with

I clearly stated that "I get your point".
And, my point was these guys are not kids, and it's disingenuous for you to refer them as such.
Do you consider 18, 19, 20 year olds dying in the military as grown? I bet you refer to them as men and women.....not kids!
You keep saying "I get your point" but then you focus on the word "kid" a nd not my actual point.

I take back the word kid. They are not kids. You win on the word kids.

My point that you CLEALRY DO NOT GET is that a 19 year old is not physically the same as 27 year old. But I'm guessing you'd like to talk about the word kid some more.

You keep saying "I get your point" but then you focus on the word "kid" a nd not my actual point.

My point that you CLEALRY DO NOT GET is that a 19 year old is not physically the same as 27 year old. But I'm guessing you'd like to talk about the word kid some more.
Was never my disagreement. I've never mentioned physical differences. My disagreement was you describing them as kids. Do you really believe I can't recognize there is (generally speaking) physical differences between 19 and 27 year olds? Not once did I dispute this......
Yes KID is what I'm talking about here. Unless you'd rather continue moving the goal posts
My only and entire point was you referring 18 19 20 year olds as kids.

Last edited:
Was never my disagreement. I've never mentioned physical differences. My disagreement was you describing them as kids. Do you really believe I can't recognize there is (generally speaking) physical differences between 19 and 27 year olds? Not once did I dispute this......
Yes KID is what I'm talking about here. Unless you'd rather continue moving the goal posts
My only and entire point was you referring 18 19 20 year olds as kids.
And I clarified in the 2nd post.

We seem to agree. Let’s agree to agree and move on.

And I clarified in the 2nd post.

We seem to agree. Let’s agree to agree and move on.

Yes you clarified in the second post, then proceeded to tell me "I CLEARLY don't get your point, right after I showed you where I said "I get your point and even agree with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT