ADVERTISEMENT

Oweh commits

Boom GIF

Like oweh, tough physical guard, who is improving every year as a shooter. Now they focus on play making and shooting. Go get Mahaney, poplar, Robinson, wells, shulga, or whoever else. They need 2-3 from that group mentioned. Along with the frontcourt pieces
Also possible a couple of our recruits may shoot better in a more wide open offense. Glad to have a player like this. Experienced, can score from all three levels, outstanding defender, mature and strong and can play the two or three.

We are going to be defense-minded it appears. Might be a lot of games in the 50s and 60s, but if we win, who cares, amirite?
Don’t think you’ll see Pope’s teams avg in the 50’s and 60’s. But, he also knows you can’t just outshoot teams every night.

We’ll put up points, but winning 3 in a row in Nashville and 6 in a row in NCAA always requires winning a game when you’re not shooting well. I like our nucleus!

I haven't been obsessing over potential players for my personal well being, so I don't know much about him. What is the scouting report on the type of player we should expect him to be for us?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
What pope has added so far kinda of reminds me of Iowa stats team last year. A bunch of tough physical guys defensively, and a good wing scorer with a shooter. Kentucky needs to get the wing scorers and shooter
We are assembling a physical team that will probably be more than capable of roughing up whoever Cal puts on the floor.

Apparently so. Doesn't seem to fit but I guess they're just going with best they can get. Hopefully coaching can improve the lackluster offensive skills.
You complain because players aren't being signed and then you complain about who gets signed. After the team is fully assembled you will complain about the style of play. If they win, all the stuff you are complaining/unhappy about shouldn't matter.

I think it's important to try and remember this is a special opportunity for these guys. They are the start of a whole new precedent at UK. Just the unforgettables were. They deserve our support. We're asking these kids to come into a situation where that is relatively unknown, where fan patience is going to be iffy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT