ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Some recruiting notes

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
** UK cornerback commit Andrew Purcell visited Auburn for their Big Cat Weekend but I was told today he is solidly committed to Kentucky. Auburn just landed a big-time corner commitment and that can't hurt. The fact that he visited was really downplayed to me not only by sources with knowledge from this end but also on the Auburn end. Maybe just keeping relationships open the way the sport is now. He's a really good commit for UK but at the moment I like their chances of keeping him.

** OL Jayden Clark just visited Kentucky and it's possible he could be a replacement option at C/G now that Spike Sowells is committed to NC State. He was a guy that Wolford seemed to have some interest in. The thing is, programs have been wanting to wait and see how he comes back from injury. So perhaps if they decide to wait and evaluate, see what materializes, he could be a guy who proves himself to be a great late addition. That's my read on it at the moment. He has definitely been interested in Kentucky.

** Cincinnati WR/TE commit Mikkel Skinner went through with his visit to Kentucky and I'm told it went extremely well. South Carolina just offered so things are getting hotter for him still. This was an unofficial visit. What I have heard is that there's a good chance Kentucky gets a flip from him. That is still the sense I've gotten after his visit. Haven't spoke to Skinner but this is the chatter. Do not have a timetable. Just that the feeling is UK still in a great spot. If he visits other schools then I will have to check back in but I like their chances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News