ADVERTISEMENT

Some Random guy at Fox has us unranked

Would rather it be that way, than ranked too high like recent years.

I'm still skeptical on this team. Been burnt too many times the last few years falling into the off-season love-fest only to be let down tremendously.

He is with Goodman, both do everything to get views and don’t believe half the crap they say. In the comments he said he trust ucla the most of the unranked teams. Not having ucla or Kentucky In the top 25 is a clown take but that’s exactly what field of 68 is
I have said before, Vegas makes billions every year off of being smarter about sports than the average fan, commentator, or pundit. Ky is in the top 5 of every single betting outlet there is to win the title this year. I'll take Vegas's predictions over anyone's. Yes, every year there are teams that are high favorites to win it all that lose early, but still, I think Vegas knows more than anyone else. I would say you wouldn't get odds you liked very much if you bet on Ky to not be in the top 25 at the end of the year.

I have said before, Vegas makes billions every year off of being smarter about sports than the average fan, commentator, or pundit. Ky is in the top 5 of every single betting outlet there is to win the title this year. I'll take Vegas's predictions over anyone's. Yes, every year there are teams that are high favorites to win it all that lose early, but still, I think Vegas knows more than anyone else. I would say you wouldn't get odds you liked very much if you bet on Ky to not be in the top 25 at the end of the year.
Agree, I see Kentucky as a top 15 team right now, who can improve a lot as the season goes on

If you go just by pure talent then this is a top 5 team. To not be ranked at all is a joke. Most of the talent is young as usual and there are injury concerns also so I understand not being ranked as high as usual. But the potential of this team is as high as any other team in the country imo.

Watching the NBA thing, my first thought was how did we get so much worse from the summer? They did not look good overall. Plus, if we are going to have players that get a step advantage on the baseline and instead swing the ball to an open 3 point shooter, it would be nice if that shooter hits them.

I think this is going to have to be a wait and see season. I personally hate that all our early games until the big one are against girls high school teams. I never feel that is a good preparation for a high level team. But, oh well, don't have control over that.

Reactions: RunninRichie
That is why he is a random guy.

Heck he has his right, be it hatred, no faith in Cal, outright thinking 29 other teams are better. Does not matter, it is his choices. Let him Hate.

That argument makes no sense. Nobody has played a game. Ranked or unranked.
😅 Exactly. nobody has played a game. How do you rank a team that hasn’t played a basketball game? what criteria do you use?

Lunardi does one thing well. Pick the field of 68. Which isn't that hard to do tbh. He is often extremely off on rankings/seeds. Dude is just a one trick joke pony.
I’d love to compare his preseason bracket to the actual one, Heck even one from like December or January.

😅 Exactly. nobody has played a game. How do you rank a team that hasn’t played a basketball game? what criteria do you use?
Seriously? Ummm how about these:

-previous season record
-returning players vs players staying
-incoming recruiting class
-transfers (both in and out)
-coaching staff (changes or not)

Then compare the above with every other team in the field. That’s how you get pre season rankings. It’s not rocket science and the preseason rankings aren’t always the most accurate. But most of the time preseason rankings are more right than wrong.

While I agree having us unranked is wrong, I’m not surprised to see folks ranking us low or seeding us low right now. As I’ve said before, at some point you have to prove you belong up there. First round bounces to lower seeds and a historically bad season is in everyone’s recent memory for UK and a lack of talent doesn’t hold much water when you get the classes Cal gets.

Reactions: jrm693
By my count we were 4-4 vs. his Top 25 last year without the #1 recruiting class. What's interesting to me is Rivals no longer has Kentucky ranked at all in 2023 team recruiting. [laughing]

That's a pretty glaring omission by Rivals. I drilled down to SEC and we aren't there either, 😂.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT